Nov. 20, Predators vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Poehling > Danault

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Holy God. It is a circus out there

All right, thats it, I think I have figured what's going on here -  the Preds are being disrespectful buggers and are making fun of the Habs by imitating them.  

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

All right, thats it, I think I have figured what's going on here -  the Preds are being disrespectful buggers and are making fun of the Habs by imitating them.  

Is Chez Paris still operating in Montreal? Because the Preds look like they have the Chez Paris flu

It's definitely a confidence-builder, but, really the Habs haven't look super dangerous. They have had much better puck control but Nashville has had half again as many high-danger opportunities. Montembeault is coming through for the Habs tonight -- 26 saves so far -- and Saros definitely let in some soft ones.

Toffoli had a great break away chance - too bad he missed though.

Theres something interesting about having healthy competition.  ex:  ever since Allen got injured, Primeau and Montembault seem to have upped their play.    It's like they are both playing better and showcasing their skills because they want to show that they can be the backup G.  

Ugly way to end it but it was a dose of reality at the end.  The Habs didn't play all that well for long stretches of the game aside from the second period when Nashville rolled over and they're not a good enough team to lose focus and take their foot off the pedal.

I had to pause the game with 14 mins left and it was 5-0 because I had to go to the grocery store before it closed.  When I resumed the game I immediately noticed that there was 40+ mins left, so my 1st thought was thinking it went into OT.  When the Preds scored their 3 goals I was definitely worried that I was right.

I said after the last game that I liked Gallagher with Evans and Lehkonen, and I like them even better now. They have energy and chemistry, and they were making things happen. Yes, Gallagher is an expensive third-liner, but we're stuck with his salary regardless, and this line makes him more effective, then I'm all for it.

Oh yes, I thought Mombeault looked good. Yes, Duchene undressed him three times, but he wasn't the first NHL goalie to have undergone that treatment. And there was nary a defender in sight to make the task more challenging for Duchene.

Well, that was a pleasant surprise.

Great for Poehling, hope the goals help his confidence and play.

3 pt game for Toffoli.

Dont play till next Wed, will Norlinder be in Sweden by then, or sticking around longer?

“Winning is more fun than losing.”—Artturi Lehkonen.

No repeating what is in the game recap: https://www.habsworld.net/2021/11/habs-weather-the-storm-to-beat-the-preds-6-3/

Addin that I also loved the Lehkonen-Evans-Gallagher line. If Lehks plays more and more like Gallagher, he can increase his trade value or his importance in the Habs roster. The trio had 8 of the 28 shots (28%) and four points, but more important: they set the tone for the game and brought energy all game. The Suzuki line was quiet, but the Dvorak line had also a good night. Poehling had another strong night; Dale Weise on his podcast mentioned how Poehling is the type of player that raises his game when playing with better players and also how much potential he has. I did not find Weise too credible after the training camp Poehling had, but now I am starting to pay attention to the kid. Poehling and Evans are good bottom 6 centres. If only Dvorak could perform better 😔

On D, I did not notice Petry, which I take as an improvement. I did not realize he had the most shots. Same for Toffoli among the Fs, I do not remember his standing out, but he seems to have had a good game too. Wideman is a point producing machine! I liked his game.

Missed those two, I hope it means that better days are ahead from them.

image.png

I thought Chiarot had bit of pep in his step, good to see as an upcoming UFA and potential late 1st round pick value in Feb, i am sorry to think.:wacko:

9 goals last year and 4 already this year is more than expected from the big fella.

Norlinder got pressured several times and lost couple pucks, but nothing horrible.

13 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... Theres something interesting about having healthy competition.  ex:  ever since Allen got injured, Primeau and Montembault seem to have upped their play.    It's like they are both playing better and showcasing their skills because they want to show that they can be the backup G.  

Let's not get too excited ... two starts each ... one about NHL average and one NHL poor/bad for each ... definitely could have been much worse, but nothing that really excites me ... expect Montembeault sticks around after Allen returns and Primeau goes "up" to Laval to be the #1.

18 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Let's not get too excited ... two starts each ... one about NHL average and one NHL poor/bad for each ... definitely could have been much worse, but nothing that really excites me ... expect Montembeault sticks around after Allen returns and Primeau goes "up" to Laval to be the #1.

Montembeault is surely not our future starter but I think he can be a reasonable backup for Allen for the time being. He has improved as he has played more, but he is still vulnerable when the D leave him hanging. It was nice to see the local kid get his first W (with the Habs) at the Bell Centre, though!

Price might not be back until the new year ...

14 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Montembeault is surely not our future starter but I think he can be a reasonable backup for Allen for the time being. He has improved as he has played more, but he is still vulnerable when the D leave him hanging. It was nice to see the local kid get his first W (with the Habs) at the Bell Centre, though!

Price might not be back until the new year ...

Montembeault makes good first saves but his rebound control has been awful. This game he was more combative jumping on the rebounds to deny second chances.

He is better than McNiven and Primeau needs to continue developing in Laval. 
If the Habs can work out the trade with FLA @dlbalr proposed, I think he is worth keeping until Price is ready