55 - Michael Pezzetta 25 - Ryan Poehling 60 - Alex Belzile
24 - Adam Brooks    
LD RD G
8 - Ben Chiarot 26 - Jeff Petry 30 - Cayden Primeau
77 - Brett Kulak 58 - David Savard 35 - Sam Montembeault
27 - Alexander Romanov 20 - Chris Wideman  
15 - Sami Niku 59 - Mattias Norlinder  

Welcome back, Jo!

After the on-ice session, head coach Dominique Ducharme confirmed that Jonathan Drouin will return to the lineup after missing the last six games with headaches.

Primeau gets the nod

Goaltender Cayden Primeau will make his first start of the season for Montreal ... Jake Allen sustained a concussion versus Detroit over the weekend ... 

he'll be sidelined for a few more days but may return for Saturday night's game against Nashville at the Bell Centre if his recovery continues to progress well.

Missing Mike

The Canadiens will be deprived of Mike Hoffman's services for at least one week due to an upper-body injury.

BTW ... don't care about the Rangers lineup ... if someone one else has it feel free

It seems like whenever Drouin is having a nice stretch for us he gets injured - this puck to the head, and the Ovi hit a couple years ago occurred during good spells for him.  Hopefully he can pick up where he left off (and build his trade value!).

The announcer just mentioned that Cayden's dad is Keith Primeau.  It's a common enough of a last name that I didn't realize that.

Why did Gally shoot at a bad angle on net vs looking around to see if there was potentially an open linemate to pass to?  The chance of Gally's shot going in was close to 0.  

6 minutes ago, Neech said:

Then we trade him straight up for Girard!

I'd even throw in a 4th rounder ... 😁

1 hour ago, Neech said:

It seems like whenever Drouin is having a nice stretch for us he gets injured - this puck to the head, and the Ovi hit a couple years ago occurred during good spells for him.  Hopefully he can pick up where he left off (and build his trade value!).

I always say, that's just how it is with guys like Drouin. It's not that he gets hurt (bad luck) but that he cannot be relied upon to resume his strong play when he returns from the injury. They never "put it all together" with consistency. Now, hopefully his counselling/therapy has changed that equation. We'll see.

21 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

The announcer just mentioned that Cayden's dad is Keith Primeau.  It's a common enough of a last name that I didn't realize that.

Why did Gally shoot at a bad angle on net vs looking around to see if there was potentially an open linemate to pass to?  The chance of Gally's shot going in was close to 0.  

Re. Gally, he fires from anywhere and everywhere. It’s how he gets over 200 shots/season and often leads the team in sog, over half from low chances and rest from crease.

D'oh, Rags score 1st.  Primeau has made several important saves, but he overplayed the shot right before the goal.  However, it was probably their best shooter so it is somewhat understandable that he went far out of the crease to cut down the angle.  Its just unfortunate that left the net basically wide open for anyone out front of it.  

1 minute ago, hockeyrealist said:

Wow, that was some novice level hockey right there leading to rags first goal.

This is gonna be a tough one.

And after looking solid until that point Primeau was way outside his crease and seemed unable to even try to react to the pass to the slot-ish area ... and of course Kapo was wide open, with no challenge

P

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

And after looking solid until that point Primeau was way outside his crease and seemed unable to even try to react to the pass to the slot-ish area ... and of course Kapo was wide open, with no challenge

Indeed, he was slow to react to an attempted wrap around a couple minutes before. Wonder if his legs are burning? 

Positives from first:

Primeau looked good overall.

Romanov continues to look good, especially his foray into offensive zone and net drive.

Dvorak’s line looked decent, Jo was noticeable and looking quick, Anderson is moving well.

Negatives:

Fourth line was scary all period.  Looked like amateurs vs pros.

Petry continues to look suspect.

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

I'd say that was the best period that I've seen Primeau play.  He seems to have improved and his confidence has gone up.  i.e. if he was playing like he has in previous games the score would probably be 2 or 3  to 0.  

IMO Primeau did go far out of his crease, but it seemed like there was good chance that Penarin would have scored if Primeau hadn't done that.  Unfortunately, Kapo was wide open with an open net, Primeau really had no chance stopping that shot.  1 of the Habs needed to be covering that area to help Primeau out, which didnt happen.

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'd say that was the best period that I've seen Primeau play.  He seems to have improved and his confidence has gone up.  i.e. if he was playing like he has in previous games the score would probably be 2 or 3  to 0.  

IMO Primeau did go far out of his crease, but it seemed like there was good chance that Penarin would have scored if Primeau hadn't done that.  Unfortunately, Kapo was wide open with an open net, Primeau really had no chance stopping that shot.  1 of the Habs needed to be covering that area to help Primeau out, which didnt happen.

L

yup, hard to blame him for the multiple complete défensive breakdowns. He bailed them out a few times at least.

What was Pezetta thinking, Habs just get some momentum and be decides to play punching bag and give the  home crowd something to cheat for???   Seems like a dumb time to fight, and lose badly.

I like Pezzetta, but to fight right at that moment was just dumb.  i.e. the Habs just scored, the momentum had swung in the Habs favour, so no reason to fight in an attempt to get the Habs going.  

Hard to believe, after winning that fight the momentum shifted back to the Rags and they scored.