Habs vs Tampa dec 28 2021 7pm

DON

3 minutes ago, DON said:

image.png

Montembeault is starting.

Hope Covid lineups make for some interesting hockey at least.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/pregame-lines-defense-pairings-and-updates-december-28/c-329248172

That’s an ugly looking lineup!!

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That’s an ugly looking lineup!!

I think a grand total of four players from last spring's playoff run (Suzuki, Gallagher, Caufield and Romanov). Two more that played fairly regularly in the regular season last year (Kulak and Evans).

Well, we did say we wanted to give ice time to the kids. Although I do expect to see the top line (Drouin, Suzuki and Gallagher) playing well over 20 minutes.

"The Lightning won’t be without their own COVID issues. They’ll also be short their starting goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy and backup Brian Elliott. Along with the goalies joining coach Jon Cooper in COVID-19 protocol, defencemen Mikhail Sergachev and Andrej Sustr, forwards Pierre-Edouard Bellemare and Anthony Cirelli, and assistant coach Rob Zettler will also be keeping them company. Joining their taxi squad will be Syracuse Crunch’s defencemen Andrej Sustr and Darren Raddysh.

But, they’re lucky enough to still have their leading goal-scorer, Steven Stamkos (14G, 16A) so they’ve got that going for them.

The Habs also still have their leading goal-scorer, Nick Suzuki (6G, 12A)."

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I think a grand total of four players from last spring's playoff run (Suzuki, Gallagher, Caufield and Romanov). Two more that played fairly regularly in the regular season last year (Kulak and Evans).

Well, we did say we wanted to give ice time to the kids. Although I do expect to see the top line (Drouin, Suzuki and Gallagher) playing well over 20 minutes.

Id say Evans was a big part of the playoff team.  He missed some games due to a concussion but he played all the leaf games and cup final games.  He played way more than romanov.

ConMichael McPezzetta

4 minutes ago, DON said:

0 shots for Suzuki/Gallagher.:thumbs_down:

I thought both had decent first periods, especially early on.  Happy for Vejdemo to get one, he's on a two-game NHL scoring streak now as his only other NHL goal came in his last game played.

Just now, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

The winning streak continues tonight, every once in a while David beats Goliath and tonight is the night. 

We’ll see what happens. Tampa is definitely the favourite!

Tough call on the disallowed goal on Gallagher - there's definitely contact and for some refs, it doesn't matter if it was caused by the defender or not.  I don't think the contact stopped Lagace from stopping it but I'm not shocked it didn't count.

The penalty kill has been decent tonight and Montembeault made some big stops in the second to keep Montreal in it.

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Tough call on the disallowed goal on Gallagher - there's definitely contact and for some refs, it doesn't matter if it was caused by the defender or not.  I don't think the contact stopped Lagace from stopping it but I'm not shocked it didn't count.

The penalty kill has been decent tonight and Montembeault made some big stops in the second to keep Montreal in it.

Really?  I was shocked that Gally's goal didnt count.  Originally, I figured the Ref called it a no goal because the he thought Gally hit the puck into the net with his glove, but the replay showed that it went on his hip/ass.   I was expecting that it would called a good goal.  

However, from other reviews I've seen it seems like the NHL is disallowing any goal when the scorer's skate is in the crease, weather or not there is contact preventing the Goalie from making a save.  I dont beleive Gally prevented the Goalie from makingthe save, it went in because the puck took an odd bounce.