The canes New habs roasting site

hab29RETIRED

33 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Because, IMO, the extension was verbally agreed to as a condition to the BlowHards submitting the one year offer sheet

Verbal agreements are not worth the paper they are written on, oh, wait ...

59 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Verbal agreements are not worth the paper they are written on, oh, wait ...

True ... unless KK's agent somehow has proof of the agreement (e.g. recording, e-mail) ... also, the repercussions of reneging (if I am correct) would be word getting around that Waddell (more likely Dundon) can't be trusted to keep their word ... making it more difficult (but in no way impossible) to deal with players/agents.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

True ... unless KK's agent somehow has proof of the agreement (e.g. recording, e-mail) ... also, the repercussions of reneging (if I am correct) would be word getting around that Waddell (more likely Dundon) can't be trusted to keep their word ... making it more difficult (but in no way impossible) to deal with players/agents.

Repercussions of Kotkaniemi reneging, though, would likely not spread beyond the Hurricanes, as Waddell can't exactly complain that Kotkaniemi is not honouring an agreement that they were not allowed to make at the time.

It'll be interesting to see what happens there. I don't really care any more at this point, though, I am merely curious.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Because, IMO, the extension was verbally agreed to as a condition to the BlowHards submitting the one year offer sheet

I agree with that.  

27 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I agree that sentiment, but I think you might have it backwards.  i.e. kk will probably be the untrustworthy one when he wants way more than what was discussed and agreed upon.  ex:  if the agreement was for $4 mil/yr, watch kk get slightly over 40 pts and want Suzuki or Tkachuk like money.  The Cannes gave up a 1st and 2nd rnd pick and over paid kk for 1 year and then are forced by kk's self-overvaluation and let him walk after this season.

44 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

...I agree that sentiment, but I think you might have it backwards.  i.e. kk will probably be the untrustworthy one when he wants way more than what was discussed and agreed upon.  ex:  if the agreement was for $4 mil/yr, watch kk get slightly over 40 pts and want Suzuki or Tkachuk like money.  The Cannes gave up a 1st and 2nd rnd pick and over paid kk for 1 year and then are forced by kk's self-overvaluation and let him walk after this season.

image.png

That’s the best case scenario:

-KK never becomes more than Lars Eller 2.0

-the Canes are stuck offering him $6 mil or losing him, after giving us picks to get him.

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving bunch of twats.