Ribeiro & Dagenais Traded To Hawks?

i imagine the idea behind a khabibulin rumour would be to pick him up so we could flip theo for a position player.... though the entire plan seems unrealistic

So if that's the idea then why not give them Theo in the trade? It's better than us having to shop for an other Theo trade and the Hawks having to search for another goalie in a different trade (and having to give up some players). They might as well swap with us. Khabibulin is one of the most overpaid players in the league though and Theodore is much better so there's no point in making the trade unless they add in one of their great prospects like Ruutu, Barker, Seabrook, Babchuk and all the other Bs.

I figure we'll know by Friday what is going on.

On the other side of the trade coin, Gainey's plans originally were to evaluate the team as much as possible right down to the deadline. Then, get a potent veteran/superstar from a team that has no hope, this way the return would have more benefit versus now. For this reason I suspect he might give them a little more time to snap out of this...but I doubt that much longer.

If this trade was true it would have been reported by now.

I hope this "meeting" included Bob wearing his rings. I hope he addressed the team similar to Gunnery Sergeant Hartman talking to his "pukes" from the movie Full Metal Jacket. :wall:

cap.jpg

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

What about Mogiliny(NJ) he's been placed on waivers......How much cap space do we have left? Mogilny is currently making 3.5 Mil

We have about 4M left. Lamoriello did a horrible job this offseason. He failed to bring in an impact player. Instead he went and resigned ex-devils who have rotting away for the past 5 years. He overpayed Malakhov, Mogilny, McGillis et al and then had to waive them and shop them so he can fit his team under the cap. He's normally a great GM but he knew about the cap when he signed these guys. Now he's paying the price.

Tallon Vows To Make Changes

'Blackhawks general manager Dale Tallon is apparently quite upset with the way his team has been playing of late and is gearing up to make a change or two, reports the Chicago Tribune.

According to the paper, Tallon said he will "listen to anything for anybody. That's just the way it is. I'm not going to sit still and put up with this."

Tallon won't make a trade just for the shake of making one, but he is prepared to complete a deal that will help his organization.

"We're not making any desperation moves," Tallon told the Tribune. "We're only going to do deals that are the right deals."'

Blackhawks Shopping Arnason

"In need of an upgrade at the center position, the Blackhawks are supposedly shopping Tyler Arnason, according to the Chicago Daily Herald.

Arnason, 26, has registered only three goals with 15 assists in 26 games for the Blackhawks this season.

The Daily Herald reports that Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon had apparently offered Arnason to the Boston Bruins as part of a package for Joe Thornton before Thornton was traded to the San Jose Sharks last Wednesday. The package also is believed to have included defenseman Jassen Cullimore."

Both of these are from FTP which is hardly a reliable source but the quotes are good and probably the Daily Herald too. The first article was written on somethng like December 16th and the second on December 5th.

I figure we'll know by

I hope this "meeting" included Bob wearing his rings. I hope he addressed the team similar to Gunnery Sergeant Hartman talking to his "pukes" from the movie Full Metal Jacket. :wall:

cap.jpg

Let's just hope he doesn't end up the same way Hartman did. :P

cap.jpg

Gainey: I am Bob Gainey, the Club de Hockey Canadien General Manager . From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be sir. Do you maggots understand that?

Habs: Sir, yes sir!

Gainey: Bullshit I can't hear you. Sound off like you got a pair.

Habs: SIR, YES SIR!

Gainey: You are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human ing beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit. Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. Do you maggots understand that?

and so on... hehehe

I hope Julien is not in charge of the trade departement nowdays...we would probably end-up

with a boatload of those defensive forwards,.....Hossa would be ask back now that its statistic reflecs the typicaldefensive forward type,..measly 11 points but a nice +5,....highest than anyone on our squad

equalled only by Begin.

Quick, Mr J. Grahame is on fire, shut out the NY Rangers earlier this week. Let's trade José, Ribs or Dags & Rollie Melanson against John :puke: Grahame and Artyukhin or Timo Helbling. Quick Bob, quick. Grahame is on fire.

I watched SPORTS PLUS on RDS TV this morning and there was NO talk whatsoever about trades. The only talk about R & D was that they were benched and it was unsure if they would play against NJ.

Julien made no mention of anything except that they had a meeting, they have to work more, they have to get better, etc.

Trades? nada.

Quick, Mr J. Grahame is on fire, shut out the NY Rangers earlier this week. Let's trade José, Ribs or Dags & Rollie Melanson against John :puke: Grahame and Artyukhin or Timo Helbling. Quick Bob, quick. Grahame is on fire.

:D Half of us here will believe ya u know!

Here's a quote from Ribeiro after not playing:

"There were a few games before that when my work ethic could have been better, but we were short guys and there wasn't anything the coach could do."

Depending on how you read it, he could be implying his work ethic wasn't good BECAUSE the coach had no choice but to use him. Way to take advantage of the situation, Mike! Right when we needed you most... :nono:

I read that comment earlier and almost got in my car to hunt him down. What type of pro athlete would admit to the fact that he does not work hard. All Habs fans know he does not work must nights but to come out and say he was not trying wow.

I bet in that closed-door meeting they just went around the room calling our ribs.