Game #12 Nov. 4 2021 Isles vs Habs 7:00 pm

DON

7 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I would be more than happy if you changed your avatar back. Maybe it's just me but seeing a smiling KK is not something I enjoy. I don't like being reminded of KK, would prefer he didn't exist. Just sayin. 

How is KKs new team doing....:ph34r:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, DON said:

About as expected. They will be a top 10 team, we’ll be bottom 12.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Very well ... and I expect their 9th most used forward is the key element

40 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

KK: 3 points in 9 games.

Lars Eller 2.0 doin’ his thang

Shouldn’t knock Eller, he was always useful player for Habs and has since solidified a role and won a cup.   That is disparaging to Eller, KK can’t even kill penalties and hasn’t really done shit beside fall down the depth chart and not even getting a regular shift.

Eller is highly valued member of Caps, played 22 min vs Lightining this week, averages 16-18 min/game.

While on topic, Danault has 4 points in last five games and is seeing ice time up

near 18-20 min/game. Seems to be doing well.

Just now, hockeyrealist said:

Shouldn’t knock Eller, he was always useful player for Habs and has since solidified a role and won a cup.   That is disparaging to Eller, KK can’t even kill penalties and hasn’t really done shit beside fall down the depth chart and not even getting a regular shift.

Eller is highly valued member of Caps, played 22 min vs Lightining this week, averages 16-18 min/game.

While on topic, Danault has 4 points in last five games and is seeing ice time up

near 18-20 min/game. Seems to be doing well.

hahahaa, well, if Kk turns out to be worse than Eller, that’d be delightful news indeed.

As for Danault, I’m skeptical about him sustaining much in the way of offensive chops, but there is no question that he is an elite defensive C. It’s an interesting question whether we would have met Danault’s demands had we known that we were going to lose KK. I strongly suspect the answer is “yes.”

14 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I would be more than happy if you changed your avatar back. Maybe it's just me but seeing a smiling KK is not something I enjoy. I don't like being reminded of KK, would prefer he didn't exist. Just sayin. 

I would be more than happy, but I lost that bet and it is a reminder of what screwed up the Habs off-season moves. Instead of using the forwards depth to add to the D, they had to patch the centre position and pickup waived D's to fill the defense.

when the Habs win two in a row, I'll get rid of the KK avatar. Hopefully before Christmas

24 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... when the Habs win two in a row, I'll get rid of the KK avatar. Hopefully before Christmas

The beginning of their march to selecting 14th

34 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would be more than happy, but I lost that bet and it is a reminder of what screwed up the Habs off-season moves. Instead of using the forwards depth to add to the D, they had to patch the centre position and pickup waived D's to fill the defense.

when the Habs win two in a row, I'll get rid of the KK avatar. Hopefully before Christmas

I didn't realize there was a bet involved. I have been away for a week. It could be a while. 

9 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

The beginning of their march to selecting 14th

Heaven forbid, problem is they wouldn't select 14th, more like 28th, worst case scenario.  Have a bad year and draft 28th, that would really hurt.  I hope the Habs have some highlights this year, some good player development but also a high draft pick. 

4 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I didn't realize there was a bet involved. I have been away for a week. It could be a while. 

... more a prediction that I lost...

On 10/21/2021 at 4:13 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

I am predicting a Habs win tonight, or I'll change my avatar to KK's picture on his CAR uniform

:habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

GO HABS GO

:habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

26 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Heaven forbid, problem is they wouldn't select 14th, more like 28th, worst case scenario.  Have a bad year and draft 28th, that would really hurt.  I hope the Habs have some highlights this year, some good player development but also a high draft pick. 

Absolutely correct ... thought I was obviously referring to their own draft pick (which is a problem if they draft above 10th) ... without complicating the post with the well-known terms of the Dvorak trade.

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Carolina will not finish 82-0, that I'm sure of. There are still many opportunities for them to slump in the regular season, or to collapse in the first round.

18 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Me too.  For me, its specifically that pic of kk.  For some reason it reminds of of Jack Nicholson in the Shining.  There is just something about the smile kk has in that pic that makes him look like a psychopath.   

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Carolina will not finish 82-0, that I'm sure of. There are still many opportunities for them to slump in the regular season, or to collapse in the first round.

Not going 82-0, that's really going out on a limb.  Of course they will have a slump, just projecting that their #1 pick which of course Arizona/Montreal will use will be somewhere between 25 and 30.

8 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Not going 82-0, that's really going out on a limb.  Of course they will have a slump, just projecting that their #1 pick which of course Arizona/Montreal will use will be somewhere between 25 and 30.

Losing to Florida 4-0 after 1.