Habs vs Tampa dec 28 2021 7pm

DON

And a complete carnival of missed calls in OT = yet another loss. We can whine all we want, but a Hab tripped a Lightning transparently at the start of the sequence.

Bit of a shame, inasmuch as the team probably deserved better, just on a human level. Here they thought they might at least get a modest revenge win against TP in the midst of this wretched season, but - naaaah.

20 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

No more having to look at KK's smiling face.  

9 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

No worries, we got this in OT.

shame-got.gif&ehk=iXLZJVjvLI49PvLrmYJC6u

Look what you did to poor Alfredoh

😉 

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Look what you did to poor Alfredoh

😉

Alfredoh did that to himself, nobody made him post that picture.  Anyway Alfredoh will be feeling better in a few days after the Habs post wins against Carolina and Florida. 

46 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yup, got a little ahead of myself, could not contain my excitement. Oh well!  I won't lose any sleep over it. 

Aren’t you just trying to jinx the team on a repeated basis? 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

And a complete carnival of missed calls in OT = yet another loss. We can whine all we want, but a Hab tripped a Lightning transparently at the start of the sequence.

Bit of a shame, inasmuch as the team probably deserved better, just on a human level. Here they thought they might at least get a modest revenge win against TP in the midst of this wretched season, but - naaaah.

After we missed that breakaway/great chance I stated out loud that we lose about 94% of these games at that point in time. It seems biased but I felt impending doom at that point and it seems to happen to our team all too often... Not only this year.

As for the whining part, I would have much preferred they call the penalty on the Habs player, as they should have, than have allowed the goal against. As soon as Evans touched the puck (or whichever Hab touched the puck first) the play would have been whistled dead.

19 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Aren’t you just trying to jinx the team on a repeated basis? 

Just trying to have a little fun in a lost season. The only thing to look forward to now is the draft.  Hopefully they can grab an extra 1st rounder and also nail it with a high 1st round pick. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Just trying to have a little fun in a lost season. The only thing to look forward to now is the draft.  Hopefully they can grab an extra 1st rounder and also nail it with a high 1st round pick. 

I’m hoping we can make some deals, so we have at least three first rounders this year, and than make some more deals to at least have 2 first rounders next year.

two years of suckage and some luck at the draft lottery should help us be in a position where we can have a good base of young players to be on the road to being a serious contending team and get out of this friggin perennial bubble status.

34 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’m hoping we can make some deals, so we have at least three first rounders this year, and than make some more deals to at least have 2 first rounders next year.

two years of suckage and some luck at the draft lottery should help us be in a position where we can have a good base of young players to be on the road to being a serious contending team and get out of this friggin perennial bubble status.

Agreed. Chiarot will get us a 1st assuming he stays healthy.  To get another 1st this year will take a little manoeuvering as other  players who may get us a 1st have term. An extra 1st next year would be fantastic. 

13 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Can't fault the effort tonight. 

As much as we all want a top pick - preferably THE top pick! - there is a case to be made for instilling a culture of hard work and accountability, even among this bunch of losers. I mean, the new coach can come in and do so, but given the amount of youngsters we’re trying to integrate, such a culture probably is better from a “developmental” POV (even if it’s only for a few months). I say this assuming our talent level is sufficiently dismal, especially with all the injuries, that we’ll be bottom-feeders regardless.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

As much as we all want a top pick - preferably THE top pick! - there is a case to be made for instilling a culture of hard work and accountability.

Agree 100%.  Once you lose that culture of hard work and accountability, it can be hard to get back.   It's one thing to lose a bit of confidence, it's another to lose your work ethic. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

As much as we all want a top pick - preferably THE top pick! - there is a case to be made for instilling a culture of hard work and accountability ...

IMO hustle isn't a problem at the moment as many players are auditioning for an NHL shot next season, with the Habs or elsewhere.

But when the veterans return it *** could *** become an issue as they don't have that same motivator. 

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

IMO hustle isn't a problem at the moment as many players are auditioning for an NHL shot next season, with the Habs or elsewhere.

But when the veterans return it *** could *** become an issue as they don't have that same motivator. 

100% chance not gonna make playoffs, team will be/ is a "seller" and still up to 50games left to play in season, good test for all veterans.

Work ethic thing may be a short term issue: but if have good mgmt in-place it "shouldnt" linger into next season. 

3 minutes ago, DON said:

100% chance not gonna make playoffs, team will be/ is a "seller" and still up to 50games left to play in season, good test for all veterans.

Work ethic thing may be a short term issue: but if have good mgmt in-place it "shouldnt" linger into next season. 

Agree on how important management is and making sure you have the right kind of leadership in the dressing room so work ethic doesn't suffer. That was so apparent in Edmonton for a number of years. You had bad management and guys like Taylor Hall running the dressing room, a bad combination. 

18 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It’s to each their own but I do not personally understand how it is fun to jinx one’s own team into losing. 

I mean, the tankers are emotionally attached to the prospect of obtaining one player in the future, or as you have put it, two.

On the other hand, losing on a repeated basis could potentially have an impact on the 20 players who are already on the team.

I understand that I am in the minority on this board in this circumstance so feel free to do you, but when I see Tampa Bay fans cheering as though it’s a playoff game against our team, I don’t really think they care if our team is tanking. They are simpy happy to demolish our team. I can’t imagine our players enjoy the atmosphere in an opposing building when we are losing as well.  I am a very calm and patient person but I know If I were a player on the team, I would be pissed off at the way we lost last game, and who knows how that can impact the psyche of some of the players on our team. 

Sure, it can be spun into the reality that effort is more important than the result in the longterm but I personally feel as though people who think it’s a good thing that our team loses are only looking at one micro aspect of the grand scheme of things. 

We have Hughes, Dahlin, Lafreniere, Hischier, McDavid, Mackinnon, Matthews, a plethora of other Edmonton picks at the number 1 recently and how many of those teams have been competitive in the playoffs? I admit, I would be happy to have any of those players on our team but it ‘s not like it has led to anything great for those teams so in my humble opinion it seems like a waste of time  and energy to actively route for our players to lose.

I understand that I won’t change any minds but it’s just my perspective on the topic.

36 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

It’s to each their own but I do not personally understand how it is fun to jinx one’s own team into losing. 

I mean, the tankers are emotionally attached to the prospect of obtaining one player in the future, or as you have put it, two.

On the other hand, losing on a repeated basis could potentially have an impact on the 20 players who are already on the team.

I understand that I am in the minority on this board in this circumstance so feel free to do you, but when I see Tampa Bay fans cheering as though it’s a playoff game against our team, I don’t really think they care if our team is tanking. They are simpy happy to demolish our team. I can’t imagine our players enjoy the atmosphere in an opposing building when we are losing as well.  I am a very calm and patient person but I know If I were a player on the team, I would be pissed off at the way we lost last game, and who knows how that can impact the psyche of some of the players on our team. 

Sure, it can be spun into the reality that effort is more important than the result in the longterm but I personally feel as though people who think it’s a good thing that our team loses are only looking at one micro aspect of the grand scheme of things. 

We have Hughes, Dahlin, Lafreniere, Hischier, McDavid, Mackinnon, Matthews, a plethora of other Edmonton picks at the number 1 recently and how many of those teams have been competitive in the playoffs? I admit, I would be happy to have any of those players on our team but it ‘s not like it has led to anything great for those teams so in my humble opinion it seems like a waste of time  and energy to actively route for our players to lose.

I understand that I won’t change any minds but it’s just my perspective on the topic.

You make some excellent points. I really really don't think I am jinxing the team as I think my posts have zero effect on the outcome of the game but I can understand how some of my posts can get tiresome as perhaps I overdo it sometimes. 

Bottom line is we have to nail it come draft time (and of course develop properly).  Teams that have been successful have drafted and developed well.  Having high picks doesn't guarantee anything as you have suggested, it only improves your odds.  Getting more picks also improves your odds and that is what we need to do.