Oct 15 2021, Laval vs Belleville 7pm

DON

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Looking forward watching the improved Laval D

I'd say their defence is a lot worse this year.  Belpedio is a nice pickup but they lost Fleury and Olofsson to Seattle plus Brook to injury.  Fairbrother is a good prospect but is he ready for big minutes day one?  One of Tory Dello, Terrance Amorosa, or Carl Neill is in the top six on any given night.  That's not good and that's basically with a fully healthy group (Brook isn't coming back anytime soon).  Talent-wise, I think the back end is worse and the depth certainly isn't great.

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'd say their defence is a lot worse this year.  Belpedio is a nice pickup but they lost Fleury and Olofsson to Seattle plus Brook to injury.  Fairbrother is a good prospect but is he ready for big minutes day one?  One of Tory Dello, Terrance Amorosa, or Carl Neill is in the top six on any given night.  That's not good and that's with a fully healthy group.  Talent-wise, I think the back end is worse and the depth certainly isn't great.

Fleury had plateau'ed and was * meh! * most of the time, Oloffson and Belpedio are similar, aren't they?

I liked what I saw of Fairbrother on the preseason and Dell seems to be a smart D

If Schueneman plays as well as last season, they should be "better"

• tomh009 changed the title to Oct 15 2021, Laval vs Belleville 7pm
20 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Fleury had plateau'ed and was * meh! * most of the time, Oloffson and Belpedio are similar, aren't they?

I liked what I saw of Fairbrother on the preseason and Dell seems to be a smart D

If Schueneman plays as well as last season, they should be "better"

Even if he had plateaued, Fleury was still a top-four guy.  They basically only have two of those right now in Olofsson and Ouellet.  Schueneman started strong but finished poorly so it's hard to pin higher expectations on him.