2021-22 Laval General Discussion Thread

dlbalr

4 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I'm happy to see that he decided to stick with the Habs' organization. Now let's see whether he's got enough skill and drive to look good in the AHL and earn an NHL contract.

What's the Habs' current contract count situation?

Per CapFriendly:  Contracts: 44/50

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Thanks. And Primeau/Dach still unsigned so that's 46.

And, yeah, not much goaltending depth, with only three goalies (not counting Price) on NHL contracts, plus Poulin on an AHL deal. One injury, and they'll be calling TR.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Thanks. And Primeau/Dach still unsigned so that's 46.

And, yeah, not much goaltending depth, with only three goalies (not counting Price) on NHL contracts, plus Poulin on an AHL deal. One injury, and they'll be calling TR.

If slaf makes the team its 47.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Slaf in Laval the full year would count on his contract, or slide ?  I thought since it is a pro league, it would count.

Counts towards the 50 limit if he's in Laval but the contract itself would still slide if he doesn't play in more than nine NHL games.  Same with Mesar, for that matter, if he was to be sent to Laval instead of junior.

6 hours ago, Plutarch said:

Any news on Lukas Vejdemo? Is he done in NA?

He's still injured, out until I think November so teams aren't rushing to sign him.  I think he's done in North America though.  Maybe Laval gives him an AHL deal if offers in Sweden don't materialize but I don't see why they wouldn't.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Plutarch said:

No more nuance than that? No '20 games up he can't go down'? Just next year he can't eh?

I think the actual number of NHL games is 56 before he'd become waiver-eligible this season (updating the waiver chart on the main site is on my to-do list).  He's not playing in 56 NHL games this season so it's easier to think of him as waiver-exempt for the whole year.

• Like 2