Oct. 13, Canadiens vs Maple Leafs, 7 PM

dlbalr

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The PP is not going to suck all year AGAIN, is it??

In their defense, they spent a minute and a half trying to get into the offensive zone, so we don't know what the actual PP looks like yet.

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Lmao, I'd love to have heard what Armia just said to whoever the Habs was that pushed his stick into the corner just as Armia was skating towards it and about to pick it back up.  

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

In their defense, they spent a minute and a half trying to get into the offensive zone, so we don't know what the actual PP looks like yet.

That sounds a lot like last year's power play...

Damn, what are they doing?  

The majority of the time their positioning is totally wrong.  ex:  what was Suzuki doing out at the blue line?  He easily could have moved over and in towards the top of the circle.  Then he could have shot from there vs doing the back n forth passing with Petry.  

1 minute ago, Plutarch said:

Not sure why the 5 on 3 play is Petry slappers

Definitely a bit disappointing. Didnt seem like much urgency. Lazy play by Toffoli lets the Leafs clear the zone and shots from the point wont get it done 

Positives? Anderson-Dvorak-Drouin ADDs offence to the Habs, and was the best line on the night. Only the first game, but this line has potential.

Savard was better than in any of the pre-season games.

Caufield looked dangerous even if he could not score.

And Allen was solid.

14 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Horseshit call to end the game.  Gallagher getting pushed around by 2 Leafs after the whistle, Anderson comes in to Gallagher's defense, only penalty called on Anderson. 

This is why the NHL needs to have some means for the press to submit questions to the refs to get explanations for certain calls, in particular the rules interpretation ... 

2 hours ago, Plutarch said:

Not sure why the 5 on 3 play is Petry slappers

That was the play design last year - stay stationary and play for the point shot.  It didn't work then and I'm a bit surprised that it's still Plan A without Weber on the point.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

Horseshit call to end the game.  Gallagher getting pushed around by 2 Leafs after the whistle, Anderson comes in to Gallagher's defense, only penalty called on Anderson. 

I thought that was a bit strange as well. 

13 hours ago, sbhatt said:

One stinking goal...deserved to lose. 

It was only 1 goal, but Habs could of been up 3-0 easily within the first 3 minutes.  They failed to capitalize on 3 grade A+ chances, including Savard getting an open net 2-on-1 and skied the puck.  That single goal would have made it 4-0. 

The positives I took away was they are still dangerous on the rush, they had good pushback in the 3rd, Allen is still solid, and the defence wasn’t as weak as I feared.

The negatives were, the PP, the PP, the PP and missed chances costing the game.

12 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Positives? Anderson-Dvorak-Drouin ADDs [...]

Savard was better than in any of the pre-season games.

Caufield looked dangerous even if he could not score.

And Allen was solid.

I agree, I listened to the first two periods on the radio and only watched the third; Chiarot seemed to be playing well too, both where moving well and mobile

2 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

It was only 1 goal, but Habs could of been up 3-0 easily within the first 3 minutes.  They failed to capitalize on 3 grade A+ chances, including Savard getting an open net 2-on-1 and skied the puck.  That single goal would have made it 4-0. 

Nate Thompson also "could of" scored more as a Hab.:P

Failure to capitalize (I think) is partly due to lack of elite talent up front and that still hasnt changed in HabLand for past 35 yrs.

When will a 90-100pt player actually suit up in a Hab jersey? 

39 minutes ago, DON said:

Nate Thompson also "could of" scored more as a Hab.:P

Failure to capitalize (I think) is partly due to lack of elite talent up front and that still hasnt changed in HabLand for past 35 yrs.

When will a 90-100pt player actually suit up in a Hab jersey? 

Depressing stat of the day.  Over the last 5  full seasons (I didn't bother to check last year since it was a shortened season) (so dating back to 2015-16)  The ONLY time the Habs had a 70-point player was Max Domi in 2018-19 when he managed 72 points.  The only teams who didn't (and most had mutliple players in multiple seasons) were Arizona and Nashville.