Jump to content

Montreal Canadiens 2021-2022 training camp


alfredoh2009
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

It's horrible. Have we really come this far?

That Rinaldo is willing to risk the health of others on and around the team or that the team won't let him ... or, at very least, won't plan to use a roster spot on a marginal player that will not be able to play any games north of the border even if he makes the team?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

That Rinaldo is willing to risk the health of others on and around the team or that the team won't let him ... or, at very least, won't plan to use a roster spot on a marginal player that will not be able to play any games north of the border even if he makes the team?

The fact you believe he is risking the health of others in and around the team because he chooses to not get vax'd is what's even more horrible... he has a choice and it might not be the same as yours... 

Give your head a shake cause that thought process alone is appalling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

It's horrible. Have we really come this far?

I'm confused by this comment.

 

  I think we all agree that Zach Rinaldo has a choice.  But don't his employers (and teammates) also have choice?  It seems both he and CBJ are exercising their rights to choose a path.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

19 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

 

No vaccine = increased risk of infection = increased risk of transmission to those around him = posing a risk to their health

 

I completely agree he has a choice ... but that choice has consequences ... for him and potentially those around him

His choice is personal and has no consequences but for his own. You are gas lighting and fueling more division in this largely forsaken world currently.

 

The risk of transmission is no different between vAx and unvaxd persons. Stating you have an increased risk of transmission is just plain disinformation. Exposure to the virus is the same regardless of vax status. The possibility of experiencing milder symptoms once infected if vax'd is a case that could be made. But even those studies are still yet to be fully documented as double vaccination in Canada is only 3 months into rollout. DATA out of Israel and UK which is close to 7/8 months ahead of Canada in roll out is very troubling.

 

Anyways this is a hockey forum.... sorry to the forum for hijacking it..

 

Sorry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

 

His choice is personal and has no consequences but for his own. You are gas lighting and fueling more division in this largely forsaken world currently.

 

The risk of transmission is no different between vAx and unvaxd persons. Stating you have an increased risk of transmission is just plain disinformation. Exposure to the virus is the same regardless of vax status. The possibility of experiencing milder symptoms once infected if vax'd is a case that could be made. But even those studies are still yet to be fully documented as double vaccination in Canada is only 3 months into rollout. DATA out of Israel and UK which is close to 7/8 months ahead of Canada in roll out is very troubling.

 

Anyways this is a hockey forum.... sorry to the forum for hijacking it..

 

Sorry

 

 

vaxxed people recover faster, this means that they are carriers of the virus for a shorter period of time.... just from they transmit to less people. also vaxxed people also have lower viral loads. 

 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html

 

We don't have enough studies to say this conclusively, but the early studies suggest that those two factors lead to reduced transmission.  They need a larger sample size to be sure, but the early data suggests they are not the same.

 

Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons potentially have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons, although additional studies are needed.

 

 

 

 

 

Also the data out of israel is not really troubling at all.  Here is a good explanation of what is happening in israel. 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/08/31/covid-israel-hospitalization-rates-simpsons-paradox/

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

However, regardless of what you think of the rules, the fact remains the NHL is allowed to make those rules for their own business.

 

Rinaldo and bertuzzi can choose not to be vaxxed, they also have to realize that such a choice has consequences including losing income. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

However, regardless of what you think of the rules, the fact remains the NHL is allowed to make those rules for their own business.

 

Rinaldo and bertuzzi can choose not to be vaxxed, they also have to realize that such a choice has consequences including losing income. 

That's exactly what it boils down to. They do have a choice and they also know the consequences of their choice. Whether we (or they) agree with the rules or not, the ramifications are clear either way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

However, regardless of what you think of the rules, the fact remains the NHL is allowed to make those rules for their own business.

 

Rinaldo and bertuzzi can choose not to be vaxxed, they also have to realize that such a choice has consequences including losing income. 

 

Agreed. They can choose and if not getting a vaccine is more important than playing than that is a choice they make. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

The fact you believe he is risking the health of others in and around the team because he chooses to not get vax'd is what's even more horrible... he has a choice and it might not be the same as yours... 

Give your head a shake cause that thought process alone is appalling.

So, I guess you were also appalled when they took away your choice to smoke I’m public places, even though it out others at risk🙄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

... The risk of transmission is no different between vAx and unvaxd persons ...

Once someone is infected I agree the risk of transmission is same/similar ... but my point was that as an unvaccinated person is more likely to become infected, they are more likely to have the "opportunity" to infect others.

 

Hands up, gun placed on ground, my hijacking also over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you seriously drop a Washington post opinion piece?? 

- more then plus 80% double vaxd in Israel highest and longest standing in globe 

-7/8 months ahead of north america in vax⁸ rollout (meaning we can compare data to Israel in March.

