Oct. 30, Habs @ Kings, 4:00 PM (EDT)

GHT120

In interview (below) DD says he will wait until after the game to decide who plays goal tomorrow

image.png

This is Toffoli's first game against LA since being traded by the Kings ... Vancouver didn't play the LAK after the trade or in the "tournament" ... and last season was, well,  "last season"

I generally don't like when the Habs play day games because they usually lose them.  However, their record for day games has seemed to improved in the last few years.  Hopefully, the Habs will pick up points today, and tomorrow.  Unfortunately, they dont typically do well in back to back games either.  It's unarguable that the Habs are desperate for some points.  

Go Habs Go!!  

Too bad Toffoli missed.   He lit up Van, so maybe he will do the same vs LA.

Suzuki had a great rush.

Nice play by Niku to draw a penalty.

They seem to have cohesion so far.  

Anderson!!!  1-0 Habs

Are we at the point with the power play where Petry needs to be off it entirely to hammer home the message that with scoring wingers, plans A through D shouldn't be get it to Petry for a point shot?  It's really easy to defend when that's all they seem to be allowed to do.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Are we at the point with the power play where Petry needs to be off it entirely to hammer home the message that with scoring wingers, plans A through D shouldn't be get it to Petry for a point shot?  It's really easy to defend when that's all they seem to be allowed to do.

Amen…

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They just may well be ... but one has to wonder if it is so engrained in their genes at this point that they would force feed whoever is at the point 

46 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

This is a huge game with LA a point behind them in the overall standings, a 4 point game.  Perhaps a little early to start looking at games this way. 

A four point game to move up the lottery board?

1 minute ago, brobin said:

Romanov worries me… he just hasn’t stepped up and shown he is a top D prospect… 

I don't expect him to be an offensive force but I worry that his big hits distract from his overall performance on defence ... once Edmundson is back perhaps he needs (at least) 15-20 games in Laval ... with no specific blueline expertise on the Rocket staff, maybe some special attention from Ramage and Bouillon ... 

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I made the same suggestion about Weber in the last. Just go with 5 forwards. Screw the point shot. Can’t be much worse defensively either.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I don't expect him to be an offensive force but I worry that his big hits distract from his overall performance on defence ... once Edmundson is back perhaps he needs (at least) 15-20 games in Laval ... with no specific blueline expertise on the Rocket staff, maybe some special attention from Ramage and Bouillon ... 

yeah… I would be fine if he was that top defence defenceman but he is often out of position or let’s people sneak by. Like Caufield I worry about their confidence.

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I made the same suggestion about Weber in the last. Just go with 5 forwards. Screw the point shot. Can’t be much worse defensively either.

A defensively responsible forward, such as Armia or Toffoli, in that position could work. Or even Lehkonen, since the expectation would not have anything to do with scoring.

12 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

A defensively responsible forward, such as Armia or Toffoli, in that position could work. Or even Lehkonen, since the expectation would not have anything to do with scoring.

But is the PP good enough to adopt effectively a 4+1 formation?

That was disheartening to watch.  Down one going into the 3rd and that's the best they can muster up?  No attention to detail offensively or defensively (Gallagher was practicing the ole defensive tactic as the period went on), no hustle, no intensity, no interest whatsoever.  If you claim to be a team interested in accomplishing something, that's inexcusable.  I generally don't like the idea of a trade for the sake of merely shaking things up but I think it could actually be beneficial here as clearly, this group on its own doesn't seem to be all that interested in trying right now.