2021-22 Laval General Discussion Thread

dlbalr

30 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

Don't know if this is the right thread. But do people think Teasdale or Brook get resigned?

I believe both will be re-signed.  Teasdale, by virtue of missing a full season in 19-20, actually will have another year of waiver exemption even though he'll be off his ELC at that point.  Between that and how he did last season, that's enough of a reason to keep him.

As for Brook, the right-side depth is pretty shaky both in terms of the current depth and in the pipeline among those that are pro-aged so there's definitely a spot for him.  He was a bit better last year and if he's able to get back this season, I suspect they'll give him some heavy minutes.  If he doesn't come back, he'll get another year of waiver exemption which again makes him worth keeping.

On the contract front, Xhekaj already counts against the 50 and I think Schueneman is trending towards being let go.  Belpedio could be let go if they're bringing Brook back (although I'd keep him either way) and there are some RFAs that won't be back so there is a bit of room to work with on that front.

• 2 weeks later...

Laval won in OT vs Texas on the second game in a row against each other

it was an entertaining game. I liked Vejdemo, Ylonen and Primeau 

but the best players were the Quebequers on the team

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Harvey-Pinard gets a game in (Gallagher could be back tomorrow so not all of those recalls will play).  He has been better the last few weeks and has a playing style that actually is more in line with what they want from the fourth line.

6 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Here's a blast from the past...

this bottom-of-the-barrel signing is just proof that this GM doesn't have the guts to pull a real trade to improve the team....

<oh wait> this is the new GM </oh wait>

I guess it is alright since it is JG and not MB :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

this bottom-of-the-barrel signing is just proof that this GM doesn't have the guts to pull a real trade to improve the team....

<oh wait> this is the new GM </oh wait>

I guess it is alright since it is JG and not MB :rolleyes:

Bodies are needed across the AHL with covid callups and the new taxi squads are taking a hit out of every organizations depth.  You can do worse than a guy who had a pretty extensive nhl career 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Bodies are needed across the AHL with covid callups and the new taxi squads are taking a hit out of every organizations depth.  You can do worse than a guy who had a pretty extensive nhl career 

I am being an donkey hole, still... I am getting a “Goat” (Gauthier) vibe from JG. He isn’t very visible since the press conference 

14 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am being an donkey hole, still... I am getting a “Goat” (Gauthier) vibe from JG. He isn’t very visible since the press conference 

I don’t think he needs to be. He needs to be moving assets out, and it isn’t the ideal time to do that now. If someone knocks his socks off for Chariot make a deal, otherwise we have time. 
we suck, and there is no point adding to the roster right now, unless someone is willing to take underperforming, and over priced guys like Gallagher and Petry off our hands (unlikely in season), or if another team wants early insurance for the playoffs. I wouldn’t mind making an early deal and not risking an injury to Chiarot, but only if we still get a solid return. 

this isn’t like 6 or 7 years ago, when Peoce was hurt and we had a slim chance at the playoffs, and needed a goalie and Bergevin twitters his thumb up his ass and didn’t do much else.

I’ll reserve judgment on his actions until after the trade deadline.

given the news we had MB cause (the idiotic and tone deaf 1st round draft pick), or was forced to make (Weber career/season ender, Price exposure at expansion draft, price out for the season), I’d rather have no news at this point.

The only move he could have/I think he should have made is fire the coach and let Richardson take over - language controversy be damned - maybe that could get Petry going, and increase his trade value.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

He has been put in a role where it was said he wouldn't be talking to the media much so no, he's not going to be very visible publicly.  There has been a transactions freeze up until today and with the outbreaks across the league, there isn't going to be any player movement for a few weeks in all likelihood.  Every team has been quiet in recent weeks so I wouldn't interpret Gorton not meeting with the media as him being another Gauthier.

12 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t think he needs to be. He needs to be moving assets out, and it isn’t the ideal time to do that now. If someone knocks his socks off for Chariot make a deal, otherwise we have time. 
we suck, and there is no point adding to the roster right now, unless someone is willing to take underperforming, and over priced guys like Gallagher and Petry off our hands (unlikely in season), or if another team wants early insurance for the playoffs. I wouldn’t mind making an early deal and not risking an injury to Chiarot, but only if we still get a solid return. 

Agreed, there really isn't anything for JG to talk about now, there will be when he hires a GM.  COVID has slowed everything down and I am sure he is spending a lot of time trying to get bodies to fill out the farm teams.  Teams are not in trade mode right now but that will change. 

• 3 weeks later...

Happy to read that Teasdale is back practicing with the team in Laval:

Nice article, in french, on the Laval Rocket. Nice to see them do this: