Game #10 Halloween special Habs vs Ducks 4:00 est

DON

image.jpeg

Win one for the turtleneck's 39th birthday boys!  

Team stats favour the Ducks, but they have actually given up more goals.

I assume the Habs 3rd stringer will be in nets.

It’s the second night of a back-to-back, so excuses are baked-in…our only hope is that the Ducks also blow chunks. They’ve lost 6 in a row, so the Habs are just what the doctor ordered for them.

Point night for the Ducks!

reverse psychology Sunday!

Intriguing plot line:

Will Caufield shine or be outshined by Zegras? Thinking our guy rises to the occasion, pots two goals and finally opens the floodgates to his first of many 30+ goal seasons!

3 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

finally opens the floodgates to his first of many 30+ goal seasons!

Next year, i pegged him at 24goals this year.

3 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

Intriguing plot line:

Will Caufield shine or be outshined by Zegras? 

Zegras   2g3a 26shots 17:50/gm

Caufield 0g1a 22shots 14:32/gm

Hoffman’s been a bright spot

Well they've already exchanged PP goals.

Nice pass by Wideman and Hoffman with the blast.  Those 2 are doing alright offensively anyway.  Hoffman will be the Habs highest scorer this year and his offense is really the only positive of this year.

Oh no - Paquette with a 5 min major penalty.  

Well, Montembeault could have saved the 1st goal, but he had no chance on the 2nd.  The Habs better kill the rest of this penalty.  

D'oh, Lehks wth was that?  When killing a 5 min major it is a terrible time to take a dumb ass penalty.  

16 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Well, Montembeault could have saved the 1st goal, but he had no chance on the 2nd.  The Habs better kill the rest of this penalty. 

That was absolutely stoppable.  He was way too slow reacting to the pass which is why the net was so empty.  Besides, Lettieri didn't shoot it to the empty net, he nearly hit Montembeault in the process.

Not a smart hit from Paquette.  You're already playing with an injured player in the lineup in Evans, why go take a run at a guy that he should have known was going to get him tossed? 

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That was absolutely stoppable.  He was way too slow reacting to the pass which is why the net was so empty.  Besides, Lettieri didn't shoot it to the empty net, he nearly hit Montembeault in the process.

Not a smart hit from Paquette.  You're already playing with an injured player in the lineup in Evans, why go take a run at a guy that he should have known was going to get him tossed? 

Hmm, I'll have to see that goal again because I thought it went straight in.  My point was mainly that Lettieri was left wide open, and somebody should have been helping Montembeault out by covering that area.  

It wasn't a smart hit by Paquette, but there have been way worse hits that haven't been called or the player getting ejected.  

btw, do you still think Flor wants Montembeault back?  The Habs might have done them a favour by taking him off waivers.  I'm getting the impression he will end up in Laval when the Habs eventually waive him.  

20 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Hmm, I'll have to see that goal again because I thought it went straight in.  My point was mainly that Lettieri was left wide open, and somebody should have been helping Montembeault out by covering that area. 

btw, do you still think Flor wants Montembeault back?  The Habs might have done them a favour by taking him off waivers.  I'm getting the impression he will end up in Laval when the Habs eventually waive him.  

Lettieri was definitely lost in coverage.

I do think Florida will take Montembeault back.  They only have three goalies under contract which is definitely on the low side.  They didn't make a move to replace him so they're banking on getting him back.

Guess it was a trick because the game was certainly not a treat.

Well ... 5 Home games coming up ... all spaced out by at least a day (one has two) ... unless Price is coming back, I expect Allen gets all 5 ... then Montembeault gets the first road game in Detroit and Allen takes the second of the back-to-backs the next day in Boston.