Lehkonen - Evans - Armia
Pezzetta - Poehling - Belzile

Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Savard
Romanov - Wideman

Montembeault
Primeau

Scratched: Brooks, Niku, Norlinder

Injured: Allen (concussion), Drouin (headaches), Pacquette (undisclosed), Perrault (eye injury), Edmunson (undisclosed)

Boston Bruins

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Hall - Coyle - Foligno
Blidh - Haula - Kuhlman
DeBrusk - Nosek - Steen

Forbort - McAvoy
Grzelcyk - Carlo
Zboril - Clifton

Swayman
Ullmark

Scratched: Reilly, Smith

Injured: Lazar (undisclosed), Frederic (upper body)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hahahahaha, from the wonderful opening image (featuring Le Gros Bill looking more ferocious than usual) and the hilariously lo-fi graphic of the Black Aces, you need to do more of these GDTs, Don.

Wonder when/if Norlinder will get a game?

Wideman, Romanov both seemed to play fine yesterday.

Petry 1 shot, still not performing as expected, hope not injured and is just in one of his typical cold stretches and that he breaks out, today.:pray:

Montembeault is rested and after he settled in yesterday he kept the Habs close

I would not throw Primeau to the mean cubbies , I would play him in a later game this week

12 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

NHL lists Montembeault as the first goalie but I have to assume it'll be Primeau, given that Montembeault already played most of last night's game.

Primeau played the full game for Laval yesterday so neither of them are really rested.  I'd actually go back to Montembeault - is he someone that plays better with more use over the current deployment of once every two or three weeks?  This seems like a spot to try to find that out.

Interestingly enough, the Habs haven't registered Primeau's recall yet as of about 2 hours ago when the last roster update was published.  Don't know if that means they think Allen could be available or they just haven't decided how to classify the recall (emergency 48-hour exemption that lets them go over the 23 player limit or with an IR transfer for Allen).

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Primeau played the full game for Laval yesterday so neither of them are really rested.  I'd actually go back to Montembeault - is he someone that plays better with more use over the current deployment of once every two or three weeks?  This seems like a spot to try to find that out.

Interestingly enough, the Habs haven't registered Primeau's recall yet as of about 2 hours ago when the last roster update was published.  Don't know if that means they think Allen could be available or they just haven't decided how to classify the recall (emergency 48-hour exemption that lets them go over the 23 player limit or with an IR transfer for Allen).

I thought it was McNiven playing last night, but I guess that was earlier in the week. My bad.

Could it be the Habs are waiting for some medical exam result to determine whether to put Allen on IR? Would that make a difference?

19 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I thought it was McNiven playing last night, but I guess that was earlier in the week. My bad.

Could it be the Habs are waiting for some medical exam result to determine whether to put Allen on IR? Would that make a difference?

McNiven played Friday, Primeau yesterday.

I suspect that's what they're waiting for with Allen as well. 

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Assuming Lehkonen makes it through the warmup, here are the new-look lines:

Toffoli-Suzuki-Anderson
Poehling-Dvorak-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia
Pezzetta-Brooks-Belzile

Chiarot-Petry
Kulak-Savard
Romanov-Wideman

image.png

5 hours ago, Helmethead said:

Will be at the game tonight with all three kids in tow. 

Pray for a win pls. 

Can’t handle a 2hr drive back full of tears. 

Enjoy the game.

From my side of things, it’s nice to be able to look forward to a game. It’s been awhile since we’ve played the Bruins but it always feels a little different when we do. 

I expect the 4th line to be active tonight and can see Gallagher, Anderson, Suzuki and Toffoli having strong games.

3-2 win?

(Okay, okay, I said all that before seeing the updated lines. Here’s to hoping.)

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Montembault is making saves but his technique scares me. 

At this point in time, I'm probably more confortable with him than with Primeau in net. In a year or two it may be all different, though.