December 2nd - Habs versus Avalanche

GHT120

Well ... at least Gorton got to see the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Wonderful, Anderson was at least entertaining when wasnt scoring. Hope he isnt out injured.

Pezzetta 2shots in 7:13 icetime, everyone must want to see more Pezzetta and where was Norlinder?

8 hours ago, GHT120 said:

YUP ... 3-4-5 Dallas, Colorado and Vancouver did well in that draft (Miro Heiskanen, Cale Makar and Elias Pettersson) ... Devils and Flyers (Nico Hischier & Nolan Patrick 1-2) not so much

I watch a lot of Canucks games, have family that see them live often.

Peterson has sucked big time the past two seasons, looks to be more of a bust actually.

He barely plays at this point.

7 hours ago, DON said:

Wonderful, Anderson was at least entertaining when wasnt scoring. Hope he isnt out injured.

Pezzetta 2shots in 7:13 icetime, everyone must want to see more Pezzetta and where was Norlinder?

Re Anderson, that is scary as well b/c it could very well be a shoulder injury again.  Which is what had required surgery and missing pretty much a full year previously.

He has been one of the few regular high energy and effective players.

26 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

I watch a lot of Canucks games, have family that see them live often.

Peterson has sucked big time the past two seasons, looks to be more of a bust actually.

He barely plays at this point.

Pettersson is a bust cause he was injured most of last season.

WTF.

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Pettersson is a bust cause he was injured most of last season.

WTF.

Pettersson scored 10 goals in 26 games last year so he was on pace for 30 goals.  He is off to a slow start this season but so are most of the Canucks. 

Pettersson struggled weirdly at the start of last season, but rounded into form. This season is much worse. 

Boeser is also struggling.

Both are better than any player the Habs have drafted in a decade.

That team desperately needs a new coach. I think the star youngsters have tuned Green out but lack the experience to perform at peak levels without being coached. Petey shows every sign of having lost confidence. I simply cannot understand why you would imperil, not only your season, but your franchise’s relationship to its cornerstone players, by refusing to pull the plug on Travis Green. But what do you expect, I suppose, from the franchise that drove Pavel Bure out of town.

23 minutes ago, Neech said:

I haven't watched much lately but Basu said that Romanov has been a bright spot recently since sitting out a game.  If so, that's encouraging for his top-4 prospects down the road.

With the caveat that I've missed the last three games, I will say that Romy has reassured me somewhat this season. It seems to me that his game has slowly progressed, such that it may indeed be possible to imagine him becoming an effective second-pairing guy eventually.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

With the caveat that I've missed the last three games, I will say that Romy has reassured me somewhat this season. It seems to me that his game has slowly progressed, such that it may indeed be possible to imagine him becoming an effective second-pairing guy eventually.

Romanov is playing much much better, looks more confident out there.  I think their defense could look much much better in 3 years. I have no doubt that Guhle will be a top 4, maybe top pairing defenseman, Jordan Harris is very highly regarded (they really need to sign him), there are a couple outstanding RH defense prospects in the draft this year and with most of these guys on ELC's there should be room to sign a high quality veteran free agent to complement them, I expect Petry to be almost done or gone by then. Perhaps one of Struble, Norlinder or Brooks will surprise.