Nov. 11: Flames @ Habs - The Remembrance of Wins Past edition

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I like the confidence Kulak showed on that rush. Confident Kulak is an asset.

Gallagher looking a lot more like his old self. Maybe his groin is finally healed up? One can hope.

I gave up on “Die,” but will see Dune by hook or by crook in theatres.

Interestingly I started a new job recently myself. No travel element, though.

I had no choice but to start a new job - COVID casualty. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

Sorry to hear that, man. I am very fortunate - the current job is a contract but I have the option to go back to my old gig.

Important PP opportunity here.

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I hope your new job is a good situation, glad you landed on your feet

HAHAHAAAA, 30 seconds after Markstrom gave Suzuki the stink eye for trying to bank one in off him, Slick Nick goes in and does precisely that! What a fabulous F-you play by the kid!!

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

he had tried banking it off Markstrom before

Yeah and Markstrom lectured him for it. I LOVE that Suze went right ahead and stuck it to him. Nick has moxy!

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah and Markstrom lectured him for it. I LOVE that Suze went right ahead and stuck it to him. Nick has moxy!

He's got his mojo back , definitely

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He may just become the centre we’ve wanted for a LONG time. We still don’t have a top 5 in the league type centre, but at the very least he looks like he can be a Koivu type player. 

The slash was very hard to see.  I only really noticed because of the black tape Markstrom uses on the end of his stick.  The black tape has tricked me numerous times where I thought it was the puck, and in the the net.  i.e. with the white of his stick and the ice it was hard to notice it that I didnt even really see it.   I really only saw the black move but I could tell that he had swung his stick at Suzuki.  As Suzuki skated up ice he was shaking his hand.    

Quiet game by Poehling, which I think it will be his type of play when he establishes himself, "Dvorak light"

I do not know how many FOs he took, but he won a good percentage of them

image.png

21 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Romanov and Kulak late in the game, I like it

Noticed that too. Romy acquitted himself well. The kid is starting to make a believer out of me, which is not always easy to do for young kids.

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

What a suck.

Markstrom earned my respect in Van and is unquestionably a quality #1, but he looked like a real smug pr*ck tonight and I’m glad Suzuki handed him his arse. Statement game from Slick Nick.

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

What a shift for Jake Evans.  He's looking like a third line c.

Nice to see, all right. 

It’s easy to be all chipper after a solid all-around win, but what sticks with me is just what a damned good hockey game that was. When both teams show up and play hard and fast, it’s tough to beat the entertainment value of a hockey game.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I'm going to Italy for 10 days in December.  Thank God, 10 days where I won't watch this horrible team. 

I need to visit the San Siro before they tear the place down.

Have a great trip!!  However, it could be around that time that they get everything together and have a 5 game win streak. 

They'll need numerous of those to have any hope at the playoffs, and the need to start sooner than later.