Nov 14 7 PM: Habs @ Bruins - Battle in Beantown

tomh009

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Montembault is making saves but his technique scares me. 

I don’t know jack sheep about technique, but he looks combative and facing the shots which in my limited knowledge means he is tracking the puck well.

I do not know how big he is, but he doesn’t seem to cover all the net when positioned to block, but he is covering g the bottom of the net well

I do not hate him

Poehling tripped in front of Bruins net -no call.

Wth was Dvorak thinking on that 1 play when he was beside the Habs net and dropped his stick but went to pick it up vs continuing to cover the Bruins player that was there.

Monetembault - with the save of his life!!

21 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... I do not know how big he is, but he doesn’t seem to cover all the net when positioned to block ...

An inch taller and 9 lbs heavier than Allen ... same height but 18 lbs lighter than Price ... so if he "covers less of the net" it my be a technique thing

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

... D'oh, Booins score.  

Nobody picked up McAvoy as he crashed in from the point ... Samuel gave up a rebound but as with seemingly most goals against this year a player was unchecked in front of the net

Good for Pezzetta to get his first.  He has been quieter on the physical side tonight but that line has held their own considering Boston's trying to match the Hall line against them.  They've done well to get some puck control and a few shots on Swayman. 

Pezzetta woke up today and chose offense over violence.

1g, 2 sog, 0 hits after 2

18 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Nobody picked up McAvoy as he crashed in from the point ... Samuel gave up a rebound but as with seemingly most goals against this year a player was unchecked in front of the net

Can't really fault Montembault on that goal.  I havent been overly impressed with him so far but he's looked decent in this game.  I almost thought he had a chance at a shutout.  He's been sharp tonight so that might be the only goal the B's get this game.  

Not a bad period for the Habs. They are overmatched, overworked and out skated , but are hanging on and lead after two

I doubt they can continue playing like this in the third and win; so I hope they’ll better

finally, that #55 is much better than Paquette and Belzile. Toning down his physical play to keep himself out of the penalty box 👍

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Did Petry just score on his own net? ...

Coyle used this head for more than just being in the right place at the right time ... STRANGE goal

Why does Savard try to hit the Bruin at the blue line when Brooks is there?

and why Brooks is so slow to react and cover?

that 4th goal hurts specially with the Bruins fans mocking us

I am just watching ‘til the to see if the Habs show some life or if they give up 

I want to see a team that cares and I want to know which players are going through the motions 

So in the last two games, Petry has injured Allen, gotten undressed by Pasternak and taken a penalty resulting in the tying goal, and scored on himself.

Not his best weekend.

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... specially with the Bruins fans mocking us

Can't say I can totally blame them for taking the opportunity  ... Habs fans have had soooooooooooo many opportunities over the years to "Olé, Olé, Olé" and "Na, Na, Na" their Booins