Nov 29, Canucks at Canadiens 19h30 - the first winning streak begins

alfredoh2009

A streak starts when a second game in a row is won. Habs won last game with this lineup, I'll update if there are any changes:

highlighted are the players that need to keep their newfound level of play:

MTL

Toffoli - Dvorak - Anderson
Drouin - Evans - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Suzuki - Caufield (he is a rookie*, let's cut him some slack)
Pezzetta(he is an AHLer, let's cut him some slack) - Poehling - Armia

Chiarot - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Norlinder (he should not be in the NHL yet, let's cut him some slack) - Niku (his contract was terminated, let's cut him some slack)

Allen

Montembeault

VAN

Pearson - Horvat - Garland
Hoglander - Miller - Boeser
Dowling - Pettersson - Podkolzin
Motte - Dickinson - Chiasson

Ekman-Larsson - Myers
Hughes - Schenn
Burroughs - Poolman

Demko

Halak

Edited by alfredoh2009
lineup placeholders

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Seems an even match-up.

Sun Tzu quote: All warfare is based on deception. If your enemy is...

Time for full-court press vs the Canucks?

Hope Niku/Norlinder/Pezzetta dress again.

Niku had a good game against the Pens and Pezzetta/Norlinder didn’t make any stupid mistakes (only rookie ones)

i say: Why Not ?

An intriguing battle of two Canadian franchises in complete meltdown mode.

It is beyond my comprehension that Van has not fired Travis Green, who is well past the average life-span of an NHL coach and who has pretty clearly lost the attention of core players like Pettersson and Boeser. That organization is a gong-show.

If you could combine Dim Jim Benning, who has been superb at the draft table and atrocious at trading/contract management, with Bergevin, who has been brilliant at the trade table and horrible at drafting and development, you’d have a splendid GM. Oh well.

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

An intriguing battle of two Canadian franchises in complete meltdown mode.

It is beyond my comprehension that Van has not fired Travis Green, who is well past the average life-span of an NHL coach and who has pretty clearly lost the attention of core players like Pettersson and Boeser. That organization is a gong-show.

If you could combine Dim Jim Benning, who has been superb at the draft table and atrocious at trading/contract management, with Bergevin, who has been brilliant at the trade table and horrible at drafting and development, you’d have a splendid GM. Oh well.

It is an intriguing battle. Another 4 point game. 

I agree about Travis Green, his best before date has passed.  Vancouver had high expectations this year. My prediction; Habs beat Vancouver and Green gets fired on Tuesday.

Also, what the heck is going on in Ottawa?   They also expected to do much much better. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Also, what the heck is going on in Ottawa?   They also expected to do much much better. 

Ottawa: COVID-19 and no depth

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

... If you could combine Dim Jim Benning, who has been superb at the draft table and atrocious at trading/contract management, with Bergevin, who has been brilliant at the trade table and horrible at drafting and development, you’d have a splendid GM. Oh well.

They can have him for an 8th round pick in next summer's 7 round draft

On 11/28/2021 at 3:48 AM, alfredoh2009 said:

A streack starts when a second game in a row is won. Habs won last game with this lineup, I'll update if there are any changes:...

BTW - I am crossing fingers and toes for a win so you can retire KK as your profile picture ... you've "toughed it out" and deserve the freedom to pick whatever picture you want.

5 hours ago, GHT120 said:

BTW - I am crossing fingers and toes for a win so you can retire KK as your profile picture ... you've "toughed it out" and deserve the freedom to pick whatever picture you want.

We have also "toughed it out" having to look at a smiling picture of KK. That picture can't be gone soon enough.  Habs win. You know the score. 

Not seeing Wideman, Kulak nor Pacquette out there is a nice bonus.

#Habs Ducharme confirms same lineup vs #Canucks as Saturday at Pitt:

John Lu
@JohnLuTSNMtl

Toffoli - Dvorak - Anderson
Drouin - Evans - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Suzuki - Caufield
Pezzetta - Poehling - Armia

Chiarot - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Norlinder - Niku

Allen
Montembeault 

Toffoli must be licking his chops to score vs Vancouver, but Pezetta will be the 1st star in this one.:nuts:

6 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Thanks buddy.

that is the reason I took the Game Day Thread: to do as much as I can to shake this avatar

Go Habs Go!!!

Habs saving it all for the second period

I am so glad they do not have a lame duck GM anymore; they cannot blame that distraction for their soft play

Joking aside, I really like Niku’s game

More than I liked Mike Reilly and Victor Mete. That is not saying much

—-

meanwhile, Petry comes alive 

15 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Niku playing better than Petry

Pezzetta more engaged than Armia

so glad the kids are bringing it

We were outshot 12-0 before the goal.... no one (other than Jake allen)... not kids, not vets, was bringing it.  This period was shjt

Just now, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Is it just me or does Poehling look so much faster on his skates since being called up?

I don’t know about speed or quickness, but seems to “belong”