The canes New habs roasting site

hab29RETIRED

The link seems to be dead.

I think the teasing of the Habs around KK has been a nice marketing ploy by Carolina. But dedicating an entire website to the sole purpose of humiliating another organization seems a whole other level from a sports franchise. I doubt Bettman would allow that.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The link seems to be dead.

I think the teasing of the Habs around KK has been a nice marketing ploy by Carolina. But dedicating an entire website to the sole purpose of humiliating another organization seems a whole other level from a sports franchise. I doubt Bettman would allow that.

It's dead now but it was running after the game.  I suspect someone from the league stepped in on that one.

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It's dead now but it was running after the game.  I suspect someone from the league stepped in on that one.

It really feels a bit like piling on. I mean, the Have have sucked ass for 5 of the last 6 years and are sucking ass with renewed vigour this year. I guess we are widely perceived as a fatcat, privileged franchise, but having a successful organization continually kicking PR sand in the face of a floundering one isn't a great look.

It's stupid social media trolling, but when I'm trying to teach my kid about sportsmanship and he sees this kind of stuff from a professional organization, ugh.

What's next, when they win a playoff series are they going to skate by and make an L on their forehead at the opposing team?

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Canes are a Mickey Mouse organization.  Who cares. 

Nor certain about the whole organization ... but the owner pays the bills and he certainly is an @##

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Nor certain about the whole organization ... but the owner pays the bills and he certainly is an @##

The owner hires and fires everyone in the organization.  He is ultimately responsible. 

The perception of the organization as Mickey Mouse is one that he has created.  He's owned them long enough that his fingerprints are on everything, not Karmanos.

41 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The owner hires and fires everyone in the organization.  He is ultimately responsible. 

The perception of the organization as Mickey Mouse is one that he has created.  He's owned them long enough that his fingerprints are on everything, not Karmanos.

and likely not Waddell either.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Let Carolina have it's fun for now.  If they want to take joy in the Habs misfortune then they can fill their boots.  We will have our day, might just have to be a little patient.  What goes around comes around.  I prefer the Habs to stay classy. 

42 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Let Carolina have it's fun for now.  If they want to take joy in the Habs misfortune then they can fill their boots.  We will have our day, might just have to be a little patient.  What goes around comes around.  I prefer the Habs to stay classy. 

I suspect most the BlowHards "hockey people" feel the same way

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yeah, our day will come…probably in another 28 years or so.

Have a look with waybackmachine site:

https://web.archive.org/web/20211022041820/https://didthehabslose.godaddysites.com/

From yesterday, there you go.

( yes says it all and the class or lack thereof the Canes )

I can't seem to remember, did they even make the playoffs last year? 6mil for a 3rd line center. What a joke team.

Hmm he is on track for 30pnts though... as a top line winger. 200k per point. lol

2 hours ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

I can't seem to remember, did they even make the playoffs last year? 6mil for a 3rd line center. What a joke team.

Hmm he is on track for 30pnts though... as a top line winger. 200k per point. lol

Even strength, KK is 9th in TOI amongst BlowHards forwards thus far ... he is 10th in TOI in the PP TOI (1:24 versus the 3:26 to 3:45 on the first unit), so the last member of the second unit ... KK is not being used as a "top line" player by Carolina ... and, he is barely getting a sniff in the face-off circle (8th in number of faceoffs ... 3 in 5 games ... Adam Brooks has more than three times as many [10] in his one game played).

His pre-arranged contract extension, that strictly speaking breaks the rules (enticing him to sign the 1-yr offer sheet by agreeing to the terms for the post 21-22 extension while he was still Habs property) but it can never be proven, will make far salary cap more sense.

But I can't say his lack of success thus far in any way displeases me.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

His pre-arranged contract extension, that strictly speaking breaks the rules (enticing him to sign the 1-yr offer sheet by agreeing to the terms for the post 21-22 extension while he was still Habs property) but it can never be proven, will make far salary cap more sense.

