Game #19 Habs vs Pens Nov 18 7:00

DON

Five drafted by the Habs players on the lineup tonight 

is it good?

is it bad?

will it be ugly?

Edited by alfredoh2009
Forgot to write “by the Habs”, to be specific...

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Five drafted players on the lineup tonight 

is it good?

is it bad?

will it be ugly?

I think Dvorak, Petry, Drouin, etc were drafted.:youpi:

40 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Five drafted players on the lineup tonight 

is it good?

is it bad?

will it be ugly?

Yes

11 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I think Norlinder is playing tonight?

I believe he is. 

I'm hoping when they're doing their made dashes around the oppositions crease that they think to pass the puck back to Norlinder.  The Habs don't usually score when trying to ram the puck into the net, and Norlinder will be able to shoot the puck into the open spots of the net.

Gally was basically useless on Crosby's goal.  He was standing right there so no clue why he didnt try to do something with his stick to Crosby's.  

Its interesting how impressive the Habs are at getting control of lose pucks out in front of their own net.  There has only been a few games this year where they haven't been really good at doing that.  

7 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Its interesting how impressive the Habs are at getting control of lose pucks out in front of their own net.  There has only been a few games this year where they haven't been really good at doing that.  

Now there is a "glass is half full" way of looking at the Habs season so far.  I hadn't noticed that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pino10 said:

What a joke!! Fire Ducharme already. What a mistake hiring him as coach. 

A grand total of seven posts in the last month on these forums. Six of them just saying that Ducharme should be fired. Why the vendetta on Ducharme?

The season sucks. Lots of reasons for that, I can't blame it all on Ducharme.

29 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... Its interesting how impressive the Habs are at getting control of lose pucks out in front of their own net.  There has only been a few games this year where they haven't been really good at doing that.  

21 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Now there is a "glass is half full" way of looking at the Habs season so far.  I hadn't noticed that. 

The glass "half empty" view would be that they have to be doing something because they aren't actually defending opponents in front off the net

Pittsburgh has seen the book on Primeau when it comes to him getting over-aggressive (like Huzer mentioned the other day).  Primeau was out of the crease and facing the corner on Crosby's goal because he sold out on the initial pass and even on the second goal off the missed shot, he had over-committed on the initial shot which led him out of position.  He has had an opportunity to work with a few different goalie coaches since joining the organization (Marciano and Riendeau a bit in Laval, Waite and Burke a bit in Montreal) and now Raymond.  Hopefully he can impress upon Primeau the value of being a bit more positionally sound; he has the skills to be a good goalie but the aggression can get him into trouble as we've seen early in this one.

Not sure what Petry was doing on that third goal by Pens, he’s the third man back and decided to attack the puck carrier, who is clearly covered by Drouin who is playing dman…?? Meanwhile two open Pens go unchecked and one of them score.  Just boneheaded back checking there, not to mention the stupid route he chose to get out of offensive zone once Habs lost possession.

Hard to fathom all of the repeated brain farts he has been making.

Just now, hockeyrealist said:

Not sure what Petry was doing on that third goal by Pens, he’s the third man back and decided to attack the puck carrier, who is clearly covered by Drouin who is playing dman…?? Meanwhile two open Pens go unchecked and one of them score.  Just boneheaded back checking there, not to mention the stupid route he chose to get out of offensive zone once Habs lost possession.

Hard to fathom all of the repeated brain farts he has been making.

He didn't look too good on the first goal either when he was slow on the backcheck.  He's clearly playing through something and with how things have gone for him lately, it certainly feels like giving him some time to rest/recover whatever it is would be more beneficial than him battling through it when he's struggling this much.

11 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

A grand total of seven posts in the last month on these forums. Six of them just saying that Ducharme should be fired. Why the vendetta on Ducharme?

The season sucks. Lots of reasons for that, I can't blame it all on Ducharme.

Any other coach would have been gone. Truth hurts. Who do you blame it on?

25 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

One would expect that to lead to more odd man rushes in Habs favour???? Doesn’t seem to be happening, seems a result of collapsing back, giving up perimeter. So I suppose there is rarely the opportunity to head man the puck and counter attack….

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He didn't look too good on the first goal either when he was slow on the backcheck.  He's clearly playing through something and with how things have gone for him lately, it certainly feels like giving him some time to rest/recover whatever it is would be more beneficial than him battling through it when he's struggling this much.

Indeed, let him get some rest and rehab.