Game #12 Nov. 4 2021 Isles vs Habs 7:00 pm

DON

image.jpeg

3-8 vs 3-2-2

Sorokin 2.26, 0.931%

Allen 2.58, 0.914%

Neither team is a big offensive powerhouse, so may come down to goaltending.

EOTP

"At five-on-five, Allen’s save percentage (.931) is actually better than Sorokin’s (.928), and only bettered by 16 other goalies to play at least three games. The biggest culprit for the Canadiens’ horrific start has been the penalty kill, responsible for nearly half of their goals against."

• DON changed the title to Game #12 Nov. 4 2021 Isles vs Habs 7:00 pm
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope they win back to back so that I can shed the KK avatar and go back to Mr Potato head

a lot riding on this game for me, it would mean the Habs have turned around their nose dive 

Thursday, November 4
Morning skate
AG C AD
73 - Tyler Toffoli 14 - Nick Suzuki 11 - Brendan Gallagher
68 - Mike Hoffman 92 - Jonathan Drouin 17 - Josh Anderson
61 - Artturi Lehkonen 28 - Christian Dvorak 40 - Joel Armia
55 - Michael Pezzetta 71 - Jake Evans 60 - Alex Belzile
13 - Cedric Paquette 24 - Adam Brooks  
DG DD G
8 - Ben Chiarot 26 - Jeff Petry 34 - Jake Allen
77 - Brett Kulak 58 - David Savard 35 - Sam Montembeault
15 - Sami Niku / 27 - Alexander Romanov 20 - Chris Wideman / 59 - Mattias Norlinder  

But despite the morning skate DD has confirmed that Drouin will not play and that Brooks will dress ... but not how that impacts the lines

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Tough luck on the goal for Savard who had Nelson covered pretty well until the puck got behind him.

If only Lehkonen had any sort of scoring touch...he's generating the chances but the play dies quickly thereafter.

Savard is 💩

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Savard is 💩 💩

2-0 NYI

Thought Wideman and Romanov were on for the second goal?

15 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Savard is 💩

Isnt what I said when he was signed. Bottom pairing doth dman, that we grossly overpaid.

Savard missed the net by one mile at one end

ans turned over the puck at the other !!!!

who the heck said he was a “Weber replacement”?!

he is definitely Jordie Benn 2.0

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

🤣

Most people here laughed in the off season when I suggested Chara - who is more similar to Weber plus he's cheaper and better than Savard.  Plus, to get Savard he had to be signed for numerous years.  Chara can fight too - I'd be surprised to see 1 of the Habs large dmen fight their way out of a wet paper bag.  i.e. they'd just knock the wet paper bag over and fall onto it and would still be stuck inside it.  

Another goal with Savard leaving the front of the net and leaving Kulak to cover for him

Cant skate to catch up with the cycle, can’t pin players on the board or check the to retrieve the puck... stick check after stick check , I am sooo mad right now  

Wow, thats a sad stat:  in 7 of 12 games the Habs have allowed over 4 goals.  Luckily, they didn't add insult to injury by stating how few of goals the Habs have scored in those games.  In seems like in most of those games they probably only scored once.  

How can it be that we have one forward line at -4 when we are playing at home and have the last change? The Nelson line (+3) is murdering those guys, why is Ducharme putting them on the ice together?

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Wow, thats a sad stat:  in 7 of 12 games the Habs have allowed over 4 goals.  Luckily, they didn't add insult to injury by stating how few of goals the Habs have scored in those games.  In seems like in most of those games they probably only scored once.  

Without looking it up, I would bet that the average is one goal (two goals in one game, shut out in another).

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Without looking it up, I would bet that the average is one goal (two goals in one game, shut out in another).

Ya, for sure, I'd make that same bet too.  

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

This would be a good spot to give Allen a period off and get Montembeault a bit of work.

I don't really fault Allen for numerous of those goals.  Surprisingly, his stats this year apparently aren't actually that bad.  They compared his numbers with other goalies that have played at last 3 games and there are a bunch of them that are doing a lot worse than he is.  

32 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Savard missed the net by one mile at one end

ans turned over the puck at the other !!!!

who the heck said he was a “Weber replacement”?!

Except that Jordie Benn never made more than $2m/yr