I absolutely agree that discussing and working out an extension should break the rules, but @dlbalr has said that it doesn't.  I'm not suggesting he is wrong, but technically I would certainly think that should be viewed as circumventing the rules, which should be considered the same as breaking them.

I believe there might be another way the Cannes potentially broke the rules too.  i.e. GM's can't contact RFA's until the Free Agency period starts.  However, what would happen if a player was talking to an RFA on another team and told them that their GM was interested in them?  A player isn't a GM, so is that really allowed?  Again, that would completely circumvent the rules.  I have a feeling that is exactly what happened.

There was an article that kk had played his last game with the Habs, and before the offer sheet was given.  It seems like kk knew not to sign with the Habs and that an offer sheet was coming.  If he was that disgruntled with the Habs that he wanted out, then why didnt he ask for trade? 

After kk signed the offer sheet I saw 1 interview with him in Finland where he was about to say something.  However, his Dad was there off camera and cleared his throat to preemptively stop kk from saying whatever it was that he about to say.  It looked so incredibly suspicious.  I would have loved to have heard whatever it was that kk was about the let slip out. 

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I absolutely agree that discussing and working out an extension should break the rules, but @dlbalr has said that it doesn't.  I'm not suggesting he is wrong, but technically I would certainly think that should be viewed as circumventing the rules, which should be considered the same as breaking them.

I believe there might be another way the Cannes potentially broke the rules too.  i.e. GM's can't contact RFA's until the Free Agency period starts.  However, what would happen if a player was talking to an RFA on another team and told them that their GM was interested in them?  A player isn't a GM, so is that really allowed?  Again, that would completely circumvent the rules.  I have a feeling that is exactly what happened.

There was an article that kk had played his last game with the Habs, and before the offer sheet was given.  It seems like kk knew not to sign with the Habs and that an offer sheet was coming.  If he was that disgruntled with the Habs that he wanted out, then why didnt he ask for trade? 

After kk signed the offer sheet I saw 1 interview with him in Finland where he was about to say something.  However, his Dad was there off camera and cleared his throat to preemptively stop kk from saying whatever it was that he about to say.  It looked so incredibly suspicious.  I would have loved to have heard whatever it was that kk was about the let slip out. 

Discussing the option of a longer contract as part of the pre-offer sheet negotiations is not against the rules ... my contention is that they almost assuredly actually agreed to two separate contracts  ... one reflected in the offer sheet and other to be executed as soon as allowed after the offer sheet was signed (i.e., January 2022) ...  I cannot see how THAT would not break, or at least circumvent, the CBA ... but it is immaterial as even if I am correct nothing can be proven unless one of the parties admits it ... my HOPE is that KK's play is so poor that it convinces the BlowHards to renege on the verbal deal and his long-term plans are scuttled.

4 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I think that article was written more from the view that the habs had fractured the relationship by sitting him in the finals.  He obviously wasn’t happy, but the habs were also open to moving him.

it was a perfect storm situation with the relationship, the Canes interest (high number of Finns), and the bad blood between the teams.

20 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

it was a perfect storm situation with the relationship, the Canes interest (high number of Finns), and the bad blood between the teams.

Actually the Habs had more Finns on the roster last year (three)  than the Hurricanes did (two). This year they each have three.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Actually the Habs had more Finns on the roster last year (three)  than the Hurricanes did (two). This year they each have three.

Hmm, thats weird.  I thought the Cannes had at least 3 Fins if not 4 before they poached kk.  

I still feel that 1 of the Cannes Fins likely contacted kk when he returned to Finland and let him know that Waddell was interested in him.  Thats likely why kk was holding out until free agency started and didn't sign with the Habs because he was aware that an offre sheet was coming and from who.  i.e. the Cannes franchise didn't talk to kk, but 1 of their players probably did on behalf of their franchise.  If that happened they should get in trouble for breaking the rules.  

4 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Fair enough. But they have the Finns I’d rather have and are much more desirable to play with.

11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

3 each last year

(Aho, Teravainen, Hakanpaa) 

Though Hakanpaa only player 15/56 games.

Canes have 4 this year

(Aho, Teravainen, Kotkaniemi, Rantaa)