Game #19 Habs vs Pens Nov 18 7:00

DON

Just a random observation that this is how life without Price feels to those who have always wanted to trade him. Because the 1 or 2 elite players or prospects we would have (perhaps) received in return aint stopping the puck.

Just now, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Just a random observation that this is how life without Price feels to those who have always wanted to trade him. Because the 1 or 2 elite players or prospects we would have (perhaps) received in return aint stopping the puck.

Good point, wow he covered a lot of mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

And nobody on D ...

Haha I think the 2nd/3rd pairing have been far stronger than the first. Suppose that doesn’t say much, but Romy and Norlinder have looked OK.

4 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Haha I think the 2nd/3rd pairing have been far stronger than the first. Suppose that doesn’t say much, but Romy and Norlinder have looked OK.

I'd be OK with living dangerously and making  some combination of Petry, Chiarot and Savard available at trade deadline. Rebuild a more mobile defence, starting from Romanov, Norlinder, Niku and Wideman. Maybe it works, maybe not, but I'd be willing to take that risk.

8 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

I mean... Do we need Caufield and Primeau out here experiencing this shit?

From what I’ve seen Primeau will not be an NHL starter.  I know he is young but has had enough starts in his career to seriously doubt that.  Should clarify, seems unlikely given his excessive movement, poor positioning, over committing.  Not signs of a calm, in control style.

I do see the point you make. Same could be said for Romy, Norlinder as well. 
Lack of pride on this team right now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

12 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Good point, wow he covered a lot of mistakes. 

Nobody will argue (or at least shouldn't) that at his best Price is a difference maker ... at his best he stops many of the goals that have being going in this season ... but for three of the last four regular seasons he has been far from his best ... and we have no idea "what" Price will step in front of the net this season ... hopefully it is Carey Price, and not carey price.

1 minute ago, hockeyrealist said:

He’s been bad, the team needed a save before it got 3-0.

He played a much better game on Tuesday, but one game is always to small to declare the second coming of Roy, or a total disaster.

He might or might not yet be a starting goalie, but I don't have super high confidence in that right now.

2 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

From what I’ve seen Primeau will not be an NHL starter.  I know he is young but has had enough starts in his career to seriously doubt that.

Yeah if Romanov and Norlinder could go down I'd go for it at this point... Primeau simply isn't NHL ready.

On Primeau.. goalies take time and I don't see the point in hamstringing a 22 year old goalies confidence in the most mentally dependent position in the game.

5 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

From what I’ve seen Primeau will not be an NHL starter.  I know he is young but has had enough starts in his career to seriously doubt that.

I tend to agree ... hope we are wrong ... Dichow and Dobes likely now the best hopes for the future

11 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I'd be OK with living dangerously and making  some combination of Petry, Chiarot and Savard available at trade deadline. Rebuild a more mobile defence, starting from Romanov, Norlinder, Niku and Wideman. Maybe it works, maybe not, but I'd be willing to take that risk.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Niku and Wideman aren't in the long-term plans.  Sure, they can finish out the year with them but both are placeholders for the blueliners in the system as some of them start to turn pro and move up.

39 minutes ago, Pino10 said:

What a joke!! Fire Ducharme already. What a mistake hiring him as coach. 

Non non non, en Francais.  i.e.  Ou est ma guillotine!!

40 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

A grand total of seven posts in the last month on these forums. Six of them just saying that Ducharme should be fired. Why the vendetta on Ducharme?

The season sucks. Lots of reasons for that, I can't blame it all on Ducharme.

Qui est le premier?  

I agree though, the season sucks and isn't really Ducharmes fault - at all, or MB either.  It has been an unlucky series of unfortunate events that are outside of anyone's control, except certain players own actions & inactions.  

Well, unless Lehner was right.  i.e. MB had the Habs Dr prescribing Price pain killers how is any of that his fault?

The Simpsons - french teacher - en Francais.png

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

I tend to agree ... hope we are wrong ... Dichow and Dobes likely now the best hopes for the future

Me too.  I am being a little drastic out of boredom/frustration watching these games.

Seems he is at least a few seasons away from being a reliable NHL’er at this point. 
Scary what that means in the meantime if CP31 is not 100% or not around at all…

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think it's pretty safe to say that Niku and Wideman aren't in the long-term plans.  Sure, they can finish out the year with them but both are placeholders for the blueliners in the system as some of them start to turn pro and move up.

Agreed, and think it is time to move out 8, 26, 58 (Savard), 44.    Like you said, Niku/Wideman are gone and at that point may as well do whatever to unload CP31 and plan to suck for 3-4 years.

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I forgot Kulak! But I don't think we have so much D depth in out prospect pipeline, at least for the next year or maybe two. Beyond Norlinder and maybe Guhle, the others are surely some years out yet.