Oct. 23, Red Wings vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Hmm, that was an interesting point the commentator said at the start of the last period.  Before this game, the Habs had only had the lead this year for under 2 mins.  They didn't mention this effect of that though:  when playing from behind, it forces you to take chances, and that often leads to mistakes and even more goals against.  They're certainly playing a lot better with the lead.  

The Habs really need to stop doing the dump and chase in favour driving the play forward and passing back n forth.  They are way too fast and talented to play the dump and chase style.  This game is totally different and a huge part of that is they're passing back n forth and driving the play forward.  

Just now, DON said:

Niku 2a.:thumbs_up:

He's having a quiet game and I mean that in a good way.  He's known for his defensive blunders and instead, he has been relatively safe so far while still being good in the attacking end.

Just now, sbhatt said:

This is a nice change of pace.  Hopefully they keep trying to score and bust a few more slumps in the 3rd

Caufield scoring would be nice to see.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Niku 2a.:thumbs_up:

It’s amazing how the offence produces when a dman can actually start the transition with a crisp pass. -who would have thought the D can drive the offence🤭

23 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He's having a quiet game and I mean that in a good way.  He's known for his defensive blunders and instead, he has been relatively safe so far while still being good in the attacking end.

He’s also made some good passes getting the puck out of our end.

Was Blasshill trying to help Perreault get the Hat trick!?! That was a pretty pointless and dumb move.

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Was Blasshill trying to help Perreault get the Hat trick!?! That was a pretty pointless and dumb move.

Truly. strange decision

Guess all it took to beat the Wings was swapping out half the skaters and both goaltenders ...
😉  😁  😈

As compared to 2019/20

Have to feel good for Perreault ... GREAT night for him ... 

Niku played well and even had a good scoring chance.  

Well, I feel silly.  Before the game started I was almost worried that Zadina would get a hattrick.  It had been that kind of year so far. 

Great to see the Habs finally have something other than bad luck.  

Perreault and Niku, two more Jets cast-offs. Most of us weren't expecting much from them, but could there be some real value in those two yet?

This team still needs time to gel, but this game was a big step in the right direction.

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Perreault and Niku, two more Jets cast-offs. Most of us weren't expecting much from them, but could there be some real value in those two yet?

This team still needs time to gel, but this game was a big step in the right direction.

Agreed

I liked  Niku more than Wideman in previous games.

I loved Perreault’s game, when healthy, he is a solid 3C. I hope Caufield finds his game on that line

the team play was better, execution was much quicker  this game. But PK still needs work

PK suffered from Evans' FO losses; he will need to be working on those.

Otherwise the PK personnel are not so much different from last year, Danault is missing, but the combination of Evans, Lehkonen, Armia and Toffoli should be capable. Need to win faceoffs and then work on improving the PK overall. The personnel should be good enough to get the job done.

31 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I fully agree that Perreault could be an real high value pickup - considering the $950K he gets paid.

In the last few seasons his stats have gone down, but his career high for goals is 18 - and he's done that twice, and in those 2 season he played 69 & 62 games.  He has an interesting shooting % except for 1 year where it 6.8, and 2 yrs it was 9.9 and 9.7 - all his other years it was over 12% and his career avg is 13.2% - which is really good.  They did say that was his 3rd hattrick.   His career high for assists is 32, and he's done that twice too in 71 & 65 games.   He should be able to get 40 pts with the Habs and he might be able to hit his career high of 45 pts again, possibly surpass that by 5 and get 50 pts.      

#85 is this year’s equivalent of Perry or Kovalchuk 

à feel good story of a player pass his prime rejuvenated when joining the Habs

He may turn out to be a good 3C find 

• Like 1