Game #3 NY Rangers vs MTL Canadiens Oct.16 2021, 7:00pm

alfredoh2009

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Yes.  They've done it a couple of times this game, and especially in the other 2 games.  Most of the times there was really no reason to do it either.  ex:  a player on the other team is skating towards a F with the puck, but they arent in danger of being checked yet, but they pre-emptively pass the puck back to a Dman.  The majority of times I've seen that, the F's were in a position where they could have made a better pass up ice to another forward than the dman they passed the puck back too.  

I thought it was more a case of the F passing back for a one touch pass forward to a shooter

but the third link on that play is not where he should be thus abortion g the set play

9 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I thought it was more a case of the F passing back for a one touch pass forward to a shooter

but the third link on that play is not where he should be thus abortion g the set play

Well, I agree that you're not wrong on that.  So far this season the Habs d-men seem to be able to easily get the puck out of their own zone.  It's what their F's are doing with the puck in their own neutral zone that seems to more of an issue.  Ironically, it almost looks like they have a greater need for some good puck moving Forwards.

Like you suggest, it could also be the other F's aren't open enough, but often times it looks like thats not the issue.  It seems like its more the F's with the puck are often making poor decisions with it.  

Well your not winning many games when your PP scores 0% of the time and your PK stops the other team from scoring 50% of the time. At this rate we are doomed

6 for 12 on the PK

0 for 10 on the PP

Atrocious 

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... I thought Caufield was the next coming of Brett Hull :flaming:

He may be ... and may even be later this season ... but IMO it is important to always have reasonable expectations for rookies ... relatively few players are as good in their first season as they later become.

Well, the Habs have at least had at least 5+ close calls goal wise where the F was in the correct  spot but the the puck barely missed their stick so no shot happened.  That didnt happen many times in the 1st 2 games.  That is a good sign at least.    

after two periods, another moral victory that they are not getting outplayed

but all that talk about the 7th player in the stands and how the fans would motivate them has not translated in anything beyond penalties.

===

:habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

GO HABS GO

:habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

Drouin is the Habs’ best FW tonight by a ton. CC, Slick Nick, and Dvorak are not impressing at all. If they don’t pick it up soon, we are in big trouble.

Savard looks good. That may prove to be quite a canny pick-up.