Coaches: like players, some are NHL quality, some not.

REV-G

11 minutes ago, REV-G said:

Ha. I totally agree. Win some and lose more but with very close scores.

Although I have to admit that the more I hear about Shane Wright being perhaps a middle six prospect, if that's true,  I'm not sure it's worth too much effort to get the top pick. If we could somehow trade away some assets in 2022 for more in 2023 I think that would be prudent. 

If I've heard correctly 2023 is a very strong draft with an exceptional top pick in Bedard.

They should get a good player in the draft this year, they need to nail it. I remember a year ago a lot of people were saying 2022 would be a good draft year. I guess you don't really know until a few years after how good it really was.

I don't expect the Habs to be as bad next year, perhaps Price will be back so getting a top 2 pick next year might not happen. It will likely be Buffalo/Arizona/Seattle battling it out for Bedard/Michkov. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

... perhaps Price will be back so getting a top 2 pick next year might not happen ...

The way his rehab has twice (3 times?) failed to get beyond skating in full equipment before returning to off-ice work, I have any expectations for Price ... ***NOT*** saying he will not play again, but even if he does I will be concerned about both how well he can be expected to play AND how durable he will be ... the worst possible result would be the 17/18 Price ... no help on the ice, eating up $10.5 of cap space and not eligible to be placed on LTIR.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

the worst possible result would be the 17/18 Price ... no help on the ice, eating up $10.5 of cap space and not eligible to be placed on LTIR.

True,  he needs to get 100% healthy so he can either help the team/or be attractive in a trade.  Just being mediocre and using up 10.5M in cap space doesn't help anything except his bank account. 

8 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

True,  he needs to get 100% healthy so he can either help the team/or be attractive in a trade.  Just being mediocre and using up 10.5M in cap space doesn't help anything except his bank account. 

The way his rehab is going, more and more I fear mediocre