Cousins-Novak-Tomasino

Josi-Fabbro

Ekholm-Carrier

Borowiecki-Benning

Saros

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I like the unselfish play by Poehling.

Dunno, he was so open and the pass just wasnt there; i would of hoped he was bit more selfish.:spamafote:

Interesting defensive tactic by Toffoli late in the OT - not sure the ole defence when covering the rush is the right strategy in that situation.  Good creativity on the two faceoff plays leading to Hoffman's breakaway and a rush for Toffoli, nice to see.

D'oh, so close.  The Habs deserved to win this game.  

I'm not sure if it would have been successful or not but I was somewhat surprised that the Habs didn't try to challenge the 1 goal.  It definitely seemed like the Preds F prevented Allen from being able to cover the near post.  

51 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'm not sure if it would have been successful or not but I was somewhat surprised that the Habs didn't try to challenge the 1 goal.  It definitely seemed like the Preds F prevented Allen from being able to cover the near post.  

I think there was a faint chance they could have won that one but with Dvorak's goal standing, it would have been a huge risk to try it as it was a similar situation. 

12 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I think there was a faint chance they could have won that one but with Dvorak's goal standing, it would have been a huge risk to try it as it was a similar situation. 

If it is the goal I am thinking of, the TVA "resident ref" (name escapes, former ref) was certain an appeal would fail ... he felt it was the habs defenceman who pushed Allen's pad aside/back.

I only watched the first period, but recorded the rest of the game. Seems like it is worth watching to see how Caufield and Poehling played. I am also curious to see how Kulak played, since he had a goal and a fight which may show how he is trying to make himself more visible to Gorton.

From the shot map, seems like the Habs were trying to shoot from up close but could not drive the net, were boxed out ... I have to watch to see this. I am curious to see which players are on the perimeter am which are getting to the dirty areas

image.png

Just had sinking feeling once they pissed away that 5 on 3 after scoring 2nd goal. But, at least was entertaining and competitive game i guess.

Oh well, on to an easy opponent on Tuesday.

Watched the rest of the game 

I really like Perreault’s game.

smart and reliable 

Romanov had an excellent game. Kulak had one of his best games and Pezzetta continued making a positive impact on the game 

I still don’t like Savard’s game, but between him and Petry I think Petry would get the most on a trade and we need at least one RD on the NHL lineup

Evans is not a good winger, he needs to be at C

Poehling is earning a regular spot on the roster. I like his game better than Dvorak’s