Price expected back soon..

brobin

Apparently Price will be exiting the player support program this weekend. No confirmed date for his actual return. I assume he still needs conditioning time. Frankly I hope they don’t rush him but it will be nice to see him back with the team. Maybe that will spark a few players to step up a bit.

Wow, that is awesome news because the Habs need him back ASAP.    Allen is incapable of handling the workload so this season will be a complete right off if the Habs have to go another month without him.  

I can't help but wonder if Price is returning because he is suffering from more anxiety and depression having to watching this season play out without him.  

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Wow, that is awesome news because the Habs need him back ASAP.    Allen is incapable of handling the workload so this season will be a complete right off if the Habs have to go another month without him.  

I can't help but wonder if Price is returning because he is suffering from more anxiety and depression having to watching this season play out without him.  

lol… yeah watching this shit show can’t be helping… 

When MB originally said that Price would be out for 30 days it didnt really sound right for a problem like that.  It's certainly seems highly unlikely that he's 100% over it in such a short time frame.  

Studies have shown that it can take up to 66 days to create a new habit.  Whoever was helping him and whatever he was taught he'd still be learning it and hard wiring it into his brain.  

However, once taught the technique(s) they are something that Price can continue to work on by himself and in time make a full recovery.  Drouin's issue was different, he had severe insomnia that he absolutely had to stay away, and with Prices issue he could likely return before he's totally over it. 

ex: whenever Price thinks of losing the Cup or w/e he just needs to think of a happy thought, and he doesnt necessarily have to sit at home to practice doing that until it is 2nd nature and no longer an issue.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

When MB originally said that Price would be out for 30 days it didnt really sound right for a problem like that.  It's certainly seems highly unlikely that he's 100% over it in such a short time frame.  

Studies have shown that it can take up to 66 days to create a new habit.  Whoever was helping him and whatever he was taught he'd still be learning it and hard wiring it into his brain.  

However, once taught the technique(s) they are something that Price can continue to work on by himself and in time make a full recovery.  Drouin's issue was different, he had severe insomnia that he absolutely had to stay away, and with Prices issue he could likely return before he's totally over it. 

ex: whenever Price thinks of losing the Cup or w/e he just needs to think of a happy thought, and he doesnt necessarily have to sit at home to practice doing that until it is 2nd nature and no longer an issue.

Well, we don't really know what the issue is. That said, I suspect that you are pretty on-point. I have never suffered depression, but I have been through some difficult sh*t, like everyone, and found that the kind of mental disciplines you describe did make a big difference. 30 days of dedicated attention and guidance could well be enough time to equip someone with the necessary tools to move forward, even if it's not enough to re-wire the brain.

And who knows, being back with the team and back on the case may help him to move forward past whatever demons are hounding him.