Game #2 Habs vs Sabres Oct.14 2021, 7:00pm

DON

Buffalo Sabres meet with the Montreal Canadiens Tonight |News

I assume Montembeault will get the start, other that lineup likely not to change.

Well, quickly will see if Habs can beat the american teams they "should", like the Sabres (& Detroit).

No Eichel shouldnt hurt their chances.

2 hours ago, DON said:

I assume Montembeault will get the start, other that lineup likely not to change.

Correct on both fronts.  Montembeault starts and there won't be any lineup changes.  I'd like to see Brooks get a shot on the fourth line (Paquette and Perreault were both a bit underwhelming yesterday) but considering he hasn't even had a practice with the team yet, I can understand the hesitance.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Correct on both fronts.  Montembeault starts and there won't be any lineup changes.  I'd like to see Brooks get a shot on the fourth line (Paquette and Perreault were both a bit underwhelming yesterday) but considering he hasn't even had a practice with the team yet, I can understand the hesitance.

I didn't watch enough of the game to have an opinion on P & P ; when hoffman comes back, who is more likely to sit? (who was the most underwhelming?)

Hope to see a better faceoff performance from Evans, too: at 25% (3-9) the Armia-Evans-Gallagher line as largely without a puck and ineffective against the Leafs. 25% is definitely not normal for him, so expecting more tonight, and with a commensurately more dangerous line for us.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Hope to see a better faceoff performance from Evans, too: at 25% (3-9) the Armia-Evans-Gallagher line as largely without a puck and ineffective against the Leafs. 25% is definitely not normal for him, so expecting more tonight, and with a commensurately more dangerous line for us.

Well this should be one of the best chances for a big night on all fronts.

there is not many worst teams to play than the Sabres.

42 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That hasn't always stopped the Habs from losing (e.g., 2019-20 Red Wings)

Hmm, up until the Sabers scored I wasnt sure if their announcer was Rick Jeanneret or not.  This is hislast season and he isnt doing all their games.  He does have really good voice but he was sounding very monotone.  There was a serious lack of tonality in his voice that makes him sound more like he's giving a speech or reading from a book.  That definitely changed when they scored though. 

There was some pretty passing amongst the "Drouin unit" but. nobody looked ready to shoot ... then the "Suzuki unit" couldn't really get setup in the zone ... looks all too familiar ... paging Mike Hoffman

Wow, the goal post comes up big.  On one of their last shots from along the goal line I thought for sure that it went in the top corner, but luckily it missed the net completely.

D'oh, they just scored again. 

Now the Sabers have a PP.  Oh well, theres 1:30 left in the period, so hopefully the Habs will be saved by the buzzer.

20 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

There was some pretty passing amongst the "Drouin unit" but. nobody looked ready to shoot ... then the "Suzuki unit" couldn't really get setup in the zone ... looks all too familiar ... paging Mike Hoffman

The 1-3-1 where they pass it in a triangle accomplishes absolutely nothing.  Dvorak is good in the bumper role and they didn't attempt to get it into him.  They basically played 3-on-4 with Dvorak and the player in the middle of the triangle being there for decorative purposes only.  It's baffling that the solution to last year's power play struggles was to do exactly the same thing this year and hope for a different outcome.  There's a word for that...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Yeah, the Habs are worse then the Sabres!!  ####ing pathetic performace once again!  Our PP looks like shit and the other teams' PP always looks good against us!  Ths is gonna be a long season!  If we look this bas against the Sabres, imagine what it'll look like against the Bolts, or the Panthers or the Bruins!!!

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

That hasn't always stopped the Habs from losing (e.g., 2019-20 Red Wings)

Didnt say it can - and it looks like we are starting 0-2.

ive already made it clear all summer what I don’t see us as a playoff team. If we are going to have a chance we have to win he games against teams like the Sabres and the  Wings.

10 minutes ago, Pino10 said:

Ducharme is not a head coach. He’ll be 15-18 after tonight. Yikes. They were 2-0 last year after two games. 

13-9 in the playoffs. I do think those count for something, too.

0-2 is a poor start but two games is an awfully small sample. We have a lot of turnover in players this time around, and we're missing maybe five to injuries at the moment.

Of course, you are free to start a "Fire Ducharme" thread. 🙂

BEST thing in this 3rd period is that there are not a lot of whistles ... "ça passe vite"