Nov. 11: Flames @ Habs - The Remembrance of Wins Past edition

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He reminds me of Ryan White.  He is high energy and also does some stupid things.

I'm not sure he's anything long term though.  I just don't think there is enough skill there for a long term NHL career though.

he is a good 4th line filler for a couple of years. Like White, Begin, etc.

He has not made to many stupid things with the Habs so far

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

he is a good 4th line filler for a couple of years. Like White, Begin, etc.

He has not made to many stupid things with the Habs so far

I thought his penalty in the third period was pretty stupid last game.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I thought it was a high-skill goal by Breadeater.

Habs playing pretty well, but they’ve been doing that pretty steadily for the past 7 or 8 games and finding various ways to lose, as you’d expect of a shi* team.

Anyone else like Hoffman? Good player.

Interesting that Chiarot had 9 goals last season and is scoring this year. We think of him as a plodder and he kind of is, but there is a little bit of offence there.

Thats funny.  For some reason I kept thinking Mangiacake, which I thought was Portuguese; but apparently that is an Italian expression.  You're totally right, panem in Latin for bread so it's bread eater.  

Before the season started I figured Hoffman will hit 35 goals this year.  He's the only player the Habs have that is playing beyond expectations.  

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Good game so far. Glad to see Gally doing his thing, and I enjoyed the chaos afterward.

I know ... I watched them score, and I'm thinking, "now that is a Gallagher goal!"

I’m sure I agree with the colour guy on this. Panzetta delivered a clear cross-check before the scrum - why not penalize that?

Time for our PP to not suck the bag for once

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Thats funny.  For some reason I kept thinking Mangiacake, which I thought was Portuguese; but apparently that is an Italian expression.  You're totally right, panem in Latin for bread so it's bread eater.  

Before the season started I figured Hoffman will hit 35 goals this year.  He's the only player the Habs have that is playing beyond expectations.  

Mangiacake is what my Italian wife’s family used to call anglophones like me: Cake-eaters. I prefer pie TBH

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

that's a reputation penalty, like Gallagher used to get

Sure, he needs to know he has that type of reputation and not take a penalty in the offensive zone, especially on this team that has so many issues killing penalties.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

I'm going to Italy for 10 days in December.  Thank God, 10 days where I won't watch this horrible team. 

I need to visit the San Siro before they tear the place down.

Some serious Italian representation out there tonight!

This is a hugely entertaining game, no matter how bad the team.

Envy your trip. A ballsy call in these Covid times.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Some serious Italian representation out there tonight!

This is a hugely entertaining game, no matter how bad the team.

Envy your trip. A ballsy call in these Covid times.

It was a trip scheduled for June 2020 originally, so there it is. 

As for travelling, I stayed home before I got double vaxxed.  Now that I have both shots, I'm less concerned about Covid.  Yes I know to still be careful and I can still catch it, but given my age and being double vaxxed and no comorbidities, even if I cathc it, I should be fine with just a quarantine.

I'm at the point where I'm ready to live life again.  Everything in life has risks... so all I can do is take the proper precautions, Vax, mask, wash hands, etc... and still live life at this point.  18 months has been enough of lockdown.

Sure, he needs to know he has that type of reputation and not take a penalty in the offensive zone, especially on this team that has so many issues killing penalties.

that is how he earns his place on the lineup, being physical and stirring the pot. Ref cannot make the soft calls....

anyways, fun game to watch. Some excitement

It was a trip scheduled for June 2020 originally, so there it is. 

As for travelling, I stayed home before I got double vaxxed.  Now that I have both shots, I'm less concerned about Covid.  Yes I know to still be careful and I can still catch it, but given my age and being double vaxxed and no comorbidities, even if I cathc it, I should be fine with just a quarantine.

Good for you, my friend. Enjoy. Me and the missus are double/triple vaxxed but not quite ready to strike out. We had a huge trip to London ruined by Covid…

Couldn’t believe they missed on that huge PP chance at the end there. 

Is it just me, or has Wideman quietly made the team as a bottom-6 guy? 

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He reminds me of Ryan White.  He is high energy and also does some stupid things.

I'm not sure he's anything long term though.  I just don't think there is enough skill there for a long term NHL career though.

I can understand why someone would say White, there are similarities for sure.   However, I would say that Pezzetta is better because he has size and can fight.   I like Pezzetta, and they need somebody with his size and fists.  Plus, he's cheap so they will probably need him for Cap reasons too.

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

that's a reputation penalty, like Gallagher used to get

It was also a penalty and a very, very stupid one at that.  Two games in a row with one of those needs to result in a healthy scratch or a ticket back to Laval, that's unacceptable.