2021-22 NHL Discussion Thread

tomh009

7 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Good to see the yotes winning so we can tank on even while playing decent hockey.

Yup and Seattle getting a point helped too. 

Seattle and Arizona are tied, 3 points ahead of us. 

8 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Good to see the yotes winning so we can tank on even while playing decent hockey.

A win for Arizona, a loss for the Leafs and a point for Seattle, that counts as a good night!

I will be paying more attention to Laurent Daupin's performance at centre. With Poehling underwhelming performance compared to Dauphin, it will be interesting who they keep as 4C for next year and who they trade.

Also, if they trade Lehkonen, Dauphin would be a good option on LW for next year.

This is an interesting read on how he was perceived on his draft year; compared to how he plays, it seems like he may be a late bloomer:

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2013/6/14/4425072/laurent-dauphin-2013-nhl-draft-prospect-profile

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I will be paying more attention to Laurent Daupin's performance at centre. With Poehling underwhelming performance compared to Dauphin, it will be interesting who they keep as 4C for next year and who they trade.

Also, if they trade Lehkonen, Dauphin would be a good option on LW for next year.

This is an interesting read on how he was perceived on his draft year; compared to how he plays, it seems like he may be a late bloomer:

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2013/6/14/4425072/laurent-dauphin-2013-nhl-draft-prospect-profile

I think it's a little early to suggest that he may be a late bloomer. He has 2 goals in 25 NHL games this year so I need to see a little more blooming than that. Having said that, he has worked hard and put in a decent performance, perhaps a 4th line guy at best. 

30 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

Is Ylonen really a "4th line" kind of player?

He is a great skater and from I have seen in Laval, he seems to be reliable on defensive assignments.

Habs are deep on RW, if he climbs on the line-up, it will be to his credit

I love the fact that Matthews got a well deserved suspension. What I can’t believe is:

1) leaf player getting what was deserved - I suppose it’s because it’s NY DOPS office vs the Toronto war room making the call

2) the Dept of player safety getting something right

on the flip, Its pretty silly how goons consistently get away with crap like this, whereas skilled players do usually get the suspension that is deserved (McKinnon being the only recent  exception I can think of), while goons and grunts get away with crap all the time one (Gallagher probably gets a shot like this every 2nd or 3rd game). I suppose it’s probably because the DOPS is usually run by a goon.

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Josh Manson to Colorado for Drew Helleson and a 2nd.  Helleson is a pretty good prospect.  If you're looking for the template of a Chiarot return, this is probably it.

That is a decent return, Helleson is a good prospect. Not a fantastic  return but certainly a decent one. 

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Josh Manson to Colorado for Drew Helleson and a 2nd.  Helleson is a pretty good prospect.  If you're looking for the template of a Chiarot return, this is probably it.

A nice prospect like that, R d-man also, would look good in the system. 

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/gears-grades-avalanche-add-integral-playoff-element-with-josh-manson/

9 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yes, an Arizona win in OT is perfect.

I’d rather Arizona just wins. I don’t trust them in OT. Rather they gain two points for sure than only one.

We need Seattle and Phoenix to get more points, now that DD is gone.

On another note, what the heck is going on with Vegas. I thought at one point that they were an absolute shoe in for a playoff spot. They better turn the ship around pretty quick or they will be watching the playoffs from the sidelines. The last couple spots in the West are certainly up for grabs. 

11 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

On another note, what the heck is going on with Vegas. I thought at one point that they were an absolute shoe in for a playoff spot. They better turn the ship around pretty quick or they will be watching the playoffs from the sidelines. The last couple spots in the West are certainly up for grabs. 

Pacs and Stone have each missed 30-ish games (Stone still counting) ... and ... GOALTENDING ... Lehner is at .909, his backup Boisvert is .895 and the last resort Thompson is at .890.

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Pacs and Stone have each missed 30-ish games (Stone still counting) ... and ... GOALTENDING ... Lehner is at .909, his backup Boisvert is .895 and the last resort Thompson is at .890.

Cherchez le gardien. I like Lehner, though - his tweet wishing Price well immediately after Game 6 last year showed a lot of class. He’s a charismatic guy.

It’s a fine line in today’s NHL. A couple of injuries, a bad year from your netminder, fatigue with a coach, whatever…you can end up on the wrong side of the bubble quite easily. 

Vegas is overdue for some bad luck anyway, having been born with a golden spoon in their collective mouths.

11 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Cherchez le gardien. I like Lehner, though - his tweet wishing Price well immediately after Game 6 last year showed a lot of class. He’s a charismatic guy.

It’s a fine line in today’s NHL. A couple of injuries, a bad year from your netminder, fatigue with a coach, whatever…you can end up on the wrong side of the bubble quite easily. 

Vegas is overdue for some bad luck anyway, having been born with a golden spoon in their collective mouths.

Good post. It is a fine line, it doesn't take much to start a downward spiral.  Vegas was certainly a serious cup contender but now there are bunch of teams a point or two behind them with games in hand.  You have to give Vancouver credit, they certainly dug themselves out of a big hole and only a point behind.  It will be harder now for teams like Dallas, Vancouver, Winnipeg to be sellers at the deadline as they are so close to a playoff spot. 

They certainly started with a golden spoon, agree on that. 

54 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It’s a fine line in today’s NHL. A couple of injuries, a bad year from your netminder, fatigue with a coach, whatever…you can end up on the wrong side of the bubble quite easily ...

But if they are the playoffs they ***COULD*** be a team nobody wants to play

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I think Vegas is second only to Habs on the injury front this year.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic