Game # 35: Montreal @ Boston, 12-Jan-2021, 19h00

alfredoh2009

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Of all the AHL callups who were journeymen and not reallyseen as prospects, I'm actually liking Dauphin a lot. 

I could see him in a bottom-six role long term

Better than Paquette at least.

Agreed 

26 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Of all the AHL callups who were journeymen and not reallyseen as prospects, I'm actually liking Dauphin a lot. 

I could see him in a bottom-six role long term

Better than Paquette at least.

21 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Agreed 

4th line I'll totally agree ... MAYBE 3rd line if next season's roster is stripped down, but not longer term. 

“I said to myself that it might be my last chance, at 26 years old,” Dauphin said after practice on Tuesday. “I prepared for it, and I knew my first games would be important and the first games of this road trip as well... If it is my last chance, I can’t let it go by.”

Dauphin knows where he stands, and he's giving it everything he's got.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Dammed if he fights 

Dammed if he turtles

can’t win with you

If he picks an unnecessary fight that does more harm than good, it's stupid and he has done that several times this season (and a bunch of times in the minors).  If he takes an unnecessarily hard run at a guy and then turtles when someone tries to retaliate, it's still stupid (this was a first for him, usually he drops the gloves).  But here's a crazy idea - how about he just plays without doing stupid things?  That's not a hard request; this isn't me asking an unrealistic standard from him.  If he wants to succeed in this league, things like he did tonight after his hit on Grzelcyk don't help his cause.  Things like he did before that hit do help his cause such as his goal and overall hustle.  One helps a team win, one gets an opponent riled up to take some liberties on teammates.  More good hustle is needed and a lot less stupidity. 

I don't like when players do stupid things and will call them out on it.  I've done that for years regardless of who it is - if you see the same player mentioned regularly, there's probably a reason for it.

21 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If he picks an unnecessary fight that does more harm than good, it's stupid and he has done that several times this season (and a bunch of times in the minors).  If he takes an unnecessarily hard run at a guy and then turtles when someone tries to retaliate, it's still stupid (this was a first for him, usually he drops the gloves).  But here's a crazy idea - how about he just plays without doing stupid things?  That's not a hard request; this isn't me asking an unrealistic standard from him.  If he wants to succeed in this league, things like he did tonight after his hit on Grzelcyk don't help his cause.  Things like he did before that hit do help his cause such as his goal and overall hustle.  One helps a team win, one gets an opponent riled up to take some liberties on teammates.  More good hustle is needed and a lot less stupidity. 

I don't like when players do stupid things and will call them out on it.  I've done that for years regardless of who it is - if you see the same player mentioned regularly, there's probably a reason for it.

Pezzetta was already on the ice, he protected his face from the crosscheck that was coming. This game, he played physical without getting a ad penalty. Petry's penalty was dumb: lost his helmet, stopped playing (again, and stared at the ref for a long time) then realized he was out of position and took the penalty.

I have less patience for a 4th liner fringe player like Paquette who was MIA and didn't bring any energy; and that is before talking about Armia who was useless. I have more criticism against those two than Pezzetta... :spamafote: but I am just a troll now, what do I know... right :spamafote:

The Habs are now in last overall, can't remember that ever happening this late in a year. I don't expect them to be there long as I expect they will win a few games and surpass Arizona as they get some injured  guys back. Who knows, they might even win 2 in a row so alfredoh can go back to being normal. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

The Habs are now in last overall, can't remember that ever happening this late in a year. I don't expect them to be there long as I expect they will win a few games and surpass Arizona as they get some injured  guys back. Who knows, they might even win 2 in a row so alfredoh can go back to being normal. 

:youpi::youpi::youpi:

that would be such a "sour cream and chives" party evening

:youpi::youpi::youpi:

8 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I remember earlier this season, there was general agreement that we would never catch Arizona for worst overall. 🙄 I mean, good for the tank, but as a Habs fan I cannot possibly take satisfaction in this disgrace.

Similarly, letting Marchand score 3? Kill me now.

54 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Similarly, letting Marchand score 3? Kill me now.

Yup, watching a smiling Marchand have his way with the Habs is like sticking a knife in and twisting it.  They BETTER get the draft right for making us go through that kind of torture. 

11 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I thought you would get a kick out of this:

1 hour ago, DON said:

... Is Caufield gonna ever score again?

His next game with the Rocket?

12 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Pezzetta was already on the ice, he protected his face from the crosscheck that was coming. This game, he played physical without getting a ad penalty. Petry's penalty was dumb: lost his helmet, stopped playing (again, and stared at the ref for a long time) then realized he was out of position and took the penalty.

I have less patience for a 4th liner fringe player like Paquette who was MIA and didn't bring any energy; and that is before talking about Armia who was useless. I have more criticism against those two than Pezzetta... :spamafote: but I am just a troll now, what do I know... right :spamafote:

Yep, Petry didn't play it well by standing there but made the right call to take the penalty than give up the breakaway since Kulak wasn't in position.

I'm no Paquette fan either - he can sit and wouldn't be missed.  Armia definitely had a bad game and I don't even mind that Pezzetta was moved up on the PP ahead of him as he was hustling at least.  I just don't like how he gave Boston ammunition to take some liberties in the second half of the game and it should be noted that the Wideman headbutt that's going to get him suspended came from a scrum that Pezzetta was in.  When he was on the ice after what he did, they were seeing red and looking for a scrum every time they could.  Had he not did what he did in the 2nd, I'm not sure that Wideman thing happens in the 3rd as a result; the intensity of that scrum intensified when Pezzetta got there and things went sideways from there.  While he didn't take a penalty as you noted, I can still at least partially correlate Wideman's pending suspension to Pezzetta's action and that's not good.

I don't see why you feel the need to egg me on about Pezzetta.  I've followed him for years as the prospect writer here and I have seen more than enough with which to form the opinion I have of him, one that I feel is fair and accurate based on the many viewings I've had.  He is not a talented enough player to outscore the mistakes he makes.  Many energy/4th line players like him aren't which is why they don't progress to becoming an NHL regular even though their effort level and hustle are never in question.  

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Yep, Petry didn't play it well by standing there but made the right call to take the penalty than give up the breakaway since Kulak wasn't in position.

I'm no Paquette fan either - he can sit and wouldn't be missed.  Armia definitely had a bad game and I don't even mind that Pezzetta was moved up on the PP ahead of him as he was hustling at least.  I just don't like how he gave Boston ammunition to take some liberties in the second half of the game and it should be noted that the Wideman headbutt that's going to get him suspended came from a scrum that Pezzetta was in.  When he was on the ice after what he did, they were seeing red and looking for a scrum every time they could.  Had he not did what he did in the 2nd, I'm not sure that Wideman thing happens in the 3rd as a result; the intensity of that scrum intensified when Pezzetta got there and things went sideways from there.  While he didn't take a penalty as you noted, I can still at least partially correlate Wideman's pending suspension to Pezzetta's action and that's not good.

I don't see why you feel the need to egg me on about Pezzetta.  I've followed him for years as the prospect writer here and I have seen more than enough with which to form the opinion I have of him, one that I feel is fair and accurate based on the many viewings I've had.  He is not a talented enough player to outscore the mistakes he makes.  Many energy/4th line players like him aren't which is why they don't progress to becoming an NHL regular even though their effort level and hustle are never in question.  

I am just letting my inner troll run loose, let's hope the Habs win two in a row soon

KK_loki_Capture.gif

Saying Pezzetta skating away was the wrong thing to do? WHAAAAAAAAA? :wall:

Emelin and Romanov turtle(ed) all the time after huge hits and drew/are drawing lots of penalties, which we all should be all encouraging, no?

NO one ever should need to fight to back up their play, is such an immature reaction and quite annoying these days. Fighting should be an immediate suspension and team fine to fight (same as all rest of major sports in the world).

18 hours ago, DON said:

Saying Pezzetta skating away was the wrong thing to do? WHAAAAAAAAA? :wall:

Emelin and Romanov turtle(ed) all the time after huge hits and drew/are drawing lots of penalties, which we all should be all encouraging, no?

NO one ever should need to fight to back up their play, is such an immature reaction and quite annoying these days. Fighting should be an immediate suspension and team fine to fight (same as all rest of major sports in the world).

I didn’t see the play in question, but yeah, the idea that you automatically have to drop the mitts after laying out a guy with a clean check is dumb.

Ya, i know exactly what dlbalr is getting at, but i simply dont care how physical a guy is or how much it pisses off the other team.

If i ran the NHL, any fighting would get exact same punishment as NFL-MLB-NBA-FIFA would dole out for throwing punches at or attacking another player.