GAME#29 Habs vs Blues Dec 11 2021 normal time of day

DON

Thankfully I did not watch, but Savard-Chiarot must be one of the worst top-pairings we've dressed this century, right?  

As long as we don't get shutout in these losses, I'm fine.  I just pray that we don't get shafted with the 6th pick after a season from hell.  Can't Bettman throw us a bone with the draft in Montreal?  If Quebec City will never regain its team, he can give the province 1st overall.

Tried watching this one.

I’d forgotten how mind-numbingly boring watching a truly bad team can be. The only consolation was the Blues’ beautiful uniforms. They should keep those for a good long time.

The Habs’ season was summed up for me by Armia’s comical flubbing of a great feed by Drouin toward the end of the first. And with that play came pretty much the end of any chance the Habs had of putting up serious resistance last night.

Poor Allen, he was obviously stoked to play his former team, but forgot that his current one sucks rocks. (In fact, his quote in The Gazette saying that “since leaving I realize how good St Louis was for me and my family” could be read as a tacit admission that Montreal stinks by comparison).

Romanov with huge hit on some blues guy and goal.

Caufield managed 4 shots on net, but Poehling 0 shots.

11:12 for Ylonen, giving him a chance at least.

Oher than youngsters gaining experience and some confidence, not alot to hope for.

13 minutes ago, DON said:

Romanov with huge hit on some blues guy and goal.

Caufield managed 4 shots on net, but Poehling 0 shots.

11:12 for Ylonen, giving him a chance at least.

Oher than youngsters gaining experience and some confidence, not alot to hope for.

Maybe the one good news story this season is Romanov slowly eking his way toward becoming a viable top-4 defenceman. I like how he seems to remain spirited and progress no matter how pathetic the team is around him.

Drouin didn’t look out of place at centre

that was a positive too

and Dauphin showed that he is better than Paquette, specially with both playing on the same line

I thought Romanov looked really good, played with a lot of energy and was their best player, definitely a positive.  Neither Dauphin or Paquette will be around when the Habs get better.  Drouin made a great pass but I just don't see him as the answer as a 2nd line center, that has been tried before. 

7 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I thought Romanov looked really good, played with a lot of energy and was their best player, definitely a positive.  Neither Dauphin or Paquette will be around when the Habs get better.  Drouin made a great pass but I just don't see him as the answer as a 2nd line center, that has been tried before. 

Drouin is the answer to nothing except the question, “who will be our #6 FW?”

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Drouin is the answer to nothing except the question, “who will be our #6 FW?”

Poehling faded, Dauphin channeled his best Tom Pyatt and Suzuki was inconsistent

Drouin had a solid game at centre 

Drouin can look really good when there is a lot of open ice because his skating and  pucks skills are really good.  The problem is when things get a little more physical and checking gets tighter, that's when he looks lost and makes bad decisions.  I just don't see him as a #2 center long term and he certainly isn't a #3 or #4 center.  I don't mind him on the team as long as they don't over pay him and use him properly.