Game #2 Habs vs Sabres Oct.14 2021, 7:00pm

DON

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

BEST thing in this 3rd period is that there are not a lot of whistles ... "ça passe vite"

Best thing about the 3rd period is that there is just over 3min left of this horror show.

20 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I wasn't sure what to expect for this one but I certainly wasn't expecting that.  Here's hoping Brooks is in Saturday, they can't justify just icing the same lineup after that pitiful effort.

I think Ducharme threw in the towel halfway through as the TOIs certainly did not reflect the individual players' performances tonight. Likely he was just looking to have his top units spend more time together.

Petry on the ice for all three Buffalo PP goals ... ouch.

watched late and have not read the posts on the thread, I am guessing most are negative comments on the team

IMHO:

I did not mind the game, most players showed flashes and played with intensity

this teams seems like a new bunch of guys put together, they are disjoint and uncoordinated.

Montembault was not as bad as the score shows. Had good rebound cntrol but was out of position; similar to when Price is off and gets beaten on odd angles and back door

Chiarot and Savard are ok, but had no forward support

Kulak and Romanov took themselves out of position

Wideman was Gustafson bad...

Dvorak's line was good, Suzuki's line was bad, Evans line was ugly

Perrault played well when on other lines, I think he tool Caufield's spot for a few shifts.

The team needs Hoffman and Edmundson ASAP

====

Onto game #3 this Saturday: Go Habs Go!

I am laughing at the comments on this game. Yes, it was bad. So were the Leaf against Ottawa. Why? It is back to back games at the first of the year.  Even mid season it is hard to not be exhausted for the second game. Yeah Yeah, big money pros should be in shape. No. It is mental fatigue which most of you would not understand, but let me explain. The NHL is a fast game. Is that referring to the speed the skating and puck moves? Not really. It is about how much time you have to make a decision at every moment of the game. The first game will totally drain you and to have it against a rival like we did, the intensity was amped. What happens in game 2 is your brain is not quite in sync. You make passes behind the player, you turn over the puck at the blueline. Everything you saw last night. That is a little sports psych 101 for you all. Yes the legs are tired but it is the mind that failed last night. Excuses? Heck, it is game 2. I think it is the reality of what I watched last night. 

Stop acting like Leaf fans. it is embarrassing 

32 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

watched late and have not read the posts on the thread, I am guessing most are negative comments on the team

IMHO:

I did not mind the game, most players showed flashes and played with intensity

this teams seems like a new bunch of guys put together, they are disjoint and uncoordinated.

Montembault was not as bad as the score shows. Had good rebound cntrol but was out of position; similar to when Price is off and gets beaten on odd angles and back door

Chiarot and Savard are ok, but had no forward support

Kulak and Romanov took themselves out of position

Wideman was Gustafson bad...

Dvorak's line was good, Suzuki's line was bad, Evans line was ugly

Perrault played well when on other lines, I think he tool Caufield's spot for a few shifts.

The team needs Hoffman and Edmundson ASAP

====

Onto game #3 this Saturday: Go Habs Go!

I think your cup of optimism floweth over. This was as bad as it gets.

When you are a bubble team and you start the season 0-2, including a shellacking against the woeful Sabres, there is legitimate cause for concern. Bubble teams don’t get 10 games to “round into form.” The points urinated away now are every bit as important as the points battled over in March.

Panic is premature, but concern? Reasonable.

20:02 for Dvorak

I think Romanov & Petry were paired towards end of game, if so i like they at least tried the kid on top pair.

Romanov had 3 shots and surprising to see Savard had 4 shots; but getting Edmundson back will not hurt at all.

Seems like Wideman at least will help the offense, gotta give him that.

Special teams ugg. 0-8 on PP, and given up 4 PP goals. Hope not a season long trend once again.

1 hour ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

I am laughing at the comments on this game. Yes, it was bad. So were the Leaf against Ottawa. Why? It is back to back games at the first of the year.  Even mid season it is hard to not be exhausted for the second game. Yeah Yeah, big money pros should be in shape. No. It is mental fatigue which most of you would not understand, but let me explain. The NHL is a fast game. Is that referring to the speed the skating and puck moves? Not really. It is about how much time you have to make a decision at every moment of the game. The first game will totally drain you and to have it against a rival like we did, the intensity was amped. What happens in game 2 is your brain is not quite in sync. You make passes behind the player, you turn over the puck at the blueline. Everything you saw last night. That is a little sports psych 101 for you all. Yes the legs are tired but it is the mind that failed last night. Excuses? Heck, it is game 2. I think it is the reality of what I watched last night. 