- Over half of all hospitalizations and deaths in Isreal currently are double vaxd and they have the highest infections on top of that then any time during this pandemic and its summer time and they are +80% double vaxd for more then 8 months (repeating myself to stress)

- no country has been double vaxd longer then the citizens of Israel meaning we will have similar numbers if modeling Israeli and UK data (as well) is aligned

 

This is what truly matters...

serious illness/ hospitalizations and deaths

 

Not case counts or total infections 

 

And right now it's essentially a 60/40 split

DD vax VS unvax

 

It also seems Dr. Fauci says otherwise on transmissabilty then what your saying... remove the opinion and read the data And make your own decision for what's right for you. You should not be punished at work or in school or life in general for deciding to not take a medical procedure without informed consent or fear of being punished. Period.  Especially for a vaccine that is yet to be even approved!

 

 

My pharmacy is preparing for another March surge similar to UK and Isreal... as an fyi and we've stockpiled close to 16 million doses of Pfzier and Moderna. My pharmacy has carried Pfzier for the most part which is the choice of the majority. Discarded alot of Moderna as nobody wanted it and it all expired...

With that said, to read the Isreaeli data is a little tough due to language barriers but attached is a link to the most current technical brief provided by Public health England from Feb to August 20, 2021

 

Page 21/22 is fairly telling and interesting when tracking all hospitalizations and deaths in the country by vaccination status. And to think the numbers in Isreal are worse while considering they are 2 months more advanced then UK in rollout.

 

No opinions just raw data...

 

 

I really dont want to argue this as I'm for vaccination but totally against forced/ coerced/ mandated vax. Everyone has a choice and that choice should not be made under duress.. and there SHOuLD Not be consequences for choosing to decline... medical tyranny is medical tyranny...

Period. 

 

Read 👇brief and disect pg 21/22 as we can expect soon enough in Canada

 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1014926/Technical_Briefing_22_21_09_02.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi-9a-70JbzAhXAElkFHb_YCo0QFnoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1br55Y8V9n_M-Tbz91zGnt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Drouin Dvorak Anderson was pretty interesting to start

But assume Gallagher will slot in when arrives and Anderson will drop down a line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just going to say the same people who fight for pro choice about the vax are those that fight against pro choice for abortion. Think about that a second. Is it your body your choice or not?

 

Hockey anyone? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DON said:

But assume Gallagher will slot in when arrives and Anderson will drop down a line.

I wouldn't be to sure. Gallagher could very well end up on Evans line. Hoffman out to start the season throws a monkey wrench in the line upright off the hop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I wouldn't be to sure. Gallagher could very well end up on Evans line. Hoffman out to start the season throws a monkey wrench in the line upright off the hop.

 

That's also my take. I read someone this morning on Twitter claiming that Gallagher could slide in instead of Anderson to "make it a stronger defensive line". Anderson is as strong if not stronger defensively as Gally. Further, what I like about the Drouin-Dvorak-Anderson line is that Jo and Andy had great chemistry last year. They have styles that complement each other very well. And since Devo is the team's #2 centre, it makes sense to put him between them. It also gives two shooting options when Drouin dishes the puck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No room or spot for Pinard on Habs, but nice to hear a late pick is making himself noticed and he had fairly productive rookie year in Laval.

Engels;

"• Rafael Harvey-Pinard skated with Evans and Joel Armia. That’s a nice reward for a 2019 seventh-rounder who has worked so hard for every single opportunity. It won’t be where he sticks throughout camp, but the idea that he plays a game at some point this season—perhaps with those two players as linemates—isn’t as farfetched as it would’ve seemed on the day he was chosen 201st overall.

“I wouldn’t be against him,” said director of development Rob Ramage at the start of rookie camp last week.

I’ve spoken to at least three other members of the team’s brass who have said the same thing verbatim."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes i dropped a piece from the washington post.  Did you read it?

 

The fact you dismiss the washington post... a highly, highly reputable publication tells me all i need to know.

 

And yes a 60/40 split is something on its face to look at.

 

But you didnt read the article... clearly.... cause the explanation of Simpson's paradox shows this.

 

40% of hospitalizations coming out of less than 20% of the population (and even less than that when you consider people who have previously had covid and have some natural immunity).... shows that the chances of being hospitalized with covid are still far greater if unvaxxed.

 

You need to look at hospitalizations not just in raw numbers but on a per person basis.

 

The number of unvaxxed in israel hospitals is still a much larger percentage of the unvaxxed population.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

You should not be punished at work or in school or life in general for deciding to not take a medical procedure without informed consent or fear of being punished. Period.  Especially for a vaccine that is yet to be even approved!

 

 Can this be form Eichel's manager?

You may want to fact check, FDA approved the vax Aug23rd. FDA APPROVED!! GET THE SHOT!!

 

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

 Can this be form Eichel's manager?

You may want to fact check, FDA approved the vax Aug23rd. FDA APPROVED!! GET THE SHOT!!

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

Health Canada also has approved Moderna Spikevax COVID-19 vaccine and Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty COVID-19 vaccine.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...