Jump to content

Nov. 20, Predators vs Habs, 7 PM


dlbalr
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dwvnvf6VYAAPRW8?format=jpg&name=large

 

Nashville's Lines

Kunin-Granlund-Duchene

Jeannot-Johansen-Tomasino

Trenin-Sissons-Olivier

Cousins-Novak-Tolvanen

 

Josi-Fabbro

Ekholm-Carrier

Borowiecki-Benning

 

Saros

 

Montreal's Lines

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield

Drouin-Dvorak-Anderson

Lehkonen-Evans-Gallagher

Poehling-Armia

 

Chiarot-Petry

Norlinder-Savard

Romanov-Kulak

Wideman

 

Montembeault

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to my game day ritual so far this year. I turn the game on at some point and then quickly get so disgusted by what I see, that I turn it off and find something else to do. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Big effort from the Habs tonight, they win 4-2. Eventually this prediction will be correct. 

 

I tried doing that last year and I'm still waiting to see 3 hattricks and a shutout.  

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

2 rapid saves by Montembault.  Then an odd sequence that leads to a Habs goal.  

 

Maybe the Habs should try attacking more while skating backwards?  

 Couldn’t hurt

 

I kinda like Montembault…not saying he’s a good goalie, just that something about him looks sort of cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Another missed net by Anderson. My theory that the Habs miss the net more than any other team remains viable

 

https://moneypuck.com/teams.htm

 

Scroll over and sort by % of Unblocked Shot Attempts For That Miss Net - it's around the 20th column or so.  You may be surprised where Montreal lands on that list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

https://moneypuck.com/teams.htm

 

Scroll over and sort by % of Unblocked Shot Attempts For That Miss Net - it's around the 20th column or so.  You may be surprised where Montreal lands on that list.

 

😲 Well, that ends that theory! Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 Couldn’t hurt

 

I kinda like Montembault…not saying he’s a good goalie, just that something about him looks sort of cool

 

The way they were heading up ice but skating backwards seemed to have confused the Preds.  I was sorta surprised too because something about that play made me think it might be offside.  i.e. it looked like the Habs player crossed over the blueline facing backwards and then pulled the puck over it.  I figured that goal would be reviewed.  

 

In most of games Montembault hasn't look very good, but I agree that he is looking good in this game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

 

The way they were heading up ice but skating backwards seemed to have confused the Preds.  I was sorta surprised too because something about that play made me think it might be offside.  i.e. it looked like the Habs player crossed over the blueline facing backwards and then pulled the puck over it.  I figured that goal would be reviewed.  

 

In most of games Montembault hasn't look very good, but I agree that he is looking good in this game.  

 

Oh, he’s been great tonight.

 

But I was talking more about the way the guy just looks in net. Some goalies just look cooler than others (at least to my eye). Ken Dryden was a goalie for the ages, but he also just looked really cool out there in the crease, probably the coolest-seeming G of all time, visually. By contrast, Roy and Hayek were stupendous but looked slightly goofy for the most part. Part of it is size, but it’s not just that; Robin Lerner is huge but just looks bulky and clumsy out there. Montembault has the “look” even if he sucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Oh, he’s been great tonight.

 

But I was talking more about the way the guy just looks in net. Some goalies just look cooler than others (at least to my eye). Ken Dryden was a goalie for the ages, but he also just looked really cool out there in the crease, probably the coolest-seeming G of all time, visually. By contrast, Roy and Hayek were stupendous but looked slightly goofy for the most part. Part of it is size, but it’s not just that; Robin Lerner is huge but just looks bulky and clumsy out there. Montembault has the “look” even if he sucks.

 

Price is in that category too.  i.e. when people say Price has the pedigree that is basically what they are saying.  

 

I absolutely agree regarding Halek and I always questioned how good he was because he'd basically just lie down in the crease and flop around like a fish out of water.  He was amazing at keeping the puck out of the net, but I was never sure if it was actually skill or just sheer luck.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

 

Price is in that category too.  i.e. when people say Price has the pedigree that is basically what they are saying.  

 

I absolutely agree regarding Halek and I always questioned how good he was because he'd basically just lie down in the crease and flop around like a fish out of water.  He was amazing at keeping the puck out of the net, but I was never sure if it was actually skill or just sheer luck.  

 

The key to Price, at his best, is his effortless positioning. He barely seems to move and yet is right there square to the shooter and making the save look easy. Probably the best I ever saw at in this respect. It does look impressive and cool; kind of the opposite of Hayek. Price in his prime looked almost regal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...