Stop acting like Leaf fans. it is embarrassing 

We call that BS... its game 2 not game 20 or game 30. The mental tiredness of playing up to 20 minutes of on ice hockey? Gimme a break but for the goalie and he was fresh. these guys took a bus from TO to Buffalo and settled in by 1am. They lost because they weren't up to the challenge of Buff home opener.  

Petry made bad decicuons

Romanov  was turning over the puck all night.

Chiarot I thought played well but took some untimely penalties.

Our PK was bad and our PP was worse.

it was the difference in game 1 as well as game 2.

The 3rd and 4th line do not look good over 2 games. The Engvall line owned us on Wednesday and it carried over to yesterday. I'll wait for players to return and iron out the wrinkles but don't tell me a team with half the players in there 20's are fatigued after game 1 physically or mentally because if that is the case we are so fkd all season...

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think your cup of optimism floweth over. This was as bad as it gets.

I didn't write all my thoughts, just the positive ones; I agree that the team sucked. The coach said it best:

« Ça fait trois mois qu’ils se font dire qu’ils sont bons, qu’ils sont beaux, qu’ils sont extraordinaires, a lancé Dominique Ducharme. À un moment donné, c’est comme quand tu dis à ton jeune de ne pas mettre la main sur le poêle. Il faut qu’il l’essaye, il la met. Je pense qu’ils l’ont ressenti. »

loosely translating to: "for the last 3 months they have been told how great they are[...] It's like when you tell your child not to touch the hot burner on the stove. but he just goes and tries for himself to find out. I believe they felt [the burn] it"

[adding article]:

I was trying to say that this season's team is not last series team with a few changes. It is more like a new team wearing the same uniform, there are so many changes. I still liked what I saw from the Dvorak line, Montembault, Petry, Savard, Perrault and Chiarot.

I believe that for a bubble team, they will be ok and fight for a playoff spot. The first two loses should temper any expectations of a top 4 finish in the division.

Edited by alfredoh2009
added link to article being quoted

I disagree on petry... I didnt like his game last night. He had no pace to his breakouts.. slowed it down way to much, held on to the puck and made bad decisions. My personal thoughts is all. Am I worried about him long term? Absolutely  not. 

1 minute ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I disagree on petry... I didnt like his game last night. He had no pace to his breakouts.. slowed it down way to much, held on to the puck and made bad decisions. My personal thoughts is all. Am I worried about him long term? Absolutely  not. 

he had kulak with him who was useless. Petry was not great, but skated, moved the puck and tried to push the play. He got burnt when he did not have a forward or kulak covering for him.

Petry hs never been a good PK defender, if I remember correctly.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

When you are a bubble team and you start the season 0-2, including a shellacking against the woeful Sabres, there is legitimate cause for concern. Bubble teams don’t get 10 games to “round into form.” The points urinated away now are every bit as important as the points battled over in March.

Panic is premature, but concern? Reasonable.

100%

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

0g0p, 3shots, -2 +/-

And presumably was a 3rd line winger ... 11:37 5-on-5 TOI (8th amongst Hurricane forwards) ... 0:41 on PP ... took NONE of the 67 faceoffs in the game ... 

20 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

And presumably was a 3rd line winger ... 11:37 5-on-5 TOI (8th amongst Hurricane forwards) ... 0:41 on PP ... took NONE of the 67 faceoffs in the game ... 

last game?

10 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Yes. On the ice for one Isles goal, none by the Canes. But, admittedly, Aho's stats were the same, and I do think he is a legit star player.

** sarcasm on **

probably Aho is dragging down KK, he needs a centre that can pass him the puck

** sarcasm off **

Did they trip or got a blister from new skates?! I do not remember them being roughed up by the Habs

41 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

last game?

Thought your post was about the one game the 'Canes have played ... which was remarkably similar (0g,0p, -1, 2 shots) to what I now see was your prediction for next week ... fingers crossed you are correct

TOI .... faceoffs