Oct. 26, Habs vs Kraken, 10 PM

dlbalr

Appalling.

Gally has 2 goals in his last 30 games, including the playoffs. That is indeed eerily Danault-like.

What is this, the fourth blowout in seven games? Not good.

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Hopefully this is just a 2nd period summary, but by the way this year has gone so far it'll probably be the game summary:

Habs vs kraken - 2nd period summary.png

Yeah. This sinking ship doesn’t need to try and tank.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Appalling.

Gally has 2 goals in his last 30 games, including the playoffs. That is indeed eerily Danault-like.

What is this, the fourth blowout in seven games? Not good.

It’s why I’ve been saying we need to move him. His value has been sinking, and that contract looks worse snd worse. Right now someone may still want him for his rep, pretty soon we are going to have to add sweeteners for someone to take him. I don’t think he’s done. But he is a guy who needs a new start - much like I think Price does. I think he was really hoping to be picked by Seattle.

Glad I skipped this game.

was Kulak still playing on his off-side? And how much was his poor performance attributed to playing with Niku? ( he played better with Petry)

How did Perreault look?

Was Caufield better? 

Was Suzuki a factor in the game?

I stayed up until it was 5 1, that was enough. They looked to be as jet legged on the ice as I was in my chair. The eastern teams have had to deal with the late night games every year in west coast swings while western teams basically get an afternoon game on our side. How hard would it be for the NHL to work the schedule so east teams western trips all start with a Saturday or Sunday afternoon game? Would even the playing field

43 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

I stayed up until it was 5 1, that was enough. They looked to be as jet legged on the ice as I was in my chair. The eastern teams have had to deal with the late night games every year in west coast swings while western teams basically get an afternoon game on our side. How hard would it be for the NHL to work the schedule so east teams western trips all start with a Saturday or Sunday afternoon game? Would even the playing field

They got both Sat and Sun afternoon games. Dont buy the jet leg bit, is all of 3 hours time change and they were out there early to party team-bond.

Simply miss Price, Edmunston, Weber, Danault and replacements arnt cutting it, on what was a fairly weak team to begin with. 

Oh well, hope they play better in SanJose tomorrow, not expecting it but they should have at least 1 good game on the trip...i hope.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

It’s why I’ve been saying we need to move him. His value has been sinking, and that contract looks worse snd worse. Right now someone may still want him for his rep, pretty soon we are going to have to add sweeteners for someone to take him. I don’t think he’s done. But he is a guy who needs a new start - much like I think Price does. I think he was really hoping to be picked by Seattle.

If the team continues to stink out the joint - and it is increasingly hard to believe that this group is anything more than a bottom-feeding suction eel - then Gally is definitely a guy I’d be looking to trade at the deadline. Assuming he is healthy and still plausibly productive, he would be highly sought-after by a contender; and I agree with you, that contract is looking worse and worse. Many of us always doubted Gally’s long-term durability into his 30s, and unfortunately it’s looking like those doubts were well-founded.

As for Price, it’s all speculation, but I too have wondered whether he was disappointed by Seattle’s declining his services. I can well imagine that the pandemic, the Cup defeat, a probable recognition that a long stretch of mediocrity lay ahead for the Habs, and the humiliation/disappointment of being rejected by a low-pressure market close to home, all contributed to intensifying whatever mental health challenges he’s facing.

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If the team continues to stink out the joint - and it is increasingly hard to believe that this group is anything more than a bottom-feeding suction eel - then Gally is definitely a guy I’d be looking to trade at the deadline. Assuming he is healthy and still plausibly productive, he would be highly sought-after by a contender; and I agree with you, that contract is looking worse and worse. Many of us always doubted Gally’s long-term durability into his 30s, and unfortunately it’s looking like those doubts were well-founded.

As for Price, it’s all speculation, but I too have wondered whether he was disappointed by Seattle’s declining his services. I can well imagine that the pandemic, the Cup defeat, a probable recognition that a long stretch of mediocrity lay ahead for the Habs, and the humiliation/disappointment of being rejected by a low-pressure market close to home, all contributed to intensifying whatever mental health challenges he’s facing.

I think Gally's contract will be difficult to move. Hard to say what is going on with Price, certainly there would have been less pressure for him playing in Seattle, might have been a nice way for him to finish his career.  Can be hard on a family to play in a fish bowl.  As bad as the Habs may be this year there is no way they will finish below Arizona.  This looks like one of those years where Habs fans will just have to endure. Anything but the 11th worst record!!  

Suzuki - 2 points in 7 games

Toffoli - 2 points in 7 games

Gallagher - 1 point in 7 games

Anderson - 1 point in 7 games

Caufield - 1 point in 7 games

Petry - 0 points in 7 games (!)

Dvorak has 3 points in 7, which is positively stellar production on this bunch.

Completely ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Drouin is doing great. Dollars to doughnuts his production will evaporate when one or more of the above starts to produce. It’s gonna be that kind of season.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Glad I skipped this game.

was Kulak still playing on his off-side? And how much was his poor performance attributed to playing with Niku? ( he played better with Petry)

How did Perreault look?

Was Caufield better? 

Was Suzuki a factor in the game?

Kulak stunk it up on his own, although Niku struggled as well. The only dman who looked decent was Chiarot. 
Perreault was invisible, was centering 17/92 in third period.

