Logan Mailloux is back

titanfan

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He'll have to wait a little while longer - his game tomorrow just got postponed.

Looking ahead, TSN begins its CHL coverage on January 14 ... Mailloux's London Knights will appear on February 11th against Kitchener (Arber Xhekaj's team).

47 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

... Mailloux's London Knights will appear on February 11th against Kitchener (Arber Xhekaj's team).

Battle of two 6'3" young d-prospects, both needing to mature.

57 minutes ago, DON said:

Just 10 minutes of Mailloux highlights ...

Nice skater, seems to have good hands, and willing to hand out checks ... will be interesting to how his game translates to the OHL.

40 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Nice skater, seems to have good hands, and willing to hand out checks ... will be interesting to how his game translates to the OHL.

Seems similar to a RH Guhle? And yes am curious how will do with Knights in a couple weeks.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Nah.... hes not close to as good as guhle defensively.  He rushes the puck more though

Potentially a complementary pairing?

11 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I've seen other clips of him so I knew he had a good shot, but he seems to have really good all around offensive skills too.  ex:  he does numerous slick moves, like putting the puck through his feet up to his stick and other dangle like moves.  Also, he does at least 4 nice long passes - and he seems to know when to turn back and start over if the play coming out his zone doesn't look right.  Plus, he knocks numerous players stupid with his hits, and those players are probably Gally's size, but still.  

I've wondered this from other clips I've seen and this vid re-enforces my thought of if he turns out to be a dud defensively would there be a chance that he could be converted into a 4th liner?  With his size, he unarguably has way more skill than Penzetta and would get way more goals, and he can likely fight as good and probably even better. 

5 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

With his size, he unarguably has way more skill than Penzetta and would get way more goals, and he can likely fight as good and probably even better. 

Has he(or Guhle) even fought in junior? Not sure if he is "good" fighter or not and MORE skill than this fella...come on!

pezzetta.jpg

7 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I've seen other clips of him so I knew he had a good shot, but he seems to have really good all around offensive skills too.  ex:  he does numerous slick moves, like putting the puck through his feet up to his stick and other dangle like moves.  Also, he does at least 4 nice long passes - and he seems to know when to turn back and start over if the play coming out his zone doesn't look right.  Plus, he knocks numerous players stupid with his hits, and those players are probably Gally's size, but still.  

I've wondered this from other clips I've seen and this vid re-enforces my thought of if he turns out to be a dud defensively would there be a chance that he could be converted into a 4th liner?  With his size, he unarguably has way more skill than Penzetta and would get way more goals, and he can likely fight as good and probably even better. 

My understanding of Mailloux is that he would have been drafted much higher if not for the whole “sexual assault” thing. For all the justified criticism of MB on this, he saw a player whose value *as a hockey player* had been artificially devalued by an off-ice scandal and took advantage of that to bag a potentially high-impact prospect. Assuming the kid has learned from this debacle - a risky assumption - we may yet end up singing MB’s praises for this pick. https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2021/7/26/22593157/logan-mailloux-draft-profile-scouting-report-montreal-canadiens-2021-nhl-draft-defenceman

13 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Potentially a complementary pairing?

I think best pairings would be

Guhle Norlinder

Harris Mailloux 

Though... but that doesnt mean Guhle Mailloux is bad.  So yes potentially.

42 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

My understanding of Mailloux is that he would have been drafted much higher if not for the whole “sexual assault” thing. For all the justified criticism of MB on this, he saw a player whose value *as a hockey player* had been artificially devalued by an off-ice scandal and took advantage of that to bag a potentially high-impact prospect. Assuming the kid has learned from this debacle - a risky assumption - we may yet end up singing MB’s praises for this pick. https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2021/7/26/22593157/logan-mailloux-draft-profile-scouting-report-montreal-canadiens-2021-nhl-draft-defenceman

I dont know.  I had him as a second rounder before learning of his conviction.

That said its really hard sometimes to rank players like him.  Had 4 ohl games as a 16 year old.  Played in junior A that year.  Played in the Swedish 3rd division 

Its hard to see where his game really is as the level of competition sucks.  His defensive game is really questionable for that reason.  Hard to learn without being challenged by your peers.

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I dont know.  I had him as a second rounder before learning of his conviction.

That said its really hard sometimes to rank players like him.  Had 4 ohl games as a 16 year old.  Played in junior A that year.  Played in the Swedish 3rd division 

Its hard to see where his game really is as the level of competition sucks.  His defensive game is really questionable for that reason.  Hard to learn without being challenged by your peers.

Part of me wonders whether he will be the second coming of Sheldon Souray. He seems to fit that basic profile. 

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think best pairings would be

Guhle Norlinder

Harris Mailloux

If all four of those kids work out -- and we still have Romanov, too, and maybe Edmundson -- we could actually have a solid D corps, even if none of them end up being actually elite level. But I'm not going to hold my breath that all of them will end up reaching their ceilings.

8 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Teams seem to not want to try that (or the player resists).  I remember saying the same thing about Dalton Thrower, that he was someone better suited to play on the fourth line.  They didn't try it and he washed out quickly.

21 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Part of me wonders whether he will be the second coming of Sheldon Souray. He seems to fit that basic profile. 

From a value perspective, that'd be a pretty good return on a late 1st rounder.

11 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If all four of those kids work out -- and we still have Romanov, too, and maybe Edmundson -- we could actually have a solid D corps, even if none of them end up being actually elite level. But I'm not going to hold my breath that all of them will end up reaching their ceilings.

For all four of them to work out would represent a radical transformation of our player development pattern. 

The Habs pattern would be for 1-2 of them to make the NHL as bottom-pairing guys…and some fans stroking their beards and saying this was a “reasonable result” based on drafting position 🙄

47 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

For all four of them to work out would represent a radical transformation of our player development pattern. 

The Habs pattern would be for 1-2 of them to make the NHL as bottom-pairing guys…and some fans stroking their beards and saying this was a “reasonable result” based on drafting position 🙄

I'm cautiously optimistic that we may see some improvements in this regard. But not confident yet, at least not for now.

Well, Mailloux is off to a strong start with the London Knights. He scored two assists in his first game, and two goals in his second game.

How good is this kid, likely just a 2 game hot start due to adrenaline after sitting all fall watching team play?

And by April, should be <1pt/gm i would fully expect. 

Roughly 1 point/game would still be a top defenceman in the OHL.

But let's see where this goes. The first two games were very encouraging but there are still many games to play. I would be particularly interested to see his performance in the OHL playoffs -- and Memorial Cup, should London make it that far.

On 12/30/2021 at 8:29 AM, Commandant said:

A mistake is sleeping in and being late for practice.  The kid committed a crime of a sexual nature.

Lets not minimize that as just a mistake.

I hope he has gotten treatment and understands 

Well all reports are that he did and is still receiving treatment as you refer to it, guidance is a proper term. You are approaching bullying with your online attacks of him. Maybe some treatment is needed? 

Let's just let the kid play hockey and if he lives his without further incident assume it was a one time mistake. 

The world has gotten over it, he did his time, owned up to his mistake, yes mistake. Sometimes when kids break a law it is a mistake and they learn from it. 

Stop being so grumpy. It bores me. 

Online bullying is a crime by the way. Incase you were not aware. Continually throw up what he did on the teams site is a form of bullying. Stop it. 

21 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Roughly 1 point/game would still be a top defenceman in the OHL.

Yes, i think is very limited group of d every year, who get 1pt/gm or better in the CHL. (e.g. 2 years ago were 6 in the OHL)

6 hours ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Online bullying is a crime by the way. Incase you were not aware. Continually throw up what he did on the teams site is a form of bullying. Stop it. 

I'm pretty sure he's aware of that.  I'm also pretty sure it has been made abundantly clear that antagonistic comments towards another poster are not appreciated nor acceptable.  Stop it.