2021-22 Trois-Rivières Lions Discussion Thread

tomh009

Game on TVA ... 7:00 pm ... versus the Newfoundland Growlers ... Laffs ECHL affiliation ... won't watch it live, but will record it

Uniforms aren't bad, but love the logo (I'm a former Newf owner) 

image.png   image.png

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Game on TVA ... 7:00 pm ... versus the Newfoundland Growlers ... Laffs ECHL affiliation ... won't watch it live, but will record it

Uniforms aren't bad, but love the logo (I'm a former Newf owner) 

image.png   image.png

If there were a Bruins affiliate unsteady of the other hated team, a bear would make that a pretty killer jersey.

I have tried to watch the Linos game which I recorded, and it is as exciting as watching a Habs reds vs whites scrimmage game

Lost 1-3 to the Growlers, but their goal was this beauty:

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me the boo birds pin this on the so called incompetence of the Habs scouting team 

Meh he was a sixth round pick.  They took a swing on someone with some offensive talent and big flaws in his game hoping he would develop.  He didn't develop.  Nothing lost here. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Meh he was a sixth round pick.  They took a swing on someone with some offensive talent and big flaws in his game hoping he would develop.  He didn't develop.  Nothing lost here. 

I agree with you, but with the current (deserverd) criticism of the Habs, I would not be surprised if it becomes part of the argument...

On the other hand, is it OK that Hillis is playing regular shifts in Trois-Rivieres but not being noticeable?

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

On the other hand, is it OK that Hillis is playing regular shifts in Trois-Rivieres but not being noticeable?

It's hardly ideal for someone in the second season of their ELC.  Last year was a write-off so I'm okay with him being down there but just logging minutes without doing much of anything isn't encouraging.  At that level, he should be an all-situations player and he isn't yet but it is still early.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Trois-Rivieres clinched a playoff spot last night.  Of course, there's only one Montreal prospect on the team right now (Brook) so this isn't big news from a Canadiens perspective.

The success of the franchise is a long-term investment for the Habs ... is there anybody from Laval likely to make their way down to "40" for the playoffs ... any draftees who won't get NHL offers from the Habs likely to get PTOs to try to earn two-way AHL/ECHL deals for next season?

In terms of who could go down, Hillis maybe when he's healthy but at the same time, I don't know if he's on their 'Clear Day'-type roster.  Fortin has been back and forth a bit as well.  I suppose Condotta would be eligible as a PTO player.  It might actually be junior players that could wind up there if they were to have a deep playoff run.

As for picks that could be showcasing themselves for contracts, Olofsson, Gorniak, and Stapley are the only ones whose rights expire in the coming months.  Olofsson isn't coming over for an ECHL tryout, Gorniak has been done for close to a month without an offer so he's not getting one, and it doesn't look like Stapley is getting a look either as they'd have signed him by now if he was.