Caufield made a couple sound dzone plays to ensure there was a clear, had a couple decent scoring ops but was also invisible for stretches.  

Suzuki showed a couple offensive flashes but was not strong overall, there were very few moments to praise by anyone.

Same old Problems of poor passing overall, ineffective forechecks, at least three goals were the direct result of a turnover. Where we had clear possession, made a relatively unforced error/bad pass (often behind target) and then the puck was in our net thirty seconds later.

Allen wasn’t good, but wasn’t bad. Needed him to bail team out on two goals that would have been huge, game breaking saves but…. Can’t really blame him on not given the breakdowns in front of him.

2 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Kulak stunk it up on his own, although Niku struggled as well. The only dman who looked decent was Chiarot. 
Perreault was invisible, was centering 17/92 in third period.

Caufield made a couple sound dzone plays to ensure there was a clear, had a couple decent scoring ops but was also invisible for stretches.  

Suzuki showed a couple offensive flashes but was not strong overall, there were very few moments to praise by anyone.

Same old Problems of poor passing overall, ineffective forechecks, at least three goals were the direct result of a turnover. Where we had clear possession, made a relatively unforced error/bad pass (often behind target) and then the puck was in our net thirty seconds later.

Allen wasn’t good, but wasn’t bad. Needed him to bail team out on two goals that would have been huge, game breaking saves but…. Can’t really blame him on not given the breakdowns in front of him.

thanks! much appreciated

seems like I'll be wearing the KK avatar for another week, until they win again

17 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Suzuki - 2 points in 7 games

Toffoli - 2 points in 7 games

Gallagher - 1 point in 7 games

Anderson - 1 point in 7 games

Caufield - 1 point in 7 games

Petry - 0 points in 7 games (!)

Dvorak has 3 points in 7, which is positively stellar production on this bunch.

Completely ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Drouin is doing great. Dollars to doughnuts his production will evaporate when one or more of the above starts to produce. It’s gonna be that kind of season.

Too add, we have an overpaid fourth line/partial third line wingers who have yet to show a reason that they justify that.

Lehks and Armia were supposed to be an asset to exploit other teams supposedly weaker fourth lines/shut down opposing top six. Haven’t seen much of that.

Drouin had his worst game vs Seattle , some bad turnovers/passes, was largely invisible.

his pass to Niku , that Niku has to take in skates was the cause for that turnover which lead directly to goal is one example.  He needs to make that basic pass to find a trailing dman in stride.

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

thanks! much appreciated

seems like I'll be wearing the KK avatar for another week, until they win again

NP, wish it was bette to report. 
Caufield’s plays at least reminded me of some positives, especially liked his complete on boards in dzone against much bigger players.

Chiarot looked good actually, thought he played well vs wings too.

Petry not so much.

I recorded game, ignored all news, stats and watched game early this a.m skipping over all non play action. Best way to watch.

41 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think Gally's contract will be difficult to move. Hard to say what is going on with Price, certainly there would have been less pressure for him playing in Seattle, might have been a nice way for him to finish his career.  Can be hard on a family to play in a fish bowl.  As bad as the Habs may be this year there is no way they will finish below Arizona.  This looks like one of those years where Habs fans will just have to endure. Anything but the 11th worst record!!  

Regarding Gally, couldn’t help but notice he is back to being hunched over at every whistle, seemed to be struggling to get off the ice for most changes, didn’t have the gas to use speed at all going wide, rarely see his famous wrister from this strong wing that got him over 200 shots per season, cause he hasn’t got the half step on the d for some reason. Usually b/c of bad passing so no speed to begin with but also wonder if he is dealing with injuries, age, nagging issue…?  Worrisome indeed.

11 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Hopefully this is just a 2nd period summary, but by the way this year has gone so far it'll probably be the game summary:

Habs vs kraken - 2nd period summary.png

The way things are going this looks like it might be a SEASON summary😢

18 hours ago, GHT120 said:

IMO this is the type of game for which PVRs were invented ... I'll catch the pre-game ceremonies just to see the arena and what the Kraken do ... heard talk on TSN690 this morning of rumours that a banner will be raised ... presumably the 1917 Seattle Metropolitans Cup win ... but won't risk getting engaged in the game and ruining a good night's sleep.

One of my better decisions.

1 hour ago, hockeyrealist said:

Regarding Gally, couldn’t help but notice he is back to being hunched over at every whistle, seemed to be struggling to get off the ice for most changes, didn’t have the gas to use speed at all going wide, rarely see his famous wrister from this strong wing that got him over 200 shots per season, cause he hasn’t got the half step on the d for some reason. Usually b/c of bad passing so no speed to begin with but also wonder if he is dealing with injuries, age, nagging issue…?  Worrisome indeed.

Whatever. Seems like he is perpetually injured. That sucks for him, but it also means that he can't be relied upon to produce. In other words, whether he is constantly injured or just prematurely aging (which wouldn't be a surprise given the wear and tear on that body), he's not carrying the mail that his contract and reputation dictate he carry.

11 hours ago, Pino10 said:

When is the media going to stop protecting Dom and this staff. His coaching record is 16-22. They have no clue and no system. 

28-31-7. Or did he not do any coaching in the playoffs?