2021-22 Laval General Discussion Thread

dlbalr

13 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

was it planned that Harris would not be added to the Laval team? Or a mistake?

I forget what the explanation was

I believe he signed after the deadline to be on Laval's roster in order to be eligible for the playoffs.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

was it planned that Harris would not be added to the Laval team? Or a mistake?

I forget what the explanation was

Because he signed an NHL contract for this season after the trade deadline, he became subject to the same rule that prevents Caufield from being playoff-eligible.  If he had signed starting next year, he'd be eligible for Laval.

That said, I think he has a good shot at playing for the US at the Worlds as they often have college players rounding out their roster in that tournament so he may be able to play a little while longer yet.

Well ... he looks dominant while he is all by himself

time to root for a winner

🚀 🚀 🚀 Go Rocket Go!!! 🚀 🚀 🚀

Edited by alfredoh2009
added emoji

looks like an exciting end of the season for the Rocket. I look forward to following their playoff run

Vejdemo's season is over after undergoing surgery:

He's a VI UFA this summer and it wouldn't be surprising to see the Habs move on.  I get the sense there will be a lot of turnover in Laval again as this management group brings new veteran pieces in.

🚀 🚀 🚀   Go Rocket Go !!! 🚀 🚀 🚀

Norlinder is on his way to Laval to play in the playoffs.  He has been off for a little bit now, I'm surprised they didn't bring him over earlier if he was going to be playing.

33 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Norlinder is on his way to Laval to play in the playoffs.  He has been off for a little bit now, I'm surprised they didn't bring him over earlier if he was going to be playing.

Maybe he hoped he would be chosen for World championships?

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

is this a Laval decision or Hugh-Gort forcing the kid onto the Rocket?

I ponder and wonder 🤔 🤨 🙄

5 hours ago, DON said:

Maybe he hoped he would be chosen for World championships?

I think that would have been everyone's preference but I guess he didn't make the cut.

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

is this a Laval decision or Hugh-Gort forcing the kid onto the Rocket?

I ponder and wonder 🤔 🤨 🙄

I don't think there's much to ponder here.  Montreal dictates Laval's roster moves.  His SHL contract is now up, giving the Habs exclusive assignment control.  What's better for development, going to Laval or sitting at home?  With Belpedio hurt, there is a spot for Norlinder to slide into and even if they lose to Syracuse (the likely outcome), it's a couple of weeks in Laval's system working with the coaches. 

We have 72 games to do development , now that we are where we are (playoffs) we will do all we can to win

Very good article (in French, though) asking important questions when trying to match Hugh-Gort mantra vs reality

"Developing, but who?" is a literal translation of the title. Article, points out that if you go down the Rocket's roster, it is difficult to find top Habs' prospects that are counted on by the team in this year's Calder cup hunt.

It's definitely a fair point - there weren't a lot of prospects on the team this year which is why there were a lot of players signed to AHL deals to round out the roster.  That will soon change as the picks from the last few years turn pro.  The ones of some value are still Primeau (if he plays), Teasdale, Harvey-Pinard, and Ylonen while someone like Schueneman (who isn't really a prospect) is still worthy of development time as well.  Those are all players that could be in the longer-term plans in some respect.  But it's true, there isn't much development from this roster as it's a group that skews fairly old.

(Norlinder, Condotta, Heineman, and Hillis are also there but probably won't play much if at all while I'm not sure Schnarr is part of their plans beyond this season.)

If you wanted a further sign that Josh Brook isn't in the plans beyond this season, here it is.  He's obviously healthy enough to play since he played in Trois-Rivieres in the playoffs but they've determined he's not even worth keeping around as a healthy scratch.

Belpedio back

On 5/5/2022 at 12:38 PM, dlbalr said:

If you wanted a further sign that Josh Brook isn't in the plans beyond this season, here it is.  He's obviously healthy enough to play since he played in Trois-Rivieres in the playoffs but they've determined he's not even worth keeping around as a healthy scratch.

Brook did not join the Rocket for personal reasons, let's not jump to conclusions... at least not yet.

Brook wasnt a lock to make the NHL to begin with, then injuries and no real inspiring play in AHL was there?

AHL Total:

106gms 6g 29pts

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Brook did not join the Rocket for personal reasons, let's not jump to conclusions... at least not yet.

But I already jumped...  Not saying he's wrong but that is a frequent line that's used for a lot of other things, including to avoid embarrassing a player.