Oct. 26, Habs vs Kraken, 10 PM

dlbalr

Will Weber do a Komisarek and suit up...behind the bench and just be a well dressed cheerleader?

"The expansion Kraken are currently competing in their first NHL season, but it's not the first time the Habs visit the Emerald City.

Twice, in 1917 and 1919, Montreal met the PCHA's Seattle Metropolitans in the Stanley Cup Finals."

Drouin 5pts in 6games.:clap:

1 hour ago, DON said:

Will Weber do a Komisarek and suit up...behind the bench and just be a well dressed cheerleader?

"The expansion Kraken are currently competing in their first NHL season, but it's not the first time the Habs visit the Emerald City.

Twice, in 1917 and 1919, Montreal met the PCHA's Seattle Metropolitans in the Stanley Cup Finals."

Drouin 5pts in 6games.:clap:

Last time the Habs visited, Newsy Lalonde scored six goals in five games. Let's hope that this serves as an inspiration to the Habs as they visit tonight.

IMO this is the type of game for which PVRs were invented ... I'll catch the pre-game ceremonies just to see the arena and what the Kraken do ... heard talk on TSN690 this morning of rumours that a banner will be raised ... presumably the 1917 Seattle Metropolitans Cup win ... but won't risk getting engaged in the game and ruining a good night's sleep.

48 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Given the current state of the California teams, that track record isn't really much more relevant than the fact that the Habs have never beaten Seattle in a Stanley Cup final series.

Given that half our roster has changed since the last time we played in California... and half of their rosters likely also changed.... I don't see how its relevant.  

its been since 2019 that we went there. 

50 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Given the current state of the California teams, that track record isn't really much more relevant than the fact that the Habs have never beaten Seattle in a Stanley Cup final series.

When was the last time the Habs did well on any road trip through California?

If they even ever have in the last 20 years, no matter how good or bad the California teams were?

I wouldnt be laying any big bets on winning Thurs Sat or Sunday games. I would peg 2 pts to be expected from the three games.

Its early in the game, but the Habs seem to be getting their ducks in a row in the neutral zone anyway.  They're looking good at containing and shutting down the Kraken. 

D'oh Gally - great chance, but I was hoping that it was Caufield.  

Right on Hoffman, 1-1

Did he draw a penalty on that goal?

D'oh, the kraken didnt challenge it, they were reviewing the high stick on Hoffman.  At 1st I  thought they should get another penalty.  

30 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Its early in the game, but the Habs seem to be getting their ducks in a row in the neutral zone anyway.  They're looking good at containing and shutting down the Kraken.

They're down one but this is not the chaotic third period of the Detroit game. I'm going to sleep now but hoping for some good news in the morning!

Gally misses…

Is it just me, or have his slumps been getting more frequent, or else more protracted, over the last couple of years? When he took that shot I had ZERO confidence it would go in.

Ya, no doubt.  Gally is starting to remind me of Danault.  i.e. in previous years whenever I saw a Habs with the puck and it was a decent scoring chance every time I saw it was Danault I would lose all excitement.  With the way Chiarot has been shooting this year he would have been better shooting the puck instead of passing to Gally.  

6 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Ya, no doubt.  Gally is starting to remind me of Danault.  i.e. in previous years whenever I saw a Habs with the puck and it was a decent scoring chance every time I saw it was Danault I would lose all excitement.  With the way Chiarot has been shooting this year he would have been better shooting the puck instead of passing to Gally.  

Danault brought so much else to the team that I forgave him his offensive mediocrity. I said last year that we should have paid Danault instead of Gally.  As it is, we'll be paying him for past performance for the next 5 years.