2021-22 Laval General Discussion Thread

dlbalr

It looks like the next round will be against Springfield (and our old friend Matthew Peca) as they are ahead 2-0 at the second intermission and look set for a series sweep vs Charlotte.

20 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

It looks like the next round will be against Springfield (and our old friend Matthew Peca) as they are ahead 2-0 at the second intermission and look set for a series sweep vs Charlotte.

Also old friend Charlie Lindgren as St. Louis sent him back down this afternoon.

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Also old friend Charlie Lindgren as St. Louis sent him back down this afternoon.

That's right! Might not get many starts, though, if Hofer stays as hot as he has been against Charlotte.

I completely forgot that we had drafted him.

Will Bitten has all of the tools to become a very dangerous two-way forward that can produce strong numbers at the next level. (EliteProspects)

Uh huh.

Will Hughes claim him to assist The Rocket?  Don't know if he could play for Laval but at least it would keep him off the Springfield roster.  Pending UFA so no commitment.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Will Hughes claim him to assist The Rocket?  Don't know if he could play for Laval but at least it would keep him off the Springfield roster.  Pending UFA so no commitment.

He would need to go on waivers again to go to Laval, so that's a non-starter.

But keeping him away from Springfield, while not nice for him personally, would be a boost for the Rocket -- he scored 24 assists in 40 games with Springfield this season.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

It would have cost them $26,250 US to claim him and probably would have rubbed a few general managers the wrong way.  Montreal did one of those back in 2001 - I can't remember any others since then - and they eventually re-signed the player (Benoit Gratton) so it wasn't just a straight assignment block as it would have been with Rosen.

Didnt see the hit he took this time, but he had head hit glass behind the net in Europe and missed time for previous concussion, maybe 2 years ago, if i remember correctly.

I would love to see an AHL final between Chicago (CAR) and Laval (MTL)

5 minutes ago, DON said:

Can and will Simoneau/Trudeau join Laval?

Both can.  I imagine they'll join them if Laval gets to the Calder Cup Final.  They're not going to have them join up with the team in Springfield for tomorrow though.

If true, and he is looking for an AHL contract (i.e., not a 2-way NHL deal) then it seems like a no-brainier to me ... good regular season, great playoffs.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

If true, and he is looking for an AHL contract (i.e., not a 2-way NHL deal) then it seems like a no-brainier to me ... good regular season, great playoffs.

Depends on which Martel shows up.  The one who was benched multiple times during the regular season for a lack of hustle or the one who played his way up off the fourth line to lead the team in scoring in the playoffs.  He's also a veteran now and teams only get five of those.  To be honest, I'm not sure I'd commit two years of a veteran slot to him this early in the process.  I want to see what other options are out there first.

Probably not worth doing a full offseason thread for Laval so here's a bunch of recent roster news:

D Tory Dello re-signed, one year, one-way.

F Peter Abbandonato re-signed, one year, one-way.

D Olivier Galipeau signed, one year, two-way.  (Played on a PTO with Laval this season on an ECHL deal.)

F Anthony Beauregard signed, one year, two-way.  (Played a few games with Laval in 2017-18.)

D Santino Centorame signed, one year, two-way.  (Just finished four years in Canadian college after his junior career ended.)

16 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Probably not worth doing a full offseason thread for Laval so here's a bunch of recent roster news:

D Tory Dello re-signed, one year, one-way.

F Peter Abbandonato re-signed, one year, one-way.

D Olivier Galipeau signed, one year, two-way.  (Played on a PTO with Laval this season on an ECHL deal.)

F Anthony Beauregard signed, one year, two-way.  (Played a few games with Laval in 2017-18.)

D Santino Centorame signed, one year, two-way.  (Just finished four years in Canadian college after his junior career ended.)

It is my assumption but, to be certain, is the "way" either AHL or AHL/ECHL?

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

It is my assumption but, to be certain, is the "way" either AHL or AHL/ECHL?

Yep.  They're all on AHL deals with the one/two-way provision being salary differences between Laval and Trois-Rivieres.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Yep.  They're all on AHL deals with the one/two-way provision being salary differences between Laval and Trois-Rivieres.

Dello and Abbandonato the only ones expected to be Rocket regulars?

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Dello and Abbandonato the only ones expected to be Rocket regulars?

Even Abbandonato is a maybe - he spent a bit of time in the ECHL this season.  But yes, Dello is a safe bet and the others are just recalls in all likelihood.