Game # 35: Montreal @ Boston, 12-Jan-2021, 19h00

alfredoh2009

I'll take this one, hoping to shake the avatar:

But since I am now more and more of a    :flaming:troll    :flaming: than anything, here is what may happen instead:

Ours asustado urso GIF on GIFER - by Silverfont

• Upvote 1

• alfredoh2009 changed the title to Game # 35: Montreal @ Boston, 12-Jan-2021, 19h00

Per Habs website ... Josh Anderson, Tyler Toffoli and Jake Evans were in non-contact sweaters.

Ducharme said on the daily scrum that Romanov and Evans will not play today or tomorrow because they did not have their equipment in time.

I am looking forwards to seeing Vejdemo, Niku and Dauphin against the Bruins. I hope they can hold their own.

Drouin has been the most consistent forward on the team. I hope he continues tonight

:habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

Go Habs Go!!!

:habslogo::habslogo::habslogo:

The top two lines look OK...after that it's quite the dog's breakfast 

My Dog is Vomiting Clear Fluid – What Should I Do? (Video) - Simply For Dogs

I dunno, I have a weird feeling the Habs are going to start getting some wins. The rest, completely redefined ultra-low expectations meaning players have nothing to lose, other teams knowing we utterly blow chunks and consequently not being particularly engaged when playing us - to my mind, it's the kind of recipe that can see a team get some Ws in spite of itself. 

A few wins would be nice to see, have a nice gap between Sens and themselves and can afford to pick up a few points.

Again, hope the youth shines and fills the Bruins net, sucks Romanov wont be out there.

The injury list does not look good as compared to the Bruins:

Scratched: Alexander Romanov, Jake Evans

Injured: Brendan Gallagher (lower body), Josh Anderson (upper body), Tyler Toffoli (hand), Mathieu Perreault (undisclosed), Joel Edmundson (undisclosed)

COVID-19 protocol: Alex Belzile, Kale Clague

Scratched: Karson Kuhlman

Injured: Nick Foligno (lower body), Trent Frederic (upper body), Jakub Zboril (torn ACL)

COVID-19 protocol: Connor Clifton, Derek Forbort 

But let's hope the rest has done some good for Petry.

1 hour ago, DON said:

A few wins would be nice to see, have a nice gap between Sens and themselves and can afford to pick up a few points.

Again, hope the youth shines and fills the Bruins net, sucks Romanov wont be out there.

TWO wins would be nice ... tonight and tomorrow ... save alfredoh2009 from his self-imposed purgatory and then muddle their way through to the end of the season ... maybe 3 wins in every 8 games ... better than they have been doing, but not so many as to significantly impact lottery odds.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

TWO wins would be nice ... tonight and tomorrow ... save alfredoh2009 from his self-imposed purgatory and then muddle their way through to the end of the season ... maybe 3 wins in every 8 games ... better than they have been doing, but not so many as to significantly impact lottery odds.

I may be enjoying being a troll too much...

Three goals on 12 shots ... and I would be hard-pressed to blame either of our goalies for any of those. Marchand left open twice, and then a fluky deflection off a skate. Sigh. The story of this season in one period.

9 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

There is really no point in paying attention to that Marchand guy in our zone, he's all washed up, isn't he?

Hoffman's defensive coverage on him in this game has been laughably putrid (not just on that play either).

RDS guys were surprised Allen stayed in after the first goal and definitely after the second ... he tried to tough out (perhaps at least until the end of the period but wasn't doing himself or the habs any favours (IMO) ... tonight or going forward.

Just now, dlbalr said:

Hoffman's defensive coverage on him in this game has been laughably putrid (not just on that play either).

Indeed. Suzuki and Lehkonen are responsible but Boston has five players on the ice ...

Just now, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

There is life!!  I think you meant Tasmanian but Tanzanian sounds better.  He is a devil for sure!

Darn autocorrect !!

• Like 1

Dauphin shoots on the post. He is having a good game,

Vejdemo and Niku are also looking good: not intimidated by the Bruins

those ate the three I wanted to see tonight 

10 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Dauphin shoots on the post. He is having a good game,

Vejdemo and Niku are also looking good: not intimidated by the Bruins

Niku has over 12 minutes TOI after two periods. That has to be a new record for him.

Not thrilled with Pezzetta basically turtling after the hard hit on Grzelcyk.  If you're going to line someone up in a blowout and you're a fighter like he is, that's a bad look.  Assuming the Habs don't score a quick one to make it interesting, that decision will probably have some sort of carryover effect in the third.

28 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Pezzetta !!!!! ...

Don't expect that he has a long term NHL future ... maybe next season if the habs do tear down the roster to some extent ... but I would find a way to keep him around for the rest of this season ... despite his apparent turtling, he gives 100% when he is out there ... not many others who do that on this team ... reward the work ethic.

29 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Not thrilled with Pezzetta basically turtling after the hard hit on Grzelcyk.  If you're going to line someone up in a blowout and you're a fighter like he is, that's a bad look.  Assuming the Habs don't score a quick one to make it interesting, that decision will probably have some sort of carryover effect in the third.

Dammed if he fights 

Dammed if he turtles

can’t win with you