Nov. 6, Vegas vs Montreal, 7 PM

dlbalr

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

As an Alouettes fan I am curious how Trevor Harris does in his first game ... PVRing both ... will switch back&forth until one or the other captures my attention.

Same here - his preferred style goes against the Als' tendencies (lots of play action, deep balls versus Harris and his quick pass attack).

That was a fun period.  Vegas is more banged up than Montreal is and it showed there.

18 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I have to say, Mike Hoffman is a genuine offensive threat. At least that signing seems to be working out.

The assist was his 400th point.

Wow, that was brilliant positioning on the PP but unfortunately I'm pretty sure it was accidental. ex:  1 in the slot, the pass from out near the blueline misses him but goes to Habs player behind him down by the goal line.    However, their positioning on the PP was much better than their norm.  

Nice to see Suzuki producing. I don’t get why they had Taffoli buried on the third line earlier - he was only our leading scorer!!

21 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Vegas is more banged up than Montreal is and it showed there.

Missing Price, Weber,  Edmundson, Drouin and Byron ... I don't think that's any easier injury situation than Vegas.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Nice to see Suzuki producing. I don’t get why they had Taffoli buried on the third line earlier - he was only our leading scorer!!

Lines get juggled for lots of reasons ... ranging from how players are actually playing at a given moment to which combos seem like theoretical good fits ... 

Ahh, so close to deja vu from the other game.  i.e. Hoffman's shot with rebound right to Gally, only this game it was Evans and he missed.  Hoffman shooting low and hard would make a decent set play on a 2 on 1's though.  

My guess is that they forgot how badly they need Shane Wright during  that 1st period.  I'm glad that someone reminded them at the intermission, and that they made the necissary adjustments.  Tank on!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Lines get juggled for lots of reasons ... ranging from how players are actually playing at a given moment to which combos seem like theoretical good fits ... 

it made zero sense to have Taffoli on the third line, or Caufield on the 3rd or 4th - in his case he’s better off in the AHL.

Thank God the Vegas player skated into the net.  I sorta thought the Habs dman tripped him.  Another Vegas PP would have certainly ended the game.  If the Habs can escape this period down 3-2 they still might have a chance, maybe.  

17 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

My guess is that they forgot how badly they need Shane Wright during  that 1st period.  I'm glad that someone reminded them at the intermission, and that they made the necissary adjustments.  Tank on!

Good one!  LOL

The good:

Lots of Habs came to play: Petry, Suzuki, Toffoli, and Romanov all had strong games. First time I see sustained glimpses that Romy might become more than Emelin 2.0.

The Bad:

The Montreal Canadiens blow chunks.