Nov 29, Canucks at Canadiens 19h30 - the first winning streak begins

alfredoh2009

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

On a positive note, Arizona and Seattle win.  Yotes win despite being outshot 46-15, goalie must have stood on his head. 

Karel Vejmelka, only a dozen NHL games under his belt.

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

... the Canucks PK goes 3/3 against the Habs PP. 

What makes it more embarrassing is that the Canucks' PP was 23rd in the NHL going into the game tonight, against the 29th ranked Habs PK ... hardly an elite PP ... one would have hoped that (in all aspects of the game) the players who want to stay would be hustling, to impress the new boss, and those that want to leave would also be hustling, to impress other teams ... sigh

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

if they never have a win streak all season, i think we can allow alfredoh to change to Shane Wright. 

I'll say that if the Habs haven't won two straight by December 31st we release alfredo from his imprisonment.

7 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I'll say that if the Habs haven't won two straight by December 31st we release alfredo from his imprisonment.

I am happy to release him now as I don't like looking at a smiling KK, it's kind of like rubbing salt in the wound. 

14 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

I don’t know what’s worse. 

Dealing with Covid right now or watching this train wreck. 

Just keep thinking of the final station on this train wreck's trip, the 2022 NHL draft ...

5 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Sorry, Alfredo! :(

I'll have to start acting like an immature, greedy, indifferent generation-Z'er (postmillenial)  and do my best KK impersonation.

It seems I'll wear this avatar for a while

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

if they never have a win streak all season, i think we can allow alfredoh to change to Shane Wright. 

that would be a relief :rofl:

5 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am happy to release him now as I don't like looking at a smiling KK, it's kind of like rubbing salt in the wound. 

Oh! you guys are so nice 😁

Jesperi Kotkaniemi Montreal Canadiens GIF - Jesperi Kotkaniemi Kotkaniemi  Montreal Canadiens - Discover & Share GIFs

5 hours ago, tomh009 said:

That sounds like punishment enough!

This will make me better.

"I think I need to improve everything. I'm still a young guy, I just turned turned 20, and there are still many areas I need to improve in. I just want to get better in every area and be an even better player when I go back."

KK, August 27, 2020

ugh, this team is getting even harder to watch.

Time for CC to go back down to AHL and stay for rest of season.  He has zero chemistry with Suzuki at this point and is bringing down Suzuki since they apparently have to play together.

The “vets/leaders” are the bigger problem.

Gallagher has been next to useless for most of the season.

Toffolli  looks like a waste of money, slow, no physicality and  rarely even noticeable amount there.

Petry continues to blow chunks, shows promise one shift and then shits the bed the next.

Drouin  looks decent one shift, moving his legs and then over handles the puck, gives it up, doesn’t back check the next.

He looks over weight, perhaps medication related.  His face is chubby, he is slow.

Dvorak:  has been a disappointment. 

Positive: Poehling has looked like an NHL’er. When you see him and usually Anderson flying out there it reminds me how slow/coasting the others are going.

Blow it all up, rebuild around Suzuki, Romanov.

2 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

ugh, this team is getting even harder to watch.

Time for CC to go back down to AHL and stay for rest of season.  He has zero chemistry with Suzuki at this point and is bringing down Suzuki since they apparently have to play together.

The “vets/leaders” are the bigger problem.

Gallagher has been next to useless for most of the season.

Toffolli  looks like a waste of money, slow, no physicality and  rarely even noticeable amount there.

Petry continues to blow chunks, shows promise one shift and then shits the bed the next.

Drouin  looks decent one shift, moving his legs and then over handles the puck, gives it up, doesn’t back check the next.

He looks over weight, perhaps medication related.  His face is chubby, he is slow.

Dvorak:  has been a disappointment. 

Positive: Poehling has looked like an NHL’er. When you see him and usually Anderson flying out there it reminds me how slow/coasting the others are going.

Blow it all up, rebuild around Suzuki, Romanov.

Glad you came by to share some sunshine and joy to this grim thread

we’ll see what Gorton gets for Price. I hope he does not retire him like Lundqvist because I hope the Habs can get something in return

22 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... because I hope the Habs can get something in return

That would likely require the Habs retain $4-5.25M on the cap and even then getting any worthwhile return then would depend on Price playing well upon his return ... but it is not impossible, and would be wonderful.

No thank you when it comes to trading Price.

17 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

No thank you when it comes to trading Price.

Ok, I can understand that perspective ... I just don't see a role for him in a rebuild ... if he comes back as " PRICE " then he hinders draft position for the next couple of years in a rebuild and if he comes back as " price " then he is a $10.5M anchor on the cap and the ability to use it as a tool.

13 hours ago, Helmethead said:

I don’t know what’s worse. 

Dealing with Covid right now or watching this train wreck. 

Didnt think was bad one to watch...not as bad as i expected anyways.

Only 58 more beauties to go this season!

In a game with the Habs trailing by 1 for most of it, and needing a goal to tie things.... Dom Ducharme played Pezzetta more minutes than Caufield. 

He gave Jake Evans and Arturri Lehkonen 60% zone starts in the offensive zone. 

He gave Jonathan Drouin just 33% zone starts in the offensive zone, using him mainly in the d-zone. 

This coaching staff needs to be the next ones out the door. It's non-sensical usage.

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He gave Jonathan Drouin just 33% zone starts in the offensive zone, using him mainly in the d-zone.

One problem is that the Habs were trying to attack but they still ended up with faceoffs in the defensive zone. But, in any case, looking at the shift charts, I think neither Evans or Lehkonen played a lot in the third period, so I think that 60% would be three starts from only five shifts.

48 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

One problem is that the Habs were trying to attack but they still ended up with faceoffs in the defensive zone. But, in any case, looking at the shift charts, I think neither Evans or Lehkonen played a lot in the third period, so I think that 60% would be three starts from only five shifts.

It wasn't just the third period.  It was all game long. 

Remember the Canucks had a lead during parts of the first period, and for most of the second as well.  The Habs never led, at best they were tied for like 1/3 of the game, and losing for 2/3 of it (approximately).  Still using the defensive forwards for offensive zone draws and the offensive guy for defensive zone draws doesn't make a lot of sense. 

That also ignores using a fourth liner (who is not even top 6 in his AHL time) over Caufield. 

Caufield got benched in the second period, and I never saw him make a poor defensive play.  Meanwhile Josh Anderson had the brutal giveaway on the second goal and played every shift afterwards.  Is this the development model this team is taking in what is already a lost season?

The coaching is just awful.  

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

In a game with the Habs trailing by 1 for most of it, and needing a goal to tie things.... Dom Ducharme played Pezzetta more minutes than Caufield. 

This coaching staff needs to be the next ones out the door. It's non-sensical usage.

Yep. We need a complete fresh start. Too many bonehead moves. I’d suggest going with Richardson fir the remainder of the year, and seeing who’s available over the summer. But that would mean two anglos, for a while and we certainly can’t have that🙄

41 minutes ago, Commandant said:

It wasn't just the third period.  It was all game long. 

Remember the Canucks had a lead during parts of the first period, and for most of the second as well.  The Habs never led, at best they were tied for like 1/3 of the game, and losing for 2/3 of it (approximately).  Still using the defensive forwards for offensive zone draws and the offensive guy for defensive zone draws doesn't make a lot of sense. 

That also ignores using a fourth liner (who is not even top 6 in his AHL time) over Caufield. 

Caufield got benched in the second period, and I never saw him make a poor defensive play.  Meanwhile Josh Anderson had the brutal giveaway on the second goal and played every shift afterwards.  Is this the development model this team is taking in what is already a lost season?

The coaching is just awful.  

Agreed. However, I think we disagree about what to do with Caufield,I think we should keep

him away from this train wreck and let him dominate in the AHL until at least thr trade deadline. Play Suzuki with scorers you want to move, and hope they do well to drive up the value of those wingers.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Agreed. However, I think we disagree about what to do with Caufield,I think we should keep

him away from this train wreck and let him dominate in the AHL until at least thr trade deadline. Play Suzuki with scorers you want to move, and hope they do well to drive up the value of those wingers.

My guess, and it is only a guess, that the plan is to hire the GM first and let that person and Gorton name their new coach.  No point in hiring the coach first then hiring a GM who is 'stuck' with a coach they don't want.

One step at a time!

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I'm fine if he is in the AHL...my point is that if you have him with the NHL team, he has to play. 

5 minutes ago, titanfan said:

My guess, and it is only a guess, that the plan is to hire the GM first and let that person and Gorton name their new coach.  No point in hiring the coach first then hiring a GM who is 'stuck' with a coach they don't want.

One step at a time!

Sure, I don't think Ducharme is being fired tomorrow, but I don't see him starting next season.