Fantasy Football Champs ... Anyone?

revvvrob

just wondering since the football season is over - if we have any league champions out there?

i was in 4 leagues this year -

lost in the championship game for 2 of them (thanks Mr. Carson Palmer - chokes in the clutch for me!)

came in 8th out of 10 (i think) in another league

and came in dead last in the league i joined to help Fanpuck out since the original GM quit (and i now know why he quit!)

how did anyone else do?

which player was the key to your success ... or demise?

i was in 4 leagues this year -

lost in the championship game for 2 of them (thanks Mr. Carson Palmer - chokes in the clutch for me!)

Ha, that's why in week 17 you never start the QB of a team who has already clinched a playoff spot.

and came in dead last in the league i joined to help Fanpuck out since the original GM quit (and i now know why he quit!)

how did anyone else do?

which player was the key to your success ... or demise?

Hehe, and the team's best keeper, Randy Moss, was pretty worthless this year. With him at his best, you'd have won a few more games.

I finished 4th in that league, an amazing feat if you ask me. Players on my team included Terrell Owens (suspended for most of the season), Daunte Culpepper (Sucked for 6 weeks, then got hurt and sexed it up on a boat), Jamal Lewis (worthless since getting out of prison), and Domanick Davis (missed a number of games), Drew Bennett (missed most of the season).

Edited by Fanpuck33

Going into the season i had won the last 4 leagues i had entered, but this year was a pretty brutal one.

I didn't even make the playoffs in the HW league, coming in 5th out of 8 :puke:

In a league with some buddies i came in 4th out of 14, making the playoffs with a late charge courtesy of Larry Johnson. I just couldn't find a second RB though after my Kevin Jones pick in the second round was a horrenduous bust.

I wouldn't have even made the playoffs in that league if i hadn't of traded Marshall Faulk and Travis Taylor for Johnson before the season started :lol:

Ha, that's why in week 17 you never start the QB of a team who has already clinched a playoff spot.

no - he killed me in week 16! the league i was in (other than the 1 with you - in which i had my best week of the year 105 pts) had it's finals 1 week early. Cincinnati had a lot to play for that game and came up limp against Buffalo!

oh well - UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!

I won 2 of 3 pools but they were not player pools they were pro pick em type pools where you pick the winner each week. I had 3 weeks where I only missed one game. I was in one player pool and got killed it was my first time though better luck for me next time.

I was in 4 leagues this year. Won 2 of them, finished 3rd in another and then 5th. I was number 1 all year for one of my league wins and the other, I just barely made it into the playoffs on a tiebreak so I got the last seed.

My number 1 all year team had guys like Brady, Alexander, Chad Johnson. And maybe my shrewdest pick which paid the biggest dividends, the Indianapolis defense. My other team was mostly helped by mid-season pickups. Guys like Santana Moss, Mike Anderson and T.J Houshmanzadeh. It was also helped by two big guys from the original draft, Carson Palmer and Ladanian Tomlinson.

Overall, I had a great year. :D

I won my one and only league (the HW one), and oddly enough, it was largely in part because of Palmer's play, but our league only went until week 16. He and Shaun Alexander were the main keys to my success this season.

Two questions:

1. How do these fantasy leagues work? Never been in one...

2. How the hell come he didn't win bonus points for sexing up on a boat!!!

My key players were Santana Moss (drafted like 10th round out of around 19 or something), Steve Smith (acquired via trade...Hines ward and Derrick Brooks for him..before he went on fire)

Finished 3rd place out of 8 teams....