Carey Price in the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program.

GHT120

NEW YORK/TORONTO (Oct. 7, 2021) – The National Hockey League (NHL) and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) announced today that goalie Carey Price of the Montreal Canadiens will be away from the team while voluntarily taking part in the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program.

There will be no further comment.

Bergevin to speak to media (an

Just now, TurdBurglar said:

Glad he’s getting help. 

WHATEVER it is, that is always the most important thing.

Just now, zumpano21 said:

Damn. Hope he comes back better than ever.

Let's start with come back

Bergevin to have presser at 11:15 ... such are usually avaulebale through the Habs Twitter account (@CanadiensMTL)

Likely also on RTDS/TVA (at very least their websites) ...  don't know whether the TORONTO Sports Network or SportsNeTORONTO will cover live)

12 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Bergevin to have presser at 11:15 ... such are usually avaulebale through the Habs Twitter account (@CanadiensMTL)

Likely also on RTDS/TVA (at very least their websites) ...  don't know whether the TORONTO Sports Network or SportsNeTORONTO will cover live)

I’m assuming that’s eastern time 

My respects to Angela Price for sharing this

The direct link for the full Instagram post, for any who want it

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUu1A_SL6mx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Bergevin's presser

• MINIMUM 30 days
  • MB didn't see it coming when he found out yesterday
  • despite Drouin's issue last season he sees no systemic issue with Montreal/Canadiens
  • MB announced it to the team this morning 

What a ####ing shit show.

Stanley Cup final  followd by

- Losing Weber all season and possibly forever

- Losing KK to an offer sheet

- Losing Price for extended period of time

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCK

3 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

What a ####ing shit show.

Stanley Cup final  followd by

- Losing Weber all season and possibly forever

- Losing KK to an offer sheet

- Losing Price for extended period of time...

I would say SHIT STORM ... as shit show carries an implication, for me at least, that the habs are complicit in the problems ... at least 2 of 3 are beyond their control.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I would say SHIT STORM ... as shit show carries an implication, for me at least, that the habs are complicit in the problems ... at least 2 of 3 are beyond their control.

you're right.  Not blaming the team by any mean.

43 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

I’m assuming that’s eastern time 

Isn't everything?

KIDDING

Apologies, should have been more precise ... HabsNation knows no timezone restrictions. 

Wow. 

There may be no direct link to Drouin, BUT I would not fall on the floor if CP's seeking help has been informed by Drouin's seemingly very positive experience. If so, then we all owe Drouin a debt of gratitude for showing leadership.

It makes me wonder whether Carey's erratic performance - huge dips in play followed by extended runs of excellence - in recent years has had mental health roots. I also wonder whether his injury and, perhaps, the loss in the Cup Final have contributed. But that's just sheer uninformed speculation on my part.

Thanks God we have Allen, but boy, we are in tough to start the season.

We have Allen ... but I'm less confident about Montembeault as a backup (and Allen should not be playing 80% of the games, either).

If Price is away for an extended period, our chances of a playoff spot will be significantly worse.

19 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I think all the expansion draft drama had a toll on him and broke him down.  But I'm glad for him asking for help. If he tried to play with his mind not in it, could of made things worse. So good  on him. 

I think there was drama amongst the media and fans, but from all reports MB never asked Carey to consider waiving his MNTC and it was Price who suggested it as means to retain Allen ... obviously he was OK with the possibility that Seattle might select him (however remote that was) but I don't think there was in any way drama ... unless he wanted to be selected and was disappointed he wasn't, but nothing has come out from any reputable source (that I recall) about that being the case.

Always good when people ask for help ... it is the only way to get better ... in the N HL, and sports in general, it was for all too long not something that was accepted amongst players, teams or even fans.

7 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Wow. 

There may be no direct link to Drouin, BUT I would not fall on the floor if CP's seeking help has been informed by Drouin's seemingly very positive experience. If so, then we all owe Drouin a debt of gratitude for showing leadership.

It makes me wonder whether Carey's erratic performance - huge dips in play followed by extended runs of excellence - in recent years has had mental health roots. I also wonder whether his injury and, perhaps, the loss in the Cup Final have contributed. But that's just sheer uninformed speculation on my part.

Wow is right.

When I 1st read the threads title I had to wonder if it might be related to his operation and if he was having a problem coming off the pain pills or something.  However, then I saw Prices wife's comments which seem to suggest otherwise.

I've always wondered what Prices deal is though, because considering how great he can play he has always let in quite a few weak goals.  ex:  theres been lots of games where Price plays an amazing 59 minutes and 59 seconds but eventually lapses for 1 second and lets in a weak goal.  It very well could be related to that. Those momentary lapses the issue seems to be related to being in his head.     

8 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I think there was drama amongst the media and fans, but from all reports MB never asked Carey to consider waiving his MNTC and it was Price who suggested it as means to retain Allen ... obviously he was OK with the possibility that Seattle might select him (however remote that was) but I don't think there was in any way drama ... unless he wanted to be selected and was disappointed he wasn't, but nothing has come out from any reputable source (that I recall) about that being the case.

Always good when people ask for help ... it is the only way to get better ... in the N HL, and sports in general, it was for all too long not something that was accepted amongst players, teams or even fans.

Who knows - maybe he wanted out and the opportunity to be closer to him appealed to him, and not being picked up took a toll.

whatever the cause, hopes he gets well soon, and is able to deal with his issues.