Game #3 NY Rangers vs MTL Canadiens Oct.16 2021, 7:00pm

alfredoh2009

I thought Savard was supposed to be a defensive dman???  
that rangers goal is what we can’t do. I’d trade any player on our team for Fox, or a dman like him.

waste of a great save by Allen and a big goal by Drouin.

17 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

... I’d trade any player on our team for Fox, or a dman like him ...

Try at least a couple of the better players on the Habs ... not even certain Suzuki, Caufield and Romanov would get the Rangers to consider moving Fox.

Well, last season they came out like a cannonball on fire.  Let's hope it's going to be the opposite this year. 

If this is the kind of hockey that will be played all season, this is just bad.  Team shooting % is around 3% right now. 

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Try at least a couple of the better players on the Habs ... not even certain Suzuki, Caufield and Romanov would get the Rangers to consider moving Fox.

Oh I I know they wouldn’t. I’m just frustrated not having that type of talent. Different year or decade, same shit. A few elite seasons by Price, Subban, Theadore, as far as being best in their position. Another couple of good seasons by Kovolev, Koivu, Pactioretty, and a Markov, but aside from that not a lot of top end talent. 

You look at the rangers - Fox, Panarin, Zbinajed this year, with Lafrenierre and Kakko close to being elite. We’ve got Suzuki and Caufield, but nothing close to the Rangers.

13 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Easy night for the Rangers.  This bunch showed zero intensity.  Ducharme should call a 6am practice for tomorrow morning.

The good old days ... doubt the CBA allows such a thing anymore ... is it too early for "the visit from the GM" to give the boys a talking-to?

15 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

... If this is the kind of hockey that will be played all season, this is just bad ... 

If they make the playoffs hope springs eternal ... if they don't, hope they finish 11th overall or lower so they at least have a shot at  Shane Wright.

39 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

If they make the playoffs hope springs eternal ... if they don't, hope they finish 11th overall or lower so they at least have a shot at  Shane Wright.

And if they finish a couple of spots lower, Phoenix probably gets the pick🤭

44 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I think you mean in the bottom 10 otherwise Arizona gets the better pick.  But I hear you, if they are going to miss the playoffs then get a good pick.  Shane Wright would be awfully sweet, nice to dream. 

positive reports on Evans play tonight:

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think you mean in the bottom 10 otherwise Arizona gets the better pick.  But I hear you, if they are going to miss the playoffs then get a good pick.  Shane Wright would be awfully sweet, nice to dream. 

Lol when have the habs tried for a better pick...... 13-18 will be our pick once again. Just show's how much Price has been carrying this team all these years. 

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Trade to ARZ was for :

" The better of Montreal/Carolina's 2022 1st round pick BUT if either or both are top 10 picks then Montreal will instead transfer to Arizona the worse of Montreal/Carolina's 2022 1st round pick."

I hope they finish bottom 10 to keep the better of next's year 1st round pick, or that they play two rounds in the playoffs so that either pick is late but that the season was a great learning season for Montreal's young core (Caufield, Romanov, Suzuki, Evans).

9 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Trade to ARZ was for :

" The better of Montreal/Carolina's 2022 1st round pick BUT if either or both are top 10 picks then Montreal will instead transfer to Arizona the worse of Montreal/Carolina's 2022 1st round pick."

I hope they finish bottom 10 to keep the better of next's year 1st round pick, or that they play two rounds in the playoffs so that either pick is late but that the season was a great learning season for Montreal's young core (Caufield, Romanov, Suzuki, Evans).

Well, that’s something  I think you can be  optimistic about - I think we are close to a bottom 10 team. My guess is they finish between 20 and 25, so I think it will be close to being lottery, or losing the pick.  I don’t see Carolina being a bottom 10 team.

9 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Well, that’s something  I think you can be  optimistic about - I think we are close to a bottom 10 team. My guess is they finish between 20 and 25, so I think it will be close to being lottery, or losing the pick.  I don’t see Carolina being a bottom 10 team.

The league is so well balanced because of the cap that it wouldn't take much to drop to the bottom 10 and given the uncertainty in goal it could easily happen for the Habs.  I agree about Carolina, no way they are bottom 10. 

Tough moment to be optimistic for sure, unless we’re charter members of Team Tank.

3 goals in 3 games and an offence that simply does not look reliably dangerous. Someone might say, “well, they moved the puck well on the PP.” Whooeee. The point is to score. Someone might say, “well, Evans had chances, Caufield is getting shots.” I refer them back to my previous “whooee” remark.

Bad teams get scoring chances too. They just don’t get enough of them, or bury enough of them.

5 GA against BUF and a back-breaking goal surrendered immediately after the inspirational tying goal last night: the kind of goal bad teams give up, teams that find ways to lose.

Right now it appears that this team can neither score nor clamp things down defensively.

We can point to injuries: Price, Edmundson, Hoffman. Price is a big loss for sure, but those other two guys are the sorts of injuries a team is going to have over the course of a season. If we can’t win with two regulars out of the lineup, we’re just a bad team.

10 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

positive reports on Evans play tonight:

The glass half-empty view would be he had two golden opportunities and couldn't convert ... this is an important year for Jake as he has a golden opportunity (semi-pun intended) to show he merits the 3C position ... not by default but because his play (offence and defence) makes him a quality 3C ... we've seen the defence already and I think we've seen glimpses of the offensive skill, but glimpses are not enough ... as long as he is in the 3C slot this season he will have the chance with quality wingers ... it is possible he might have benefited from a full season as the 4C to entrench himself as a NHLer ... but that wasn't in the cards.