Oct. 29/30, Americans vs Rocket

dlbalr

Following a strong showing on Wednesday against the Marlies, the Rocket open up a back-to-back set against Rochester.

roc19_200-150x150.png

(Lines are from last game)

Quinn - Malone - Peterka

Weissbach - MacInnis - Mersch

Biro - Jobst - Pekar

Craggs - Scarfo

Schuldt - Fitzgerald

Davidson - Prow

Teves - Laaksonen

Tischke

Dell

lav17_200-150x150.png

Dauphin - Dea - Ylonen

Harvey-Pinard - Poehling - Belzile

Pezzetta - Vejdemo - Bourque

Baddock - Beaudin - Martel

Fairbrother - Ouellet

Schueneman - Belpedio

Bisson - Neill

Primeau

Puck drop is at 7:00 on Friday and 1:00 on Saturday.  Saturday's game can be seen on RDS.

22 minutes ago, DON said:

Poehling 1g1a 4 shots.:thumbs_up:

Always good to have goals&assists ... I expect that what Poehling needs to be doing to get the Habs attention is dominating on faceoffs and in battles for puck possession, playing superb defence and overall being one of the hardest workers in every aspect of play, game in and game out.

15 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Always good to have goals&assists ... I expect that what Poehling needs to be doing to get the Habs attention is dominating on faceoffs and in battles for puck possession, playing superb defence and overall being one of the hardest workers in every aspect of play, game in and game out.

I don’t honk if he keeps producing and shows he can produce consistently over a prolonged period, you bring him up and see if he can actually be more than a checking centre. Pipe dream I know, but not much else to how for this year other than a Caufield Calder, and winning the draft lottery.

24 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t honk if he keeps producing and shows he can produce consistently over a prolonged period, you bring him up and see if he can actually be more than a checking centre. Pipe dream I know, but not much else to how for this year other than a Caufield Calder, and winning the draft lottery.

The biggest complaint about Poehling in training camp was that he wasn't doing any of the things I cited and was largely invisible for most of his time on ice ... IMO he would have to be absolutely tearing up the AHL to be recalled based on his offensive skills.

56 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

If he can produce over a consistent period, then yes, bring him up.  For me, a consistent period would be about 30 games.  Do it too early and it could backfire; him going back and forth is the last thing he needs.

39 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If he can produce over a consistent period, then yes, bring him up.  For me, a consistent period would be about 30 games.  Do it too early and it could backfire; him going back and forth is the last thing he needs.

Totally agree with that - that’s why I said for a prolonged period. With how bad thing are with the habs, he’d probably benefit being away from this shitshow.