Drouin - Dvorak - Anderson

Armia - Suzuki - Caufield

Toffoli - Evans - Gallagher

Perreault - Paquette - Lehkonen

Romanov - Petry

Chiarot - Savard

Kulak - Wideman

Allen / (Montembault)

I'll check line-ups closer to game time, order of lines are my best guess based on how well KK has played recently and having his line start games

Starting line-pair in bold

Edited by alfredoh2009
  • Upvote 1

No lineup changes for the Habs (aside from Allen starting) which is disappointing.  Niku has been activated off IR and with how bad Paquette has been so far, one of Brooks or Belzile should have been in at the very least.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

No lineup changes for the Habs (aside from Allen starting) which is disappointing.  Niku has been activated off IR and with how bad Paquette has been so far, one of Brooks or Belzile should have been in at the very least.

I truly thought they were saving Brooks for tonight’s opening night at the Bell Centre for his debut.. 

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Well they looked soooo good in the last two games that they probably didn’t want to mess with the lineup🙄

So will either team show up tonight?  The rangers looked pathetic in their first game as well.

17 minutes ago, DON said:

Romanov with Petry

Interesting

IMO has the potential to be better than Petry-Kulak ... but still not a legit #1 pairing ... 

I'll be curious to see what, if anything, of this pre-game "spectac" carries forward after opening night.

I understand Weber not being there, and Price too ... but I was surprised Edmundson didn't do a walk out.

20 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I understand Weber not being there, and Price too ... but I was surprised Edmundson didn't do a walk out.

I fully agree with Price not being there, but when they showed Weber I figured he would be there.  Edmundson probably should have been there, but I'm wondering if he has a limp or something and they dont want other teams figuring out what's wrong with him.  

Hmm, 1 of the Habs biggest problems I've noticed so far this year is for some crazy reason they seem to keep exploiting their own team flaws.  i.e. they have a serious need for a puck moving defenseman.  Why would the Forwards keep passing the puck back to their non puck moving defensemen?  It should be obvious that doing that isn't a smart idea or safe move.  I've noticed them do that a ton.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Hmm, 1 of the Habs biggest problems I've noticed so far this year is for some crazy reason they seem to keep exploiting their own team flaws.  i.e. they have a serious need for a puck moving defenseman.  Why would the Forwards keep passing the puck back to their non puck moving defensemen?  It should be obvious that doing that isn't a smart idea or safe move.  I've noticed them do that a ton.

This game? I missed that

Romanov with a nice hip check at one end and Caufield gets almost a break away, draws a penalty

Edited by alfredoh2009

0-2 on PP

puck moved quickly but not many scoring chances 

who are the trigger men? Without Weber’s blast I am not sure who the finishers are on the PP

17 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

...  Edmundson probably should have been there, but I'm wondering if he has a limp or something and they dont want other teams figuring out what's wrong with him.  

TVA just clarified that Edmundson wasn't there because of family reasons.

37 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Per TVA , he was not there for family reasons 

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

This game? I missed that

Yes.  They've done it a couple of times this game, and especially in the other 2 games.  Most of the times there was really no reason to do it either.  ex:  a player on the other team is skating towards a F with the puck, but they arent in danger of being checked yet, but they pre-emptively pass the puck back to a Dman.  The majority of times I've seen that, the F's were in a position where they could have made a better pass up ice to another forward than the dman they passed the puck back too.