Who would be your top choice in Montreal for our GM?

REV-G

12 hours ago, PMAC said:

I read somewhere that Madden is very introverted and doesn't like the spotlight. If that is true, I wonder if Molson could spend enough to lure him north as Timmins replacement? It would be another AGM role, but if he had any interest in being closer to home....

Unless his contract is ending, the Ducks unlikely to release him for a lateral position ... but an offer to replace Martin Lapointe as Director of Player Personnel and Amateur Scouting might be a possibility.

57 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Unless his contract is ending, the Ducks unlikely to release him for a lateral position ... but an offer to replace Martin Lapointe as Director of Player Personnel and Amateur Scouting might be a possibility.

wouldn't that be a demotion?

25 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

wouldn't that be a demotion?

Assistant GM to Director ... ??? ... guess it depends on how the NHL defines the relative positions in org charts ... suspect it may also have something to do with the actual responsibilities as the title ... could make it VP Player Development if that would help.

9 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Assistant GM to Director ... ??? ... guess it depends on how the NHL defines the relative positions in org charts ... suspect it may also have something to do with the actual responsibilities as the title ... could make it VP Player Development if that would help.

AGM is higher on a depth chart than Director of Amateur Scouting.  That's why Timmins was promoted to AGM a few years ago to stop him from getting poached in a lateral move.  I think that's part of the reason Madden got the same promotion as well.

29 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

And do Lapointe and Ramage need to be replaced? Are they less than competent?

Yes and who cares.

Lets burn this motherf+*ker...to the ground!:flaming:

1 hour ago, DON said:

Yes and who cares.

Lets burn this motherf+*ker...to the ground!:flaming:

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 

Need a match?

image.png

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

35 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 

Need a match?

image.png

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

NO, we are good.

Let's Burn It Down - YouTubeUser sub! It's our chance to burn down the Front Page! - GIF on Imgur

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hardly a surprise ...

On 12/11/2021 at 2:42 PM, DON said:

It's a good article and I will stick with my original pick of Darche.  I think Darche has seen what a successful organization looks like working with Julien Brisbois and is a very bright young guy, the kind of reasonable, intelligent person that Gorton will be able to mold into a very good GM.  I am just basing that on interviews that I have seen with him. 

That is just a guess on my part and likely not even an intelligent guess as I don't know enough about all the candidates to make a really educated